Status: Waiting for more readers and comments.

Ancient Death

Chapter: 04

She was on a concrete floor.

How did she get here? She started to move, but everything ached. She placed her hand on her face to wipe the sleep away. Between her eyebrows, and hairline, she felt something. She had a bump on her forehead. She groaned. What happened? Then realization hit her. The monster. The figure. Now she was even more confused. She tried to move, but couldn’t, something was keeping her legs pinned to the floor. She sat up, and felt down her legs with her rough hands. Manacles was keeping her pinned. Chained. She had a tiny panic attack. She didn’t learn this in her survival class. She tried to think, how she could get out of this situation, but no solution came to her.

She knew she had to be calm. That was the first thing she needed to do. To relax. Her thoughts especially. She relaxed her muscles, she unclenched her jaw, her hands, that she didn’t even know she tensed. She breathed even breaths in a moderate pace. She thought of happy thoughts, things that made her happy. Her sister, combat, walking. But mostly her sister. She was calm. Now, she had to think survival.

She felt around for anything solid and heavy. A rock maybe, though she knew she was in a cellar, or basement. Inside, nowhere near the outside world. She touched something, almost missed it, and quickly snatched it, like it was going to walk away from her. It was cold, but definitely a solid object. From the touch, it felt like metal. She started smashing it against the manacles. The chains. Breaking out of it seemed impossible, but nothing like this was going to stop her. By the fifth hit, she saw some change. More likely hear than saw. Since it was pitch black. Only darkness. Something she was really getting tired of. She felt a linear crack on the rounded part of the cuff. At this, she was encouraged. She shivered with anticipation.
She kept hitting, but with more strength. She started to hear more cracks, and then another. She could feel freedom around the corner. It was almost loose, when she heard a noise. She heard it even with all the noise she was making. It sounded like it was coming from behind her, and she felt instantly vulnerable. She never felt like this before. She didn’t know whether it was supposed to be a good thing or bad. But what she did know, was she had to think fast on what to do, or else, she may not survive. One thing she learned was expect the unexpected. And don’t underestimate your opponent, especially if you felt over-confident about yourself, and did not know a clue about who they were. If she was to smash the cuffs again, there would be noise. She couldn’t take that risk, but she had to try, she had to do something.

She remembered when she used to fly her kite so high up into the sky and her and Aribeth would fight of who’s turn it was. The fighting would lead to her letting go of the rough string of the kite, and it flew away. It flew so high, that she couldn’t tell which direction it went to. She cried that day, because she learned that you can still lose the things that she thought she would have forever. She knows it was just a kite, but that kite was a symbol of her life. It represented everything she lost, everything she wept, everything that mattered. She lost her life, her friends, and parents, even though she lost them a long time ago, she lost her home, her title, and her sister.

Now in this state, she’s not sure what matters anymore.
As a child, everything just seemed innocent. That was what she wanted. Innocence. It was to precious, it would break within a blink of an eye. She wished she could be a child, and stay one. All children were innocent, fragile, and the closest thing to Heaven. She’s never been to Heaven, but she’s seen it, from afar. Heaven, and Mount Olympus were neighbours. They were two of nine worlds in the universe. Sometimes she would sit by her bedroom window, and gaze through, seeing the glimpses of something shiny, and metallic. It was so bright that it was beautiful. She wished she could visit Heaven one day, but knew it was impossible, she was immortal. Heaven was only a place for mortals. That was something she was not, and again, wished she was.
She was so busy thinking, that she didn’t notice the manacles were loose enough to slip her feet out.

First, she untied her boots, then she slipped her socked feet out, and quickly shoved her feet back in her boots. She loved her boots, and didn’t want to lose them. Still clutching the solid object, she started to tip-toe. As she did, she noticed the floor was cold, and a little damp. Water was coming through the soles of her shoes. Which was odd, could she?--
No that was a wild assumption. She picked up another sound, it was footsteps. Which makes her predator, human, or an immortal being. Whichever it was, she could take them. Beasts one the other hand, would have been difficult enough.

She stopped in her tracks, and stayed there, listening. Nothing but silence. She walked, it walked. She stopped, and it stopped.
This person, had to be an idiot. She already knew it was there. Her mind didn’t think about the matter much longer, as she walked, and carried on. She needed to find a wall, she would be able to navigate her way to a door, and get out, she could even break through it, if she had the energy, and she did, but just enough.
She decided against it. She needed her strength.

The walking lasted forever, or it felt like it did. The being was still close and following her, which was odd, because she thought it would attack by now. Strike at her, but no, nothing,
…yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter, for all to enjoy.
Please let me know if you dislike anything,
or if Im being a tad religious, and offensive
on other people's beliefs.
It would be great if you let me know,
on what you like, or dislike..
Because I write as you tell me and
I love getting advice and opinions,..
you know, on how to become
a better writer
:)
Thank you..