Scream

o4

“I’m going for a walk,” Lyndsey announced, then stood up and walked speedily from the canteen. Zacky stood up; sensing she was worried about something and as he went to follow her, Brian stood up too.

“I’ll go,” he said, and waited for Zacky’s approval. Zacky nodded and Brian smiled in thanks, before setting off in pursuit of Lyndsey.

Zacky sat down heavily, wondering if he had made the right decision and jumped as Matt put his hand on his shoulder reassuringly. “He knows what to do,” Matt said soothingly.

x-x-x

Brian walked quickly, watching Lyndsey push through the willow branches. He had caught up with her in a matter of seconds but had stayed slightly behind and was following silently in her footsteps. After a while, she entered a clearing where she threw herself to the ground and pulled out a smoke.

Movement in the bushes and trees behind her caught Brian’s eyes and he looked closely, stifling a growl of annoyance as he saw Gareth and Adam. “They obviously didn’t learn their lesson last time,” he muttered under his breath.

He continued to watch as they crept forward into the open and snuck to behind Lyndsey. She was lost in thought, still smoking and completely oblivious to the approaching danger. Gareth suddenly put his hand over hand mouth and Adam knocked her hand, sending her cigarette to the ground.

Her eyes widened as she felt them lift her slightly and dragged her backwards into the cover of the willow trees. She struggled violently, but despite her efforts, she couldn’t break their firm grasp. Brian could see the panic building in her eyes.

He pushed through the branches slowly, after creeping across the place where Lyndsey had been sitting before. Deciding what to do, he cleared his throat and smirked as, when Gareth and Adam looked up and saw him, their expressions turned to those of fear. He raised his eyebrows and clenched his fists. Seeing this, Adam did the same thing. Brian rolled his eyes, and swung his fist forward.

x-x-x

Zacky glanced at the door again, making Matt groan and roll his eyes.

“Go and find her if you’re that worried,” Johnny said, then turned his attention back to gazing out the windows. However, Zacky had seen the doors open in the corner of his eyes, and had gasped in shock. Lyndsey was holding her hand over her mouth; Brian was doing similar for his nose.

As they got closer, he noticed small tracks of crimson running down their arms, seemingly coming from the areas they were shielding. Zacky pushed back his chair and ran to her said, but she brushed him off, making a ‘shh’ motion with her clean hand and sitting down where she had been sitting originally. Torie passed her and Brian napkins to clean up with.

Zacky moved his attention to Brian and as he started to question him, Lyndsey spoke up, “Leave him alone.” Zacky went to protest and Lyndsey glared at him.

“Dude, I’m not fucking around. Back the fuck off, he probably just saved my ass from getting raped by Adam and Gareth. I owe him, so leave it, kay?” She said angrily.

Zacky looked at her in complete shock, then ran to her side and hugged her tightly. She smiled, resting her chin on his shoulder with a small smile. She knew he was trying to make her feel better, but she also knew he was trying to make himself feel slightly better.

After he moved away and the table had sat in silence for a few minutes, Lyndsey stood up and beckoned for Brian to follow her. “I’m gonna take him to confession, it’s his first time,” she told the table, and then with a wink she turned and linked arms with Brian who had been waiting for her.

Jimmy giggled and he stood up and pushed his chair in. “I go forth to confess my sins that condemn me to burn in hell,” he announced, his facial expression and tone making it seem as if he was talking about a visit to a fair. Everyone at the table shook their heads and laughed, Matt noticed Torie signalling to Becca out of the corner of his eye.

“Need someone to accompany you?” Becca asked shyly and Jimmy held out a hand to her. She took it and he pulled her up out of the seat then slid his arm round her waist, smiled at her then waved to the table and set off. Kim watched them in amusement, the surprised everybody by laughing out loud suddenly. They gave her confused looks and she shrugged and said, “They’ll end up doing things they’ll need to confess.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
They make me happy.
= D