Sequel: By Now

More Than Words

Tell me in the morning

The next morning, I woke up to the feeling of something heavy draped over my waist. The sun was streaming in brightly through the crack in the curtains, meaning it was much later than I thought. The store was closed today, so I wasn’t worried about that, but still.

I peeked my eyes open and looked down to my waist, seeing Nick’s arm there on top of the blankets. I guess he wasn’t lying when he said he was a cuddler.

I didn’t move, though. It was nice to wake up in someone’s arms for once, and I wasn’t going to pass up my chance to enjoy the feeling of a gorgeous guy with his arms wrapped around me. It’s not every day I get the chance.

I turned my head slightly so I could see the alarm clock and checked the time. I was shocked to see that it was almost noon. But still, that didn’t mean I was getting up any time soon. The sensation of Nick’s arms around me left me with a feeling of safety and warmth that I hadn’t felt in a long time. I could handle sleeping for another hour or so.

I felt Nick’s body shifting slightly and I quickly shut my eyes, hoping he didn’t realize that I was awake.

He got out of bed and I heard him pulling on a pair of jeans before leaving the room. I opened my eyes and moved to get out of bed, but stopped myself, realizing that he’d think it’s a little strange that I woke up so quickly after him.

I laid back down, eyes open and staring at the ceiling.

Nick confused me. I mean, on one hand, he was so sexy and gorgeous and he was such a tease. I think last night proved that if I didn’t already know. But then, on the other hand, he was this caring, sweet and intelligent guy. He seemed perfect, but I knew from experience that when something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

He seemed so real, though. Like he wasn’t afraid to be himself and didn’t have to hide behind anything. He was so spontaneous and full of life that whenever I was around him, I fed off his energy and the day didn’t seem so long.

But does he like me?

Last night was so much fun and I’m not ashamed to say that the way he was dancing with me definitely had me aroused. I don’t think I would’ve lasted much longer before taking him to a dark corner and throwing myself at him. But that doesn’t mean I like him, nor does it mean he likes me. It just shows there’s a sexual attraction between us.

Oh, who am I kidding? I like him a lot. He was incredibly attractive, and he had me dancing around the shop the other day. It’s no secret that he makes me much happier than I was before.

Still, though. He’s so amazing. Why would he want me? Me, the plain boy from a small town with a troubled past and no real family to speak of with really nothing that anyone would want.

Why would he want me when he could have anyone?

I was startled out of my thoughts by the sound of someone cooking coming from the kitchen.
I decided it was safe to come out of my room now without it being awkward. I got out of bed and slipped on a pair of sweatpants, walking slowly towards the kitchen to see what Nick was up to.

Nick was bouncing around the kitchen to the music coming from the radio on my windowsill, seemingly assembling a tray of breakfast food. Was he trying to make me breakfast in bed?

“Morning.” I said, faking a yawn.

“No, go back to bed!” Nick said, running over to me and covering my eyes. “You can’t eat your breakfast in bed in the kitchen.”

“But I’m already up.” I protested, but didn’t resist him when he turned me around and started walking me back to the bedroom. But maybe that had something to do with how good his chest felt when it was pressed to my back as we walked, his hands still covering my eyes.

“I don’t care. I want to thank you for letting me stay, and you're going to like it. I’ve cooked you breakfast in bed and you’re going to eat it as it was intended; in bed.”

“Trying to get me into bed already?” I teased.

“Darling, I think I already did that last night when we slept together.” he said, laughing and making a smile come onto my face, my cheeks turning bright red.

Everything he said was true, but it sounded so suggestive. He was probably just making fun of me, too. It’s not as if he’d be flirting with me that obviously.

“Hey, you make me sound like some kind of slut.” I said, pouting.

We got into the bedroom and Nick took his hands away from my eyes, leading me towards the bed.

“Well, you are letting a guy you’ve known for less than a week put you to bed. And you’ve already slept with him once.”

“You make it sound so dirty.” I said. “All we did was sleep.”

“And cuddle.” Nick said, laughing at my red cheeks. “I told you I was a cuddler.”

“So I can see.” I said. “It’s okay, though. I didn’t mind. I like being cuddled.”

“See, you are a slut. A cuddle slut.”

“Oh, go cook me my breakfast.” I said, smiling so he knew I was joking.

He huffed and pretended to be offended. “Maybe I’ll just eat it all myself.”

“Nick, if you eat my breakfast, you’re fired.”

“God, Ellory, why are you such a tight ass?” he said, laughing and leaning down to ruffle my hair. “I’ll be back in a bit with your breakfast.”

He turned to leave the room and I couldn’t help but watch him leave.

He has a nice ass, and the jeans he had been wearing left little to the imagination.

I don’t know about you, but I find muscular backs incredibly sexy. And god, was he sexy. Seriously. If you’ve never had the pleasure of watching an incredibly attractive man walk away, you are missing out.

I lay down on my bed once again, deciding to occupy myself by picking up the book on my nightstand and reading until Nick returned.
♠ ♠ ♠
And Nicole said I wouldn't do it...

I'm far from running out of chapters, Nicole. Far from it. I dare you.

So thanks to Nicole for commenting, hahaha.

<3 Casey