In the Eyes of Strangers

Introduction

“Passengers, please fasten your seatbelts and turn off all electronics,” I heard the captain say. “We shall be landing at Los Angeles International Airport within the hour.” I rolled my chocolate coloured eyes and went back to reading my book; I hadn’t unbuckled my seatbelt since we left London hours before. I vaguely heard him saying the usual rubbish, like the current time and temperature in LA, and continued to block him out. I did notice the flight attendants going down the aisle, telling my fellow passengers to put up their trays.

After what felt like an eternity, I felt the plane touch down and closed my book, leaning back in my seat. Another eternity passed before we were allowed to stand up and grab our carry-ons from the overhead bins before walking off the plane; I just had a large tote bag that had my camera in it and slipped my hardcover into it before slinging it over my shoulder and standing up. Since I was in first class, I was among the first to step off and slipped my sunglasses on before heading for the baggage claim to grab the rest of my luggage.

I headed down to the car rental area. “Bloody hell,” I muttered once I got in my rental and pulled out of the parking structure. I pulled out my phone and searched through my contacts. “Jeff,” I said when he answered. “I am so sorry, but I’m running behind.”

“Plane just land?” Jeff Peters, one of their managers, laughed.

“No, I just got my car so I am just now leaving the airport.” I replied.

“That’s alright, I understand. Just drive safe, alright?”

“Yes sir and I apologize once again.”

He told me not to worry about it then goodbye before line disconnected. I switch off my headset and begin my battle with traffic. I so did not miss this. I found myself thinking as I fought my way onto the freeway. The silence was beginning to irritate me, so I reach over and turn on the radio only to met by the sound of Kanye West’s voice, which causes me to cringe. I quickly changed it and by pure happenstance and landed on KROQ. I felt my lips curve into a smile as I’m met by his voice and I turned up the volume.

Eventually, I pulled into the parking lot of the warehouse where the shoot was taking place and pulled in beside a Cadillac Escalade. I thought nothing of it and killed my engine before pulling out my key and grabbing my tote bag. I jump down from the SUV I rented and strode toward the warehouse. “Where the fuck is this photographer?” I heard him demand.

“Calm down George,” a female voice answered. “Jeff said she called him from the airport and said it took her awhile to get a car.” I couldn’t help but smile when I realized that the voice belonged to my old college roommate, Charlotte. “She’ll be here soon.”

“She’s supposed to be a professional,” he sneered. I decided to bite my tongue and continue walking; Jordon was the first to see me.

“She’s right behind you bro.” he laughed.

I just stood and watched as my ex-boyfriend slowly turned around. “I apologize for being late.” I said. “Traffic was a bloody mess.” the gorgeous blue eyes that I fell in love with just glared at me from behind his baby blue mask and he quickly turned around. “Shall we get started?” the other five nodded and I felt myself smile again. I pulled my camera from my tote and turned it on while they got situated on the settee. Someone turned on their latest album and I began to rapidly take pictures of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
we decided to rewrite this so enjoy bitches.