Status: Trick or Treat

Happy Halloween

H

"May? May, come on now, this isn't funny anymore. Come out wherever you are!" my voice echoed down the long, quiet hallway. The distant sound of my other friends voices was echoing behind me. For the past twenty minutes we had been calling out May's name in hopes she would call back, so far though, nothing.

"Hailz, did you find her yet?" a small redheaded girl came bouncing down the hallway. Her white skinny jeans were almost glowing in the darkness. She stopped once I was in complete view for her.

Shaking my head, I turned on heel, and started towards the staircase, "Let's go and find the guys, maybe they've found her and they just haven't called us yet," we linked arms and ran down the long staircase. Cherry kept looking at the walls as we walked down the corridors, each wall had something odd about it, either a weird stain, or torn wallpaper, it wasn't a very beautiful house, but it was the house my parents decided to buy.

Cherry pushed on a door, one we had been trying to pry open for the past two weeks, it swung straight open with an eerie creak, "Dude, we should go downstairs and investigate!" Rolling my eyes with a laugh, we held hands and started down the stairs, she kept flashing her light over every random little corner, "What's that?" She shined the light on a small puddle in the far corner.

Walking towards it carefully, I took the flashlight from her and looked at the puddle, a deep crimson color pooled around my finger as I placed it in it. A cool feeling overtook the tip, I brought it into full view and sniffed it, "Huh, it has a weird -," my light flashed to behind Cherry, a dripping object hung behind her, "Cherry, I want you to step closer to me, right now."

She did so, I flashed the light onto the dangling object once more, three small bumps were hanging from it, two small stumps stood next to them, the same crimson liquid on the ground by our feet was dripping from the object. Reaching my hand out slowly, I felt the soft, smooth feeling of skin. Swallowing my dry saliva, I moved the light higher, "OH MY GOD, IS THAT MAY?!"

Hanging above us on one of the rafters was a head of pink hair, two dark holes where eyes should be placed, and a set of lips sewn together, blood seeping through the bindings. The two of us erupted into a loud chorus of screams. Inhaling quickly, I looked at the wall to our sides, written in sloppy, jagged writing, something was scrawled, Happy Halloween.

My stomach dropped to my feet, "Cherry, we have to find the guys. Now."
♠ ♠ ♠
New.

Short.

Shitty.

Will get better.

Only story I will be updating this month.

Happy Halloween,
Nicole.