Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Confidence.

“It was really weird.” I furrow my eyebrows together and bit at my bottom lip.

“Weird, how? What exactly happened?” Adam is growing impatient as I stare into the webcam mindlessly.

“ I don’t know. I mean, I talked to Megan and she said all that stuff-”

“The crack den stuff? I know. She told me too.” He shrugs.

“So I started to feel really terrible about myself and I didn’t want to cry or throw a pity party so I went to sleep and around eleven thirty he just showed up at my door.”

“Looking for you?” His eyes go wide.

“Yeah.” I nod.

“What about the ginger bitch?” I know exactly who he’s talking about.

“Kayla?” I glance at a picture of her behind me.

“Who else?” He gives me a look that reads you idiot, but I ignore it because it’s Adam.

“She’s not even that much of a bitch. She’s just misunderstood.” I defend.

“See, that’s why we’re friends. You like to see the good in people and I like to see the truth. I was hoping I would rub off on you a little bit, but it only works with the blonde tool.” He smirks.

“Can I finish my story? Thanks.” I roll my eyes at him.

“He showed up and I insulted him and said terrible things, but he was only there to apologize. Then he became all logical and started talking about his feelings.”

“Oh, I get it. He’s gay.” Adam says sarcastically.

“He just started talking about all the reasons he isn’t with Kayla. And then-”

“Who?” Adam raises an eyebrow.

“Ginger bitch.” I mumble.

“Oh, okay.” He nods for me to go on.

“And then he started making sense, Adam! I mean I know he’s wrong and all but then he started saying all these things that made so much sense.” I can’t even believe myself.

“And?” He pushed for more.

“And then- I don’t even know how we got there, but we started talking about my dad.” I shrugged, looking down.

“You told him about your Daddy issues?!” Adam leans forward in his desk chair, as if this would make him any closer to me.

“Shut up. I don’t even know how it happened! And then-” I begin.

“There’s more?” He mocks.

“I started crying.” It comes out in this messy blurt, like I’m saying cuss words.

“Oh shit.” Adams eyes go wide in astonishment. He understands rarely I do feeling that deep. He understands how far I pushed myself, but he doesn’t understand why I released it into Johnnies possession. I don’t even understand that.

“Yeah.” I smack my lips together nervously.

“And then what happened?” His hazel eyes looked at me tentatively.

“And then… we talked.” I shrug. “I don’t even know how long, we just did and when I woke up this morning he was gone.”

“What is this?! Gilmore girls?” He says mockingly. I can tell how disappointed he is, but behind that I can see the glimmer pride he has in my choice not to do much more. He’d swear no such thing existed.

“You say it like we didn’t enjoy every episode.” His cheeks begin to take on a tinge and I can see the shock written on his face.

“Goodbye.” He reaches to end the conversation.

“Wait! What now?” I ask in half a panic.

“You tell me.” He shrugs.

“What?”

“Call me when you figure it out.” The screen goes black.

Image


Reid is sitting across from me, staring into the abyss of his coffee. It’s a miracle I got him here, but he’s only glanced up at me a few times. He’s wearing a faded gray v-neck with illegible writing on it and his hair has the tendency to fall into his chocolate brown eyes. And then I notice that I’ve never really acknowledge how beautiful he is, especially when he’s angry.

“What are we doing here? If you didn’t want to go out with me you could’ve just said so. I’m a big boy, I can handle it.” A scowl consuming his face as his eyes burn holes into his untouched cup of coffee.

“I didn’t stand you up.”

“You weren’t there. Last time I checked, not showing up qualifies as standing someone up. I get if you didn’t want to go out with me or if I’m not your type, or whatever, but what kind of person-”

He’s gorgeous. I’ve declared that he’s gorgeous and he’s a billion times more attractive when he’s telling me that what I did was wrong. Suddenly my attraction to him has grown by leaps and bounds. His clear distinction between cocky and confident is obvious. As I examine him, while he shouts at me, I can’t think of much else besides how quickly his lips are moving and how they might feel against my own. So, I do the least logical thing possible. I lunge forward and kiss him. I tell myself that I did it to silence him, but really I did it because I wanted to. I did it because I was curious, and then everything sort of went quiet, because Reid no longer had anything to say, and neither did I.

It’s short and sweet, but long enough to silence him. It was long enough for me to take note of the musky cologne he wears, or the fact that his dark hair is still damp from the shower. It was long enough for me know that Reid was not pulling away, and that he is quite the kisser. It was short enough to be appropriate, but long enough to not be forgotten.

“I didn’t stand you up.” I mumble as I pull away.

“Okay.” He nods and wipes his bottom lip, just as entranced as I am.

What a curious boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but crucial. How do you feel about this? about Reid? About Gabrielle. Pick a side, it's about to get crazy awkward. Comment please! I know you're out there. Speak up! <3

-Shy;