Status: Completed

I Can Taste Him on Your Lips

27

With a loud huff, I managed to set another heavy box down in the middle of Alex’s living room. As I looked back to him, he was talking on the phone, but with who I didn’t know.

Smiling devilishly to myself, I crept up behind him, jumping onto his back making him let out a loud squeak into the speaker of the phone.

“Are you alright honey?” I heard Isobel ask through the phone.

“Yeah mom I’m fine.” Alex laughed looking back at me with a smile as I continued to hold onto him, legs wrapped around his middle tightly with my skinny jean clad legs.

With the phone still pressed to his ear, Alex walked out the front door and into the yard with me still latched onto him.

“I’ll call you back later mom, I’m sorta busy right now.”

Slipping his phone into his pocket, I was suddenly pulled around and my chest was soon pressed flush with his.

“Hi.” I whispered as my nose brushed against his.

“Howdy.” He laughed before pressing his lips against mine.

I smiled into the kiss as my arms wrapped around his neck pulling him to me tighter.

~~

Driving down the street was Peter and Isobel who were going out to dinner, who both saw their son with a woman latched onto his front and suspended above the ground.

“Who is that?” Isobel asked, craning her neck to try and see the face of the woman who was embracing her son so passionately.

“She looks familiar…” Peter said, looking back as well quickly before returning his eyes to the road.

~~

I finally dropped down from off of Alex, my bare feet planting against the ground once more.

“How did I get so lucky?” Alex asked as his arms wrapped around me, his forehead resting against mine as he stared into my eyes.

“What do you mean?” I questioned looking right back into his eyes, head tilting slightly.

“How did I ever end up with someone like you?”

I laughed lightly shaking my head at his ridiculous question.

“I ask myself the same question about you every day.”

~~

Peter rounded the corner right next to his son’s house, his window rolling down when he saw the pair talking.

“I love you Alex,” a very familiar voice said, one he had not heard in months.

“I love you too Christine.” His son replied, making Peter do a double take as Isobel’s jaw hung limp.

“That’s Christine?” Isobel asked, more to herself than anyone.

She did not recognize the woman in jeans and a t-shirt when she normally wore dresses and skirts. Her hair hung down in long rivets when it was normally pulled back tight and proper.

“But she was married…”

~~

“I’m worried…” I said quietly, my head falling onto his shoulder as we stood in the middle of his front yard still.

“About what love?” He asked, looking down at me slightly.

“About what my parents will say when they find out, what your parents will say when they find out, about everything in general.”

“Don’t worry love,” Alex said making me look up. “As long as we’re together, it doesn’t matter what anyone says. It’s you and me against the world love.”

~~

END
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took me over a week, and its really short, but still :(
I'm sad to see it go, and sadly, I don't think there will be a sequel to this~
I want to thank you all for the support and comments and just thank you in general~