Status: Waiting for more readers and comments.

Ancient Death

Chapter: 03

She awoke..

In a very discrete place. Everything was dark, but she was still on the bus, and alone at that. She looked outside to see any sign of living, but nothing. Plus it was pitch-black, her acute eyes could not see a thing.

It was dark already? How long has she slept?
She hates feeling confused. One thing she doesn’t like is being unsure.
She starts to feel around, one thing she can count on when her eyes are out. Touch. But everything felt the same as it did earlier. The same old bus. She moved her foot to the side in disappointment, but doing so, she felt something on the ground. It sounded like glass? She went on the bus floor, and felt around for the mysterious object. She couldn’t find it! Did she kick it away? She hoped not. Now this is why she hated being confused. And when she didn’t have one of her senses, she feels vulnerable, and constricted. There could be someone, or something, lurking out there, wanting her, to kill her. She knew something like this was going to happen sooner of later, she just wasn’t sure when. Whoever did this, made it dark on purpose, she didn’t know how, but they did.

She goes looking for the object again. She moves and finds, hoping that helps. And it did! She found it, and it feels like a test tube, a glass test tube. She turned it over, and felt some liquid come out of it, it burned her hand a little. She knew this wasn’t here earlier. Something must have put it here. The something. The one that’s watching her right now. The creature, doesn’t know she knows its out there. So she tries to keep it dumb. She felt, in the very depths of her core, that it was out there.

She felt it when she woke up, but she was disoriented then. She was sure now. She gasps. A little show for whatever it is, that’s watching. She can feel adrenaline running through her veins, caressing her whole body. She was excited. This is what she was born to do. In her mind, she so desperately wanted to clap her hands, get this over with, and see who her predator was. No mortal could have done this, so it had to be someone, or something supernatural. But she couldn’t do any of that, she had to play it weak first. That way, it’s easier to eliminate her opponent.

She wanted her sight back, and so, she searched for an opening, or something, to get out of this bus, no way could it be this dark, There had to be some light, but there was nothing, only complete darkness.

She heard a snort to her left, which she thought was impossible, she was inside the bus. The snarl sounded it like it was coming from right beside her ear. She stood still, shook, then rubbed both her arms. She started walking, finding her footing on the bus floor. Everything felt so vague, she didn’t know what to think, but the fact, that she had to kill the creature. But how can she, when she couldn’t see? She had to rely on her other defined senses. Relying on her hearing, and touch was the best option.
Maybe her sense of smell, when it came down to it. But she doubted the creature smelled like anything, and if it did have a scent, it would probably smell like metal and acid. She was ready. And she knew in her instincts, that the creature was too. But of course, it didn’t know she wanted this. It thought she was scared. How she knew that, was terrifying.

A black shape came at her, she swiftly moved out of the way, as she yelped. She crouched, giving an allusion that she fell, the creature turned around, and started running. It was time. She dropped the weak, vulnerable act, like it was a shield of innocence, dropping instantly. She pulled out her samurai sword that was hidden in the hilt of her clothing. She held on to it with both her hands, the blade in front of her face, the thin blade shining, as she saw her reflection. Her hair was tousled, but still kept in place like a goddess’ hair should be. She was back on task.

The black mass was fast, but her moves were faster, her body could feel the vibrations through the floor, from its feet. The creature was huge, humungous, even. If she ducked. Then the creature would hit the window behind her, and since the glass was strong from her trying to open it earlier, she knew it would not break, and she would be crushed instantly by the creatures weight.

So she had to slice it in half, right down the middle. The monster stared, and once it saw even a glance, it ran off! Was it afraid of the sword? She looked behind her, and saw a dark shadowed figure.
Then everything was gone..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I havent written in awhile.
Had school, and homework.
Too much, nowadays.
Anyways, like I said
I'll try to keep posting a new
chapter every Saturday or every other
Saturay, like I sort have been doing :) <3

Thank you, and enjoy
Comment, and subscribe,
always appreciated..