Together as One

Against All Others

"Are you sure about this?" There was a small, urgent tremble in the underlying tone of his voice. To most, it would be undetectable or easily passed of for something else. But the women next to him, however, heard it loud and clear.

"Positive." The answer was definite.

"There's know going back."

"I know."

"You're leaving everyone behind. Your family, your friends, your career..."

"I know."

"And you still want to do this?"

"Yes."

She stared at him with intense, piercing eyes. There was no hesitation in her gaze. She appeared to be absolutely sure of herself.

He murmured, "Alright," and kissed her hand gently. She pulled him over and exchanged his kiss for her own, one that she placed on his cheek with lips that had been photographed with an antiqued Polaroid camera several times that night. The pictures littered the floor of the car under their feet. They were discarded as soon as they were snapped. They were just carelessly captured memories of a warm summer night.

A wind picked up and rustled through the hair of the two in the car. It cooled the already-chilled sweat on their foreheads. Nerves were getting the best of them, no matter how self-assured they tried to seem.

A few deep breaths later, and they were able to look at each other. She had put on her heart-shaped sunglasses. Then, suddenly, they collided their mouths together desperately. She parted her lips is a moan, her head tipped back with ecstasy, as he hiked her skirt up to her hips. He ran his fingers over the lacy heart that was tattooed in her skin.

"I love you," she gasped, her chest heaving. He reached down, picked up a camera, and snapped a picture of her tattoo.

"I love you, too."

They paused. The photograph developed and was tossed carelessly onto the floor of the car with the rest of them.

He turned the keys and their car growled to life like an angry, awakened beast. He shifted the car into drive and turned to her, his foot on the brake. He took her hand and kissed her once again.

"Together as one."

"Against all others."

The wind whipped their hair back as the car accelerated forward. All that was left as the car dropped over the edge of the cliff they'd been parked at and crashed into a fiery mess at the bottom were the photographs they had taken, fluttering through the air in their wake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by the end of Marilyn Manson's Heart Shaped Glasses video.
Enjoy.