Get up Whenever You Fall

Nikolina

"You want anything to drink?" Thea asks politely.
"No, thanks." She nods and gets herself a Coke from the fridge. She hops on the counter and I mimic her actions.

"So you live only with your sister or?" I start the conversation.
"Yea, my mum works in another city and it would be hard if she went back and fourth everyday so she moved there. My sister is of age so I decided to stay here with her rather than move, I have lived here all my life and moving would be just too...wrong." I nod in understanding. "You?"

"I live with my parents, I just moved here. I lived in Croatia until my dad got a job promotion and that's how we ended up here. I have a brother but he already started college there two years ago so he didn't want to move."I share.

"How did you meet the guys?" She gestures to the living room.
"Well..I'm a bit of a hyper kid and I can't stay alone at one place for too long." I confess and she giggles. "So I was at my new house, my parents were working and I got bored. I decided to go for a walk and, of course, I got lost." She laughs and I do too. "I somehow got to their skateboarding park, met the owner, totally enchanted him." I make a gesture with my hands to emphasis my statement and she laughs harder.

"He got me a job as their park nurse." She makes an 'ooh' face. "And made them show me around town so I don't get lost again. Didn't work though, I got lost on my way back home." I shake my head at my own stupidity. "And that's basically it. I've met you the same day as I met them." She nods. "How did you meet them. You seem to known them already that day."

"I did." She says, not sounding to enthusiastic. "They somehow stumbled upon Galileo's one day and came in to eat. Let's just say they made quite an impression." I chuckle.
"What about your sister?" I ask carefully, not knowing if it's a touchy subject.
"Arcadia? Well she's definitely the smart and the pretty one of the family." I cut her of right away. I never liked people selling themselves short.
"That's not true. I find you much prettier than your sister." She blushes a bit and shakes her head, clearly not believing my words.

She continues her story, cutting the argue in the root and I let it go. "Well, she's really smart, a genius actually. School was always prior to her. Never skipped a day, always writes her assignments on time, always a honor student. My mum always saw that, it was hard not to. Sending her to a good school was a must, but it is also expensive. I knew my sister lived for a good education and that she will make her best put of it, I decided to drop out of high school and work to help pay for it." She lowered her head a bit.

"Her pay off to me was just working hard, she never could bring herself to just simply thank me. But I get her, I'm just glad she's working hard and that it's paying off." I nod in amazement.
"Wow, that's really admirable. To do that for your sister it just..well, sisterly of you. True sisterly love." She smiles at this and nods.