Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

My stupid freaking alarm just kept getting louder, shooing my beautiful, peaceful dreams away. I groaned in frustration. "SHUT UP!" I yelled grabbing the pillow next to me that wasn't occupied by my big head and threw it at the direction of my alarm clock.

The sound didn't stop, signaling I missed. I let out a frustrated sigh and buried my face deeper in the pillow. "Nikolina Lana Loren!" My mum shouted from downstairs, kitchen presuming.

I whimpered pathetically. "Fine." I huffed to myself. I kept mumbling incoherently.
I literally rolled out of bed and landed on the floor with a muffed thud. I slowly got on my own two feet and slammed my hand on the alarm clock. "Damn alarm."

I hopped in my bathroom and showered quickly. I got dressed and grabbed my phone from my room and my keys from the table and ran downstairs.

"'Jutro. (Morning)" My mum greeted with a luminous smile.
"Jutro mama.(Morning mum)" I kissed her cheek. I didn't eat anything for breakfast just drank my usual and favorite chocolate milk. I swear it's my personal drug.

I washed my cup and put it next to the sink to dry. "Mama, ja idem na posao, vidimo se večeras. (Mum, I'm going to work, I'll see you tonight )" I kissed her cheek once more and ran out the door.

Twenty minutes later I arrived at the park. The guys were already skating and doing tricks. I close the fence door behind me and yell a hello to everyone.

They all greet me warm heartedly but, of course, Francis needs to be the loudest. "NICOOO!" He skates over to where I was standing and gives me a bone crushing hug. "Francis. Can't. Breathe." I choke out.

"Nonsense. If you can't breathe, you can't talk and you just talked so shut up and hug me!" He notes. I whimper, hopeless. I try to kick him and slip out of his grasp but I fail. With every kick I let out a weird sound and that makes him chuckle.

"Frank, let her go." I hear Kyler warn with a suppressed chuckle.
Francis sighs but lets me go. I turn to Kyler. "I would thank you if you weren't about to laugh your ass of." With that, he starts laughing; presumably at the little sounds I was making while trying to pry Francis from me.

I pouted like a child. "You're so mean." I said in my childish voice and stomped my foot on the concrete surface.
His laugh started to die down and he looked at my face. He noticed my pout, which is very powerful, and his expression turned.

"How do you make that face?! That should be forbidden! It could make people do horrific things!" He says with not even a hint of humour in his voice. I try to keep the pout on my face but his tone makes it impossible. The corners of my lips twitch in a smile.

"You are whipped! And by me!" I point my index finger at him. "I control you!" He grimaces and swats my finger from his face. "At least you can't make me scream like a little girl while you throw me in the water, which you also can't do." He puts his hands on his hips, looking triumphant.

My smile disappears. "No fair!" He chuckles and swings his hand around my shoulders. He leans to my ear and whispers. "But the guys don't need to know my trump." I grin and turn to look at him. "They don'." I whisper and shake my head furiously. We both let out an evil chuckle.

"So...where's my work place? My infirmary?" He points to the sublimed part of the park. "There. And all the kits and stuff you need are there."

I thank him and walk over there. I need to descend down in the middle of the concrete bowl and then climb up to get to the little office. I pass Devon right as I was about to get to the edge of the flat part above the bowl.

He shoots me an amused smirk. "You sure you want to go that way?" He says teasingly.
I glare at him. "Yes, unlike some people I can use my own two feet to get over obstacles without falling." I say referring to the day the guys and Thea were giving me a tour around town and Devin went to jump over a little fence and he stumbled and fell flat on his face.

His smirk falls and I stuck my tongue out at him, not being able to overcome the big child in me. I get down slowly and then get a little running start and climb up the bowl and on the sublimed part that held the little office on it.

You could see the whole park from there. I look around and see the guys all doing something but none actually something dangerous that could hurt them. They're probably warming up. I sigh. This is going to be long and boring. I find little comfort in the fact that Thea is working at this moment, too. But the guys could entertain me at least; she'll be terrorized by some costumers probably. Poor girl.

"Hey Nico." Trey's voice snaps me from my little train of thoughts.
"Hey Trey." I greet. "What are you up to?"
"Nothing much, actually. I was here earlier then everyone else 'cause my stupid alarm clock went off at 8am and woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep after that, so I'm already warmed up. We aren't doing any new tricks or anything special until the Boss gets here." I chuckle a bit when he called Rick, the owner, the Boss; the guys call him that to annoy him.

"So you don't really have anything to do?" He shakes his head.
"Not really. And I'm not really up to doing anything today. Too tired. I lost my well deserved and needed sleep." He frowns and I giggle.

"Why don't you do me a favor then and go out to see how Thea's doing at Galileo's? She working a double shift today and she's probably shifting from working hard to being bored to death. So go check on her and make her company puh-lease?" I pout.

"Sure." Well, that didn't seem hesitant at all. I suppress my chuckle. "And that pout is powerful." He points his finger accusingly and drives off on his board.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


I exhale deeply. It's too hot and the guys aren't keeping me busy so I'm pretty bored.

"You bored?" Kyler asks as he sits next to me.
"Yeah. You guys don't really get injured that much, do you?" I ask sarcastically.

"Oh, we do. But when we do some real tricks. We aren't really doing much today. It's too freaking hot." I nod furiously, completely understanding how it feels being overpowered by the sun. "We do tricks when the Boss is here. But he called saying he won't come today, he has something to take care of so we're pretty much slacking our asses off." I laugh.

"So I won't be bored like this all the time?" I ask hopefully and he chuckles.
"No, no you won't. As a matter of fact, none of your days here will be boring and so, in that spirit I am making you go with me to get some Slurpee's." He says with a grin.

"You like Slurpee's?" I ask incredibly.
"Don't seem surprised!" He warns playfully. "It's my guilty pleasure." He admits sheepishly.
"Okay then, let's get Slurpee's!" I get up instantly and he follows suit.

"You will need to lead the way 'cause I still can't get my way around this big ass town." He chuckles and nods.