Sacred.

Part 5.

*3 years later*

The lights were hot and blinding. I could feel the sweat bead on my forehead. I couldn’t see the audience, which helped calm the nerves.

I wonder if this is what the light looked like for Kayleigh?

Did she see the light?

I moved closer to the microphone, my heart racing. This was the first time I had performed Sacred live.

“Tonight, we’re gonna play you a special song.” I spoke.

A million girls screamed my name, screamed Tom’s name.

“We’ve never actually played this one live before.” Tom admitted to the audience.

“And I’d like to dedicate this song to someone extremely special to me. Kayleigh,” I turned my gaze to the ceiling, “this is for you babe.”

The song began. As I began to sing, it could have been my imagination or the lights, but I saw a figure in the blinding lights. Kayleigh. She was watching over me. I sang it to her, with all my heart, soul, emotion. I didn’t even notice the tears leaking from my eyes until I reached up to wipe them away. When we finished the song, I reached out to her calling “I love you!” The crowd assumed that I was calling to them, which I suppose isn’t a bad thing.

I could feel her presence, hear her voice. It was like the most beautiful music, filling my ears, healing my heart.

“You did it, Bill. I am so proud of you. I love you.”

With that said, the figure in the lights seemed to dissolve.

“I love you too.” I whispered, away from the microphone.

Only she was meant to hear that.

“Goodnight!” Tom yelled, and the lights went out, providing us time to get off stage.

* * * * *

I laid in bed. Tom was sitting on his bed doing nothing in particular.

“Tom?”

“Yeah, lil’ bro?”

“She was there. I heard her, I saw here.”

“Hunh?”

“Kayleigh. She was there when we did Sacred.”

“Oh, I know Bill. I saw her too.”

“You did?”

“Yep, and I can tell you; She’s mighty proud of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter.
Please feedback me <3