Transient Goals

Transient Goals

Gesticulating wildly, the sandy haired girl screamed at the person further down the field. 'No, no, NO!' Her arms flapped at the two plain stone pillars in front of her. 'This here.' She brandished an arm, 'This is my goal.' The emphasis on 'this' and 'my' could not be missed, partly due to the violent jab made at her chest on the 'my' and partly due to the fact it was bellowed at the top of her lungs.

The girl further afield shrugged in a blase manner, 'And these are mine,' she commented calmly, with an off hand tone, waving at something over her left shoulder. The golden aura fluorescing from the gates could not be missed, they glided open smoothly and silently. Inside lay a mystical land with pink shimmery clouds of cotton candy and bright shiny rainbows. The sound of cheery birdsong eminated from within and a glittery blue unicorn casually trotted past the entrance.

The sandy haired girl stared with baleful eyes, before sneaking a sidewards glance at the pillars standing beside her. Between them, through the drizzling rain, she could just make out the council estate on the other side of the field, a siren wailed in the distance.

She looked back at the girl stood near the golden gates to a promised land, before turning nonchalantly on her heel. Shooting a heartfelt 'Fuck. You' over her shoulder, she walked away.