Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

I had a really great time yesterday with Thea and the guys. And it felt right, like I belong. I never really felt like that hence the big smile on my face right now. My parents were glad when I told them I got a job and found myself a thing to do over the summer and didn't question me getting up this morning, earlier then ever on a summer day, I guess and got ready to go out.

I showered, got dressed and hurried out of the house and to the skateboarding park.

The guys were already there, sitting on the gray concrete in a semicircle, apparently waiting for me.
"Um..Hi guys." I wave awkwardly seeming that all of their gazes were on me.
They all say their 'hello's and get up.

"So why are you all just sitting there?" I quirk an eyebrow.
"'Cause we didn't want to stand." Adriel shoots a smart ass remark and I just roll my eyes.
"I meant, why aren't you all practicing or something?" I shrug, not really knowing how to call what they are supposed to be doing.
"We were waiting for you." Huh, I assumed right.

"We don't need to really practice all day." Kyler spoke. "So Adriel got an idea to pay a visit to Thea." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and crossed my arms over my stomach.
"You can't just 'pay a visit'." I looked at Adriel.
"Why not?" His expression didn't change a bit and he didn't seem like he is going to give up this idea.
"Well, first off, you don't just show up at someones house uninvited, especially someone you don't really know. Second, she seems really nice and she doesn't deserve her house to be demolished by twelve guys!"

Like I guessed, his slightly tanned face did not move an inch. My words had no effect what so ever. "Nico, we're going." He puts his arm on my shoulder and nods at me like I'm a little child who's throwing a hissy fit and needs to calm down. I just glare at him as he makes his way out of the park, Travis following his steps along with a few other guys.

"He's a tough one to handle, you'll learn how to with time." Kyler's deep Australian voice jerks me from my gaze and I look at him.
"I hope so, for his sake I mean." Kyler laughs which makes me smile a bit, too.
"Come on, we can't stop him but we can sustain him." I chuckle and nod.

...


Twenty minutes later we stop in front of an slightly old, rustic looking house with fading facade and old, white framed windows.
We walk to the front door, Adriel and Travis in lead - of course. Adriel starts to knock, or better said pound on the door. "Thea, my knuckles are starting to hurt! Open the door!"

I groan at his lack of mannerliness and extend my hand and hit him upside the head. He just chuckles. Thea's head peeks through the door looking surprised.

"...Adriel?" She opens the door a bit more and her eyes widen just a bit when she sees the rest of us. Poor girl. I shake my head at how stupid this idea was. "What are you doing here?"

Adriel just mutters 'Yep.' and passes her and enters her house. Idiot.
The rest of the guys follow him in and I remain last. I aversely and slowly get in behind them but turn to Thea firs and mutter a 'Sorry.' to her and she just smiles at me.

"Ooh, you have chips here." Adriel calls from the kitchen, I guess and I just want to dig a hole under me and bury myself inside out of shame. He comes in the living room holding a big bowl full of chips and sits on the floor next to the guys. They already made themselves comfortable. I shyly sit on the love seat next to Kyler, my hands on my lap.

A sound of footsteps on the staircase is heard and I turn to it. A girl with white-blond, long hair, tanned skin and facial features a lot like Thea's hops down the stairs and stops in spot when she notices all the people in her house. Desperately trying to make this situation look better I get up from my seat, walk to her and extend my hand.

"I'm Nico." I put on my sly smile. She looks at me oddly, like she can't believe I'm real but composes herself quickly and shakes my hand. "Arcadia." I nod. "You must be Thea's sister." At that Thea appears next to her. "Yes. And you must be Thea's.." She trails off, not knowing what to say.
"Friend." I fill in. "We all are." I smile once more and look at Thea who seems to be happy I called her that.

"Guys!" I call them and they turn. I suppress my urge to tell them how impolite they are. "This is Arcadia, Thea's sister." They all wave and greet her she waves back, still looking like she isn't sure of this situation. "I'm going upstairs." She points over her shoulder with her thumb. "Nice to meet you Nico and the rest of you, too." They all nod and she just turns around and walks upstairs.

I look at the guys who returned their gaze on the TV and started chatting loudly and then at Thea. She notices my confusion about her sister's reaction and she points to the kitchen. "It's quieter there." I nod and follow her.