Scream

o8

“My head is killing me,” Becca groaned and Torie nodded. Tamzen kept her head on the desk, most likely fast asleep and Kim shrugged.

Lyndsey burst into the room and sat down, a wide grin plastered across her face.

“Jeez, you’re a little too chirpy,” Kim commented and Lyndsey snickered. As she opened her mouth to explain her good mood, Sister Timothy burst into the room sending the door crashing into the wall with a bang that made everybody in the room jump or wince.

“My apologies for the delay in my arrival,” she told the girls and after setting her various books and bags down on the desk, she started the lesson straight away.

“Today, we are studying the sacred act of procreation.”

Lyndsey giggled, earning a glare from Sister Timothy.

“Something funny, Miss Williams?” she asked and Lyndsey managed to stop giggling and reply.

“I just think it’s ironic that I share the same view as you,” she said and continued when Sister Timothy looked confused, “It sure is sacred…” Her voice dropped a decibel and she leaned in as if telling a juicy secret, “I mean, I swear, there was the one guy and he actually made me talk to the Lord.”

“I always thought you were a non believer?” Sister questioned.

Lyndsey smirked, “Oh… yeah. Well, he just got the angle so right; that I screamed out for God’s help!”

Sister Timothy looked shocked momentarily, then seemed to pull herself together. She didn’t say anything in return and Lyndsey smiled in victory. Terrorising the Nuns was her favourite sport.

“You’re obviously too chirpy to be hungover,” Becca whispered. Lyndsey smiled and shrugged, making Kim roll her eyes.

“Spit it out!” she demanded and Lyndsey shook her head.

“Girls! I would appreciate some quiet!” Sister Timothy snapped. One of the blonde, cheerleader type girls at the back of the room laughed suddenly.

“Yeah, you would think that you’d have learnt respect from that Priest relative of yours,” she commented and Kim noticed Lyndsey clenching her fists. Lyndsey was known to have a fiery temper, it was common knowledge, hence why nobody picked fights with her.

Sister Timothy went to reply and the girl, who the girls neither knew the name of, nor cared to find out, spoke again, “Don’t defend her because she’s your friends relative.”

Lyndsey shot out of her seat, so forcefully that it tipped over backwards and crashed to the floor. Becca grimaced; this was not going to be pretty. Lyndsey had lived within the bounds of religion all her life. When she was several months old, her parents had abandoned her wrapped only in a blanket for warmth, on the front step of the Cathedral that the school was founded by. She was well known by all the teachers, but not positively.

From a young age, she had shown that she loved anything dark, mysterious or ominous. Her favourite activities included climbing into the bell tower, when she was 5, exploring the cemetery, when she was 12, and watching horror movies, when she hit 15. The teachers, who were religiously driven, found it hard to understand her hate of the religion she had been brought up under. They didn’t understand that she resented it as the thing that left her alone and isolated, parentless and set apart from other children.

As she advanced towards her insulter, Sister Timothy wondered whether she should intervene. It would most likely be pointless; Lyndsey didn’t listen to figures of authority very often. She often regretted choosing the lifestyle that Lyndsey had to follow as a child. Unknown to Lyndsey, she had been the one who had found the small bundle at the door. Her fondest memory from the past lay on that very same night; a small hand gripping her finger and a soft cooing coming from within the folds of the vast blanket that held her.

“What did you say?” Lyndsey snarled, pulling the Sister from her nostalgic moment.

The girl at the back cocked her head arrogantly.

“I asked you-” Lyndsey began, but she was cut off by the blonde.

“I said, “You would think that you’d have learnt respect from that Priest relative of yours.” Did you not hear me?” the girl asked confidently. Tamzen dropped her head into her hands; things were going from bad to worse.

“I am not related to any fucking priest,” Lyndsey growled and a look of terror passed across the blonde’s face.

“What’s with the surname then?” she asked timidly.

Lyndsey levelled with her desk and prowled around it to behind the girl. “Have you ever heard of a coincidence? Or is that too big a word to fit in your tiny air filled head?” she asked and the girl gulped.

“I’m sorry,” she said quickly.

Lyndsey contemplated it for a second and looked as if she was satisfied, until one of the other girls piped up, “I guess the priest forgot to teach you manners too!”

Lyndsey looked surprisingly calm, then suddenly, grabbed the first girl’s hair and slammed her face to the desk in front of her. She yanked it back again, displaying blood spurting from the girl’s nose. She grabbed the other one’s wrist and twisted it viciously. A sickening crack echoed through the room and Lyndsey smirked at the two casualties before storming from the room.

Kim exchanged a look with Becca, who smiled slightly. Torie gawped at the two girls at the back, who were making odd whimpering noises and crying. Tamzen sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes, “What did I miss?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this one.
Because Lyndsey is my favourite character and one of the original ones, and you got a look into her history!
Just so that everyone knows, Tamzen and Torie are both original too.
Becca and Kim are two of my girls, and because they're so awesome I put them in here!
They go by themightyboosh and RevGasm.

That was a slight introduction to the violent side of this story!
I hope everybody liked it!