Status: One Shot

It's Hard To Swallow.

1/1

Alex lay quietly on the couch watching the Home Alone DVD screen. He was waiting for Jack to get back from the bathroom but it had been about 20 minutes and he didn’t seem to be coming out anytime soon. Alex had just about fully recovered from a bad bout of the stomach flu, but it seems like Jack had probably caught it.

In fact they were supposed to be watching a movie and lazing around on the couch today because Alex wasn’t feeling one hundred percent yet and Jack had woken up feeling a little worse for wear. They had just gotten situated on the couch when Jack had said he needed to use the restroom, so Alex had paused the DVD and untangled their legs.

Alex sighed to himself and sat up, stretching his arms over his head. His stomach protested a bit at the sudden movement but settled after a second. He slowly stood up, only getting dizzy for a minute, before he made his way down the hallway toward the bathroom.

“Jack?” He knocked softly on the door and heard a groan in return.

“Baby? Can I come in?” Jack groaned again. Alex went to turn the doorknob but found the door locked.

“Jack, can you let me in?” Jack was shaking his head before he realized that Alex had no way of seeing that.

“I need a few minutes.” Jack managed to call out, his stomach was hurting him beyond belief and he was mentally cursing Alex for giving this to him.

After about ten more minutes Jack figured nothing else was going to come out so he stood up, pulling up his sweats and flushed the toilet, washing his hands vigorously, before exiting the bathroom and turning the fan on.

“Jack?” Alex was back on the couch; his body still wasn’t up for standing for long periods of time. Jack sighed and went to lie on the couch next to Alex. Jack tangled his legs with Alex and buried his face into the cushion.

“That was terrible.” Jack moaned. “My stomach still fucking kills.”

Alex pressed a soft kiss to Jack’s forehead, “I’m sorry, baby.” Jack closed his eyes and snuggled closer to Alex. He didn’t really want the older to blame himself for his stomach issues, but he already knew that Alex felt guilty anyway.

“It’s fine, Alex. I mean you went through this for last week, I think I’ll make it.” Alex pouted but wrapped Jack up in a hug.

“Well I’ll take care of you, like you took care of me. Want to put on Home Alone now?” Jack shook his head and turned onto his back.

“I really want to go lay in bed with you.” Alex smiled and laughed when Jack struggled to untangle their limbs. Jack stuck his tongue out but held out his arms to pull Alex to his feet, the two of them stumbling into their bedroom.

“I would say we should have sex but I’m pretty sure I have the runs and that could be potentially awkward” Alex laughed at Jack’s bluntness, shaking his head as the younger cuddled up closer to him.

“You’re disgusting sometimes, Jack.” Jack smiled up at him and pressed a kiss to his lips.

“But you love me anyway.” Alex shrugged his shoulders at that and watched as Jack pouted and a hurt look crossed his face.”

Alex rolled his eyes, “Of course I love you, who else would sit up with me while I puked all over for the past week and had the runs myself.”

Jack laughed at that but soon jumped off the bed and ran into their bathroom. Alex cringed when he heard Jack start puking and felt his own stomach turn over. He had a weak stomach as it was and he had only within the last day started to keep actual food down. He pushed that away though because Jack had taken care of him while he had been ill and hadn’t gotten upset when Alex had puked in their bed on the second night or when he’d sat up crying over how ill he felt until his crying had made him get sick on Jack.

“Hey, baby, it’s okay.” Alex sat down behind Jack and rubbed slow circles on his back.
Jack leaned back into Alex’s chest and gave him a weak smile. Alex slowly pulled them both to their feet, flushing for jack, and helping him over to the sink to rinse the bitter taste of vomit from his mouth.

“You good now?” Alex asked as Jack was leant against his side, Alex was having to support most of Jack’s weight; it was a good thing Jack was light. Jack nodded his head.

“Tired.” He snuggled his face into Alex’s neck. Alex smiled and carried them over to the bed, helping Jack out of his t-shirt that he had accidentally puked on and then lying next to him. Jack sighed and scooted over toward Alex, he could no longer sleep without his limbs being tangled in Alex’s. He mumbled incoherently into Alex’s chest as his eyes slipped closed.

“What, Jack?” Alex asked him, his own voice starting to sound sleepy.

“I love you, even though you’re an asshole for making me sick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for randomly posting like 3 one-shots but I promise to try and update Taken Away tomorrow (if you haven't read it you should)