Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Hide.

“She’s insane.” Johnnie declared.

“Yeah.”

“She really made you take a pregnancy test?” He raised an eyebrow, trying to hide the chuckle in his throat.

“Yeah, we were in Starbucks and everything!” He let out a deep throaty laugh. “It’s not funny! These are the Maury moments of my life! Not your personal entertainment!” Even I had trouble not cracking a smile.

“It could be worse.” He shrugged, ands in his pockets as his red t-shirt crinkled at the neck.

“How?” I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as my feet moved across the cool cement of the New York night.

“You could be on Jerry Springer.” He teased before letting out another smile.

“She thinks I could be get pregnant out here.” I couldn’t actually believe how little she thought of me.

“By who?” Johnnie snorted as if it was the strangest thing he had ever heard.

“You, actually.”

“Well, that’s possible.” A wide grin spread across my face.

“You wish.” I made a gagging motion.

“You find me that unattractive?”

“It’s not a matter of attraction. You’re an attractive boy. Of course I find you attractive, but everyone does. You have a pretty shell.” I shrugged.

“Shell?” He smirks. “I don’t think I’ve heard that one before.

“It’s true. You have a pretty shell.” I touch his lightly tanned cheek, and examined his eyes. “But it’s hollow.” I pat his cheek before dropping my hand back to my side.

“Hollow?” His tone jerks.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“Well, I’d rather be an obviously hollow douche-bag than an unpredictable tease.” He shot back.

“Tease.” I piped.

“Well I guess you aren’t the only one who can cast wide sweeping judgments, are you? I felt the slight glare that came with his light smirk, a simple making itself visible on his face. “Please.” He snorted. “Don’t pretend like you don’t know what you do.”

“What?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh Yeah.” He nodded and took a few steps in front of me. “I’m Gabrielle, I’m from the middle of nowhere. I’m wholesome and sweet. By the way, I wear dresses that make my legs look like it’s the fucking Victoria’s Secret Fashions Show, every fucking day. I have perfect skin and always smell like Vanilla. And in my spare time, I show up Mozart.” He mocked.

“Oh really?” I laughed, arms crossed over my chest. “Is it my turn now?”

“Please.” He bows himself out. “Do.”

“I’m Johnnie six middle names. I’m from the Upper East Side, I’m worth more than you’ll see in a lifetime. I think I’m Ryan Goseling. I have perfectly proportioned dimples and perfectly white teeth. I’ll serenade you into my bed. I’ve had sex with half of New York City. I comfort you when you need me in an effort to catch you on the rebound. I have no morals. I pray on innocent girls who deserve better.” I shot back.

“Really?” He nodded and quickened his pace, so that he was ahead of me. “Okay.” He mumbled. He face went hard, but his eyes went soft.

“What did I say?” I quickened my pace to his.

“Nothing.” He shrugged, purposely taking long strides.

“What was it?” I smiled.

“Nothing.”

“Did I hurt your feeling? Truth hurts doesn’t it?” I teased.

“You can be a real bitch, you know that?” He half glared at me.

“What?”

“Forget it.” He nodded. “Doesn’t matter.” He muttered.

“I can’t believe you’re upset.”

“I can’t believe you think I’m that shitty of a person.” He snaps his head towards me. “Forget it.” He came to an abrupt stop. “Red velvet, right?” My eyes went wide.

“You thought I forgot? Like everyone else? Just like you thought they would.” A condescending smile glazed his lips. “Happy Birthday.”

He was right. I hadn’t expected anyone to remember my birthday. I couldn’t remember when I had actually told him my birthday. My birthday had become overshadowed by my mother’s antics. For my 18th birthday I was given a pregnancy test. Really original. She did say happy birthday. She bought me a slice of cheesecake and said sorry for how the day had played out. For my birthday I was allowed to stay. She smiled weakly and promised me a better day tomorrow.

Johnnie’s shadow had long ago disappeared down the street. It didn’t faze me. I checked my cell phone. Four missed calls from Adam alone. Two from Reid. And a text from Megan. I called Reid first. I had to explain the hectic circumstances of the last two days. It rang twice before going to voicemail.

“Hey, this is Reid, leave a message.”

“Hey, I know things have been sort of busy and crazy lately. Sorry…anyways….um it’s my birthday. So maybe we could get a cup of coffee? Okay…Well, call me. Bye.” The moment I ended the call I contemplated how much of an epic fail had just occurred.

I was still angry at Adam. I didn’t want to call him. I wouldn’t. Megan had simply sent me an apology text. Again. I reassured her. I looked at my phone helplessly and began to text Reid.

“If you want to meet up, I’ll ne at the Liberty dinner three blocks from my building.”
_Gabrielle.


Reid never showed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have three chapters typed up :) I promise more updates. I was swamped with college stuff. Forgive me? Feedback? Thanks so much for all the support! It means so much!

-Lady Love