Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

"Theaaaaaaa!" I whined as I took another short glance at myself in the mirror. "I don't think this is a good idea."
I heard her sigh behind the door that separated the bathroom I was currently in and her room, but I knew it wasn't a sigh of annoyance, and I was glad.
"Nico..This can't be about your looks, I don't see how it can be. You're gorgeous! Now, please, just come out."

"I can't believe this was my idea all together." I run a hand trough my waist long hair.
"Nico, please open the door. Pleeeeeeeeease." She begs and I give in. I walk to the door and open it.
She slowly gets in and looks at me. "You okay?" I shake my head.

"Nic-yes I will call you Nic-" I giggle slightly. "Just look at yourself." She puts her small arms on my shoulders and turns me around to face the mirror. I look at my appearance. I was now wearing one of Thea's swim suits.

We came to her house, it was closer than mine, because I came to an idea that we should go to a beach, I mean, I am here for over a week now and I have yet to feel the ocean water on me.

But, as soon as I pulled the swim suit on, I got the feeling I always get when I go swimming. I'm really self-conscious, and there weren't really people who made me comfortable in my own skin when I was around them.

"Nic, I promise you that you look amazing. And I wouldn't lie to you. Pinky promise." She held her right hand up with her pinky pinching my nose playfully. Her smile made me feel that I can trust her so I raised my right pinky, too, and linked it with hers.

She beamed immediately and excitement reached her eyes as they glow mischievously. "Come on, the guys are probably already there." She yanked me in her room. God knows how she does that, her petite form would make you think she can't lift a book.

She threw me my denim shorts and my tee and got dressed herself. We quickly put on our flip flops and jogged to the beach.

The guys were already there, of course, spread around in an irregular circle, acting as if the own the place. I sighed and shook my head and I Thea only chuckled. "We're here!" She yelled and I waved.

"Great, now we can finally get in the water!" Matt exclaimed dramatically.
"You didn't need to wait for us." I note.
"No, but Francis made us. He threatened to slice our bmx tiers and break all of our boards, and, from experience, we learned to trust his treats." Me and Thea just looked and each other and the moment our eyes met, we busted out laughing uncontrollably.

The guys just glared at us. I can't believe they're scared of Francis. The lanky, clumsy, hyper kid of the group. Thea's laugh came to a halt and I glanced to see where she was, while still laughing. I notice her placed on Travis' shoulder, him holding her tightly and her screaming to put her down as he walked to the water. His plan was pretty obvious.

Just as I thought how lucky I was that I wasn't the one that is going to be thrown in the water while still in my clothes, a par of hands slid around my waist and threw on a shoulder. I screamed in surprise and stopped when I realized how much of a sissy I must have sounded like.

I craned my neck to look at my terrorizer and I couldn't believe who it was. "Kyler! Kyler please put me down." I begged in a child voice.

"Oh, I will." He said and grinned evilly. As my brain registered his words I begin to struggle but stopped when I realized I can't do nothing against his strong arms. I quickly sneaked my arms around his waist and started clutching tightly.

"If I'm going in, so are you." I black mail smartly, a sneaky smile forming on my face.
"Fine with me, it wouldn't be the first time I got in the ocean in my clothes but it will be the last time you make fun of us." He retorted slyly.

I felt my hear getting wet slowly and I took a deep breath knowing what is about to happen.
Kyler threw himself along with poor little me in the deeper part of the water. The cool water relaxed my muscles and it was nice finally doing something about the intolerable Sydney heat. When we dived in Kyler let go of me. I was never that much of a diver, so it was pretty normal for me to choke on the water.

I emerged from the water and glared at him. "We're not friends any more!" I shouted playfully. Honestly, I was a little mad, it's not nice to just throw people in the water like that but my anger quickly flattered when he shot me an apologetic look and a childish pout, his lower lip sticking out.

"Me sorry." He looked down, going along with my game. I laughed at his expression.
"Kyler." I called and he raised his head. Perfect. I swung my hand backwards and splashed him in the face with water with all my power. "Now we're even." I say and make my way back to the shore where the guys and Thea were sitting.

"You 'kay?" Thea asks as I reach them, an slightly worried expression on her usually smiling face. "Fine, I got my revenge." I smile maliciously and she giggles.

"You all up for a swim, without anyone throwing anyone in the water?" Derek asked, looking a bit annoyed by our behavior.
"Yes, but only if certain people start acting civil." Thea said, looking at Travis-her own terrorizer- while saying this. He just rolled his eyes and got up.

Kyler joined us by now and followed Travis in a sprint to the water. Boys and their competitions.As they were racing I couldn't help but notice Kyler's muscles. I kept my eyes on him until Thea's voice jerked my from my slight stare.

"Nic, are you going?" She asked, a tint of concern in her voice. She was already in her swim suit and she looked great. Exact opposite of what I look like in a swim suit. I nodded my head and got up reluctantly.

"You go on, I need to peel these clothes off me." I assured her. She didn't look too convinced but went into the water anyways.

I first got my towel out of the little bag Thea borrowed me and spread it on the warm sand as slowly as possible. I straightened it as much as it could, if I saw a wrinkle I would fix it. I was clearly avoiding stripping to my swim suit.

When I got to the point that the towel couldn't be more straight, I sighed. "You okay." I looked up, startled, and met Kyler's eyes. I averted my gaze to the floor and nodded. "Liar." He accused and sat down on my towel. "Hey, I just straightened that!"

"Nico-" He lifted my head. "What's wrong. Thea didn't look to happy when she got to the water when she left your side, either." I sighed once more.

"It's just...I don't really like being in my swim suit." His face looked confused but his eyes held an emotion I couldn't decipher.

"Why? You're not over or under weight, you look just fine. More then fine actually, you're gorgeous." I smiled at the compliment and felt a blush creep on my face. I thanked him quietly and looked at him, noticing his cheeks were tinted red, too. "Come on, get up. You're going in the water again. How are going in it is purely your choice." He grinned slyly.

I didn't like the idea of being thrown in the water again, so I started stripping to my swimming suit slowly. When I tossed my clothes on my towel, Kyler sneaked his hand around my waist in a comforting manner and led me to the water.

My discomfort dispersed suddenly. I didn't try to cover myself with my hands or avoid someones eyes. I felt comfortable and happy. The feeling was well missed and I wasn't going to let it go.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? (: