In the Eyes of Strangers

Brown Eyed Girl

Bloody little stick. I thought bitterly. Who are you to decide my fate? A sigh escaped my lips and I brushed some of my wavy hair out of my face then pulled out my phone as it started to go off. I silenced the alarm and took a deep shaking breath before looking at the stick that was lying on the edge of the sink. I felt my heart leap and I quickly jumped up, snatching up the stick. I yanked open the door and started to run down the bus toward the front lounge, where I knew Johnny was. I caught something in the corner of my eye and froze.

“JOHNNY!” I shrieked.

He instantly stopped talking to everyone else and I heard him stand up. “What’s wrong baby?” he asked, his eyes full of worry. I pointed at the window and he looked over before starting to laugh. He came toward me and wrapped his arms around me. “It’s just a gecko,”

“Don’t bloody laugh at me!” I shrieked. “Get rid of it!” he chuckled again and I swatted his chest with the back of my hand. “Get rid of it!” I whimpered. He stopped laughing and leaned down, kissing me lightly on the forehead before moving to the window. The bloody gecko fell off the window and I instantly jumped away from it; Johnny shook his head, his lips curved into a smile, then leaned down to pick up the thing. “Get rid of it!” he walked back toward the loo and I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the toilet flush.

He returned a few minutes later and wrapped his arms around me again, nuzzling his face in my hair. “The evil gecko’s gone baby,” he said with laughter in his voice. I pushed him away, crossing my arms over my chest. “What’s that?” I looked down then back up at him, smiling. “Is that,” I nodded. “Is it,” again, I nodded; his eyes instantly lit up and he gently placed one of his hands against my still flat stomach, caressing it with his thumb. “I love you…so much Shane,” he told me, his voice thick with emotion.

I felt tears spring to my eyes and I let the test fall from my hands before curling my arms around his neck. “I love you too Johnny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
short, fluffy, gag-inducing, filler...sorry.