Status: just beginning....

Unmask My Deception

2

Tension rippled throughout the compartment as Raleigh, Ebony, Harry, Draco, Ron, and Blaise all faced off, ready to fight.

“Honestly, the lot of you are acting like children!” Hermione frowned to her friends. With that, she crossed one leg over the other and pulled out a book.

“They started it, Mione!” Raleigh pouted in a childish voice.

“Leigh, I brought you something,” Ebony cast a sweet smile at her sister. Raleigh crossed her arms and gave her little sister a frown, refusing to step down. “It’s from Barcelona…” she tempted, and Raleigh let out a reluctant sigh. Keeping an eye on Draco and Blaise, she stuck her wand back into her back pocket and sank down onto the seat beside Hermione.

“Alright, I’m listening…”

Ebony grabbed her purse from the luggage rack, yanking Draco down next to her. Gradually, Blaise sank down, and Harry and Ron begrudgingly settled themselves next to Raleigh.

“A Gucci purse?” Raleigh asked, raising an eyebrow at her sister.

“Only the best,” Ebony replied with a sweet smile. Raleigh rolled her eyes as Ebony delicately extracted a sequined jewelry box and tossed it to her elder sister.

“Goblin made, darling.”

Raleigh all but tore into it and pulled out a gorgeous bracelet; she let out a very un-Raleigh like squeal and dove across the compartment, pulling Ebony into a hug.

Ebony rolled to the side to avoid landing on Draco, smiling slightly in amusement and gave her sister a hug back. Harry and Ron exchanged confused glances with each other, puzzled over Raleigh’s display of affection.

“I should have given you my gift first because there’s no way I’m topping that!” Raleigh sighed, moving back to her seat across from her sister.

“Don’t be silly, money’s not everything.”

Ron gave a contemptuous snort at Ebony, who ignored it. Raleigh reached into the pocket of her jeans, and fished out the bracelet she’d made her sister.

“It’s beautiful,” Ebony told Raleigh as she took the bracelet and slipped it on, flashing a genuine smile. She wasn’t as easily open to affection as her sister was.

“I’m ready to get out of here,” Harry whispered noisily to Raleigh. “I’ve had enough of Malfoy’s ugly face for one day.”

Raleigh opened her mouth to respond, but was instantly cut off. Ebony stood, wand out and pointing it at Harry; Harry instantly returned the gesture. Feeling a rush of protection for her sister, Raleigh got to her feet as well and slid between the two of them.

Harry, Ron, and Draco all wore puzzled looks, wondering if Raleigh would cross Harry to defend Ebony. Thinking fast, Raleigh said,

“Harry, if you do anything to mess up that bracelet, I’ll curse you myself. It took me all summer to make!”

"It’s fine, Leigh,” Ebony glanced down at her perfectly manicured nails. “If the boy has a problem, by all means let him come at me.”

“Is that a challenge, Seymour?” Harry stepped forward.

Raleigh began to interject, but Harry pushed her aside to glower at Ebony. Before Raleigh could get between them again, Hermione grabbed her arm and yanked her down.

“Honestly, Raleigh, stay out of it!”

“It’s only a challenge if you’re up to par,” Ebony arched a perfect eyebrow at Harry.

“Which you're not,” Harry lifted his wand, preparing to shout a spell.

“Really, if you two feel the need to go at it that badly,” Hermione huffed, getting up and shoving both Harry and Ebony into the hall. “Come back in when you’re done!” With a slam of the door, Hermione dropped back down and began reading again.

Raleigh, sitting very grumpily besides Hermione, gave Draco a glare. He immediately sneered back. “I’ve got no idea what Ebony sees in you,” she informed him, crossing her arms.

“I don’t know why she wastes her time with scum like you,” Draco spat.

“I’m not afraid to throw the pair of you into the hall as well!” Hermione snapped, giving the two of them a glare. The compartment fell into silence as they waited for Harry and Ebony to return.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

As Hermione slammed the door, Harry regained his footing and spun around, squaring his shoulders and pointing his wand at Ebony, but she’d beat him to it.

“Stupefy!” she cried; Harry barely managed to counter it with Expelliarmus. She’s faster than I thought, he exclaimed to himself.

Ebony, irate at not hitting her target, cried, “Imedimenta!” This time, Harry wasn’t quick enough. Her spell caught him in the center of the chest and sent him flying backwards. “Expelliarmus!” she cried again; Harry managed to roll out of the way, angering Ebony even more. She was very much a perfectionist and always achieved top grades, though she didn't broadcast it like Granger.

Ebony began to show emotion on her face- anger, and quite a bit. She advanced towards Harry, firing jinxes left and right, growing increasingly angry every time he dodged or blocked them.

“Protego!” Harry cried, rebounding a rather nasty spell of Ebony’s. The spell knocked Ebony’s wand from her hand; as Harry scrambled to his feet, Ebony threw herself into Harry and slammed him up against the wall of the train. Though she was much smaller than Harry, she had a fierce strength.

“You are such a prat! You think you’re so special just because you’re the Chosen One! News to you- you're only still a half-blood!”

Harry was startled enough by the anger in her voice that he just stared, wide-eyed at her as she shouted. Harry began to lift his wand slowly, but she managed to knock it out of his hand. Her cold but beautiful face was only inches from his.

Without a second thought, Harry leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe if you like it :)