Scream

o9

The door slammed violently and Lyndsey slumped against the wall to its right. She rubbed her temples, wondering if there would be consequences for her actions. After a split second, she decided there wouldn’t be. The teachers were scared of her.

“Lyndsey?”

She looked up from her slumped position and saw Brian leaning against a wall, a little further down the corridor. She waved and he glanced around quickly, then made his way over to her.

“You get sent out?” he asked.

She shook her head, “I stormed out.”

“Oh, I see…” Brian said, then glanced around again.

“Want to ditch classes? I can’t be fucked going back in and getting a fucking earful for cursing or some shit,” Brian suggested and Lyndsey nodded eagerly.

“Although, I an see why the teacher sent you out…” she joked. Brian smiled bashfully.

“Bad habit,” he muttered.

“Fucking right, now, where shall we go?”

x-x-x

The lunchtime bell rang, the shrill tone making its way to where Brian and Lyndsey were lying. The long grass which surrounded them, concealed then from prying eyes or vengeful glares. They had crawled through the grass, which was in a garden beside the school. The garden belonged to a old, derelict cottage on the boundaries of the cathedral grounds.

They crawled back quietly, brushing their knees of dirt and heading straight to the dining hall. As they neared the table, Becca and Kim stood up and ran at Lyndsey, grabbing her and hugging her titghly.

“WE LOVE YOU!” Torie screeched from the table. Lyndsey chuckled at Brian’s confused expression.

“What was the damage?” she asked, taking her seat.

“A broken arm and a busted nose,” Becca told her.

Kim sat down beside Lyndsey and put on a high pitched voice, “And OH MY GOD! You totally ruined a Gucci shirt!” She giggled, then hugged her happily.

Brian looked at Lyndsey, “Is that what made you leave?” She nodded, smiling softly.

Lyndsey turned to Johnny, “Think I’ll get suspended? Allowance confiscated? Solitary confinement?”

He shhok his head, “They won’t try to punish the demon child!”

Becca noticed that Brian was watching Lyndsey. She let her gaze flicker over him, noting that he looked relaxed in his chair. The uniform didn’t suit him, it seemed to make him uncomfortable. The shirt was tight across the defined muscles in his arms and upper chest and he pulled at his collar every so often like it was bothering him.

Jimmy slid his arm around her shoulder, “Think he’s warming up to us?”

Becca marvelled at how Jimmy knew what she was thinking. She smiled widely, happy she’s finally found a guy that didn’t turn green with jealousy or get suspicious when she so much as looked at another guy. The way he knew she was plainly observing him with curiosity made her like him more than before.

She nodded, “I think he has already.”

Jimmy leant forwards and she kissed him on the mouth, lingering long enough for Matt to clear his throat pointedly. “Save it for later, guys!” he laughed and Becca pulled away, resting her head on his shoulder.

Zacky arrived to the table, carrying a tray carrying a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a pasta type lunch. Matt snorted, “Two lunches, Baker?”

Zacky shook his head, “They’re not both for me.” He set the tray down, then passed the soup to Lyndsey. “I know how much you love chicken noodle, that was nearly the last of it,” he said softly and Lyndsey beamed at him.

“Thanks, Zacky,” she told him.

Brian frowned as Johnny silently passed her the chilli powder that was on the table. Lyndsey opened it and took a generous scoop, dumping it into the bowl and mixing it in. Becca took the spoon and took a mouthful, smiling after she swallowed it.

“Fuck, that’s good,” she purred.

Lyndsey smiled and started to eat the soup. Brian watched I amazement, “Ouch,” he breathed and Johnny started laughing.

“She takes everything extra spicy. Lyndsey likes things hot…” He explained.

Brian looked to Lyndsey, who had started sniggering. “Way to make it sound suggestive!” she said to Johnny. He shrugged and turned to look out of the window.

“And Bam, he’s out,” Becca commented.

Tamzen scowled, but didn’t say anything. She and Johnny both zoned out after each input, it was just something they did. The guys tended to pick on Johnny playfully about it, which Tamzen found unfair, as they didn’t ever mention the fact that she did it too.

“What would we do without you two?” Lyndsey asked them, and Johnny surprised them by turning to them and frowning in confusion.

“What do you mean by that?” he asked.

Lyndsey sat back in her seat, “Well, without you, the group would be weird… But it’s strange, because you don’t talk all that much, you know?” She shrugged and went back to her soup, which was nearly gone.

Johnny nodded, “I’m always listening though.”

Brian laughed, “That’s weird, dude. Kinda like God though, or Jesus…” he faded out and Lyndsey wondered why.

“I’m gonna call you Johnny Christ from now on,” Brian told Johnny suddenly, his tone decisive. Johnny smiled, liking the new nickname.

Kim arched an eyebrow, “What’s with all the Religious names?” she asked.

Lyndsey looked up from her bowl, “We go to a Catholic school, do we not?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I tend to get motivation from comments and I'm getting close to not having anything to post, since I'm had like a fucking motherload of work recently.

Comment me, yeah?