Status: New. Keep?

Change of Heart

T H R E E

Stella's voice rang through my ears like sirens. "And who the hell is Lyric?"

Well, hello, bitch; Lyric is the girl right next to you. I wished I would have screamed that to her, instead I just muttered, "I am..." She looked in my direction for the second time that day, her lips pulled tight as if she didn't mean to say it out loud.

The teacher cleared her throat, getting Stella and my attention. "Girls, you two will be working together for three weeks on a project that will count as a quarter of your grade. Work together and get along."

Stella and I sighed together, obviously agreeing on one thing. Neither of us wanted to work together. I sat awkwardly in my seat, still next to Stella, and twittled my thumbs like I was mentally challenged; I didn't know what else to do.

The hour passed painfully slow, leading into Study Hall. I sat with the rubric to the Trig project gripped tightly in my hands as I read it over, trying to figure out the instructions; my mind was distracted, though, I was too busy thinking of Stella. She was such a bitch yet so... Beautiful. I shook my head quickly, erasing any thoughts of how attractive she was.

I hated being a teenager... So much confusion within myself. I wanted to be with her, but I hated her. I didn't even know her. She was just some pompous beauty bitch who sat next to me in Trig.

I put my headphones in, still just trying to pass the time. SKRILLEX was blaring, some repetitive song, so I changed it.

Looking for one of my new NeverShoutNever album, Stella walked up to me. "Here's my number," she said while handing me a tiny slip of paper. "Text me when you finish the project."

I gathered a breath of air, getting ready to tell her off. Once again, though, my voice was just a whimper. "N-no, we're working t-together."

She towered over me, and I just couldn't help but notice every single detail about her. The way her eyeliner was, just perfect. Her long blond hair brushed down completely, a beanie resting on the back of her head. I could see her tee shirt move, with every pissed-off breath that she took.

"Fine," she finally spoke. "I'll help."

I let a small smile reach my lips, but not noticeable enough for Stella to see. "Okay, I'll text you later... We'll talk about the project." She just sighed and turned, walking away.

I counted all of that as a win for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
God, this took forever.
I thought I posted this chapter FOREVER ago, but when I looked at it today, I apparently never updated.
:Facepalm: