Status: just beginning....

Unmask My Deception

1

Ebony entered the compartment with Draco, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle -the two bigger ones digging loudly into their candy- and stupefied her chocolate frog. Draco made a disgusted face at Crabbe and Goyle before turning to her.

“How was your summer?”

“Well I was at your place for the most part,” she smirked lightly, toying with a lock of her long, luscious hair as she sat, flashing a brilliantly white smile at Blaise before answering.

“Best part of the summer,” Draco commented as he leaned back in his seat.

“Better than your flings in France, and mine in Italy?” Ebony teased as she bit into the amphibian. From what he'd told her, there had been many blondes that caught his fancy that summer.

Draco continued to smirk. “What happens in France...”

“Someone's full of cheesy clichés today,” Ebony remarked.

“Well, what can I say? I've been stuck with these two lugs for the past few days.”

“You have an entire manor full of things to entertain yourself with,” she reminded him.

“Nothing's as much fun without you.” He flashed a quick smile that he reserved only for her, before his face turned into a subtle frown. “Did you talk to that Seye girl at all this summer?”

The corner of Ebony's lip lifted slightly. “Yes, Dray, I always do.”

He released a sigh as he shot her an exasperated look. “You don't need to spend your time feeling sorry for girls like her, you know. If you're bored, you know the way to my house.”

Ebony pouted, slightly mockingly. “Would you listen to how terrible it is to have cramps every-"
Draco immediately cut Ebony off.

“Alright, alright, I get the point!”

She flashed a dazzling smile. He chuckled lightly. They'd just begun to speak again when voices from the hall cut into the compartment.

“Padfoot shouldn't have come.”

“It really wasn't a big deal, Hermione-”

“Would the two of you shut it and pick a compartment already!?”

Ebony recognized the voices.

Oh Merlin, she sighed to herself. Though the fight was mainly between Draco and Potter, and she was simply on Draco's side, she somehow always managed to get involved. Of course, most of her involvement was due to her sister jumping in. No one, not even Draco, nor her sisters best friend Hermione, knew that she and Raleigh were related.

Right on cue, Raleigh threw the compartment door open, frustrated at the bickering between her friends, and was surprised to be greeted with the sight of her sister.

“Ebony!”

“Leigh,” Ebony replied, refraining from smiling to herself in front of present company. It wasn't difficult, as she had no interest in being within a mile-radius of the Chosen One.

Harry whispered to Raleigh, “Really, could you have picked a worse compartment?!”

“Oh shut it, I'm sure Ebony and the others don't mind scooting over a bit.” She turned to the immaculate brunette seated beside her fellow Slytherins. Somehow, though Raleigh was nearly the definition of a Gryffindor, and Ebony had all the traits of a Slytherin, the girls had ended up in opposite houses.

“How was your summer?” Raleigh asked, scooting inside the compartment a bit more so everyone could squeeze inside.

Ebony knew she was going to owe Draco big time for what she was about to do. She instructed Crabbe and Goyle to leave with a small nod. He's going to kill me...

Raleigh dropped down onto the seat across from Ebony and motioned for the other three to join her. She gave her younger sister a grin as she settled in.

“The shopping was good in Venice and Spain- and the sweets there were delightful,” the younger of the two smirked.

The elder grinned and teased, “I'm sure you tried a lot of different "sweets", didn't you?”

“Only the best.” Ebony leaned back, her posture perfect from the corset beneath her blouse.

“Not that this conversation isn't fascinating, but I'd prefer to find a less crowded compartment, if you know what I mean.” Harry cut in.

Ron muttered, “But mate, this is the last one on the train."

Harry answered in a fake whisper, “I'd rather throw myself out a window than sit with this lot the rest of the way,” he glanced pointedly at Draco.

Raleigh shot an exasperated glance to Ebony, who uncharacteristically scowled, stood, and pushed the window open with ease for her petite frame. Ebony rarely expressed any emotions

“By all means,” she said dryly. Draco refrained from laughing as Harry narrowed his eyes at the young girl.

Raleigh sighed. “Ebony...”

“No Raleigh," Harry spoke up. "if Seymour wants to be a self-absorbed prat-”

“Watch it, Potter- she's the only reason you're in here. I would love to throw you out,” Draco challenged, drawing his wand.

“Brave words, Malfoy. Is that what your worthless mum threatens you with?” Harry shot back.

“At least I have one,” Draco smirked. Ebony's lips twisted into a smirk as well, knowing Potter would have no retort. Raleigh's easily triggered temper flared.

“You're about two seconds away from seeing just how far I can shove my wand up your arse,” she threatened Draco.

“Leigh...” Ebony warned. She couldn't help but notice, for a moment, that Potter's eyes flashed a brighter green when he was angry.

Draco lifted his wand to Raleigh's face, and Harry pushed her back out of the way and pointed his own into Malfoy's. Ebony moved in front of Draco, daring Harry to curse her. Not wanting Ebony to get hurt, Raleigh slowly lowered Harry's arm. Draco tried to move Ebony out of the way, but she would not budge.

“Are the two of you finished?” Hermione snapped at the boys.

“Not until that prat learns his place!”

“C'mon, mate, he's not worth it...” Ron began, not wanting Harry to get in trouble before the school year even began.

“I'd say he's worth a good hexing jinx to the face.” Raleigh quipped, to Ebony’s annoyance. The elder of the two sisters lifted her wand at Draco.

“Just go ahead and try it,” Blaise challenged, getting up as well and drawing his wand, shoving it into Raleigh's face.

Raleigh tightened her hand around her wand as Ebony gave a small sigh. This was not going to end well.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOK AT THE CHARACTER CHART- the pictures are beautiful~ Comment and Subscribe!