Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Fresh Meat.

“Hi,” I wave at Kayla. She just rolls her eyes at me and goes into the bathroom. Great.

I’m taking the opportunity to look around the room. The walls are a pale blue and there’s a desk in the room. Two actually. One is mine and one is hers. Her lavender and white striped comforter is all ruffled on her bed. It looks as if it was made but… well you know. She has a cork board nailed up full of pictures and there are books on her desk, a photo of a puppy and posters of all the best actresses. I assume she’s here for acting. Her clothes are neatly packed away in her wardrobe. I have a feeling we aren’t going to get along, but in all honesty I didn’t do anything. She walks out of the bathroom and I glance at her and this tinge of guilt hits me. I don’t even know why.

“Listen Kayla I-,” She doesn’t even look at me.

She completely ignores me and just walks across the room and out the door. Bitch. I roll my eyes and unzip my suitcase on my bed. I begin to spread my sheets and the doors open so I can hear the same noise. I put my sunglasses on the side table and start to pull out some of my things. I pull out my net-book and set it up on my desk, charging it up. I toss some of music notebooks onto the desk. They’re full of music and scribbles. I begin to layout my clothes on my bed. I put on some perfume, because I have sweat quite enough for today. The hallways getting loud. I mean LOUD. Louder than usual. I peak my head out and everyone is in lounge. All crowded around. Kayla’s smilling at something, A guy is tapping away on a practice drum and Johnnie is sitting on a table, strumming a guitar and singing.

Now I see it. Now I know Johnnies game. My arms are folded across my chest. He’s one of those. The guys with the guitars that can serenade girls and everything’s okay. Johnnies a player. He knows it. They know it and now even I know because I may not be from around here, but I watch my gossip girl. Kayla’s freaking swooning at the sight of him. He’s flashing his pearly whites and everyone’s watching. I’m walking away because I’ve got better things to do then watch him in action.

I finish unpacking and change before orientation. It’s in twenty minutes and it’s six blocks from here. I smooth down my white and pale pink comforter and glance at a photo of my sister and I. Everyone’s already left. You see I know it’s only six block, but I’m terrible with directions and could get lost walking around the corner. I’ve decided to hail a cab, but three have passed me and two have nearly run me over. I get in a cab only to argue with my taxi driver. He doesn’t want to drive me six blocks in the opposite direction. Does he want the money or not?

I do get there. Just in time while everyone else has already sat down in this huge grand looking auditorium. It’s actually a school. HILDEBRANT MUSIC AND ARTS PROGRAM races across the front of the building in gleaming gold. I find the auditorium and take a seat absent mindedly.

“You didn’t like my little show?” I hear a deep voice whisper. I whip my head around only to reveal Johnnie.

“What are you talking about?” Honestly I remember no show today.

“I saw you in the lounge, but you walked away.. fast. You didn’t like it?” he asks looking at me.

“It was cute,” I shrug.

“Cute? That’s it?”

“Well you didn’t expect me to scream, swoon and faint, did you? I’m sure you’ve got lots of friends for that sort of thing.” He smirks and touches his chin because he knows exactly what I’m talking about.

“Me and you?” He points his fingers between us. “We should hangout.” he says it in this way where the last thing he wants to do with me is hang-out.

“I was trying to be nice about this.” I sigh.

“I like nice girls.” He smiles. He doesn’t get it.

“Listen." I snap my head back towards him. "You can sing all the little songs you want, but I’m not your type. And guess what? You’re not mine so let’s save us both the aggravation and not play this silly little game. I’m not the thrill of your chase and I don’t do hook up buddies. Do us both a favor and stick with Kayla because I promise you she’s as good as it’s going to get.” I hiss.

“You sure about that?” he laughs. Oh my god he’s laughing. What a jerk.

“As long as I have standards I’m absolutely positive Johnnie. Thanks for the offer, but don’t waste your time. Go see yourself to some other new girl for a cheap date and a messy hook-up.”

“You know if you’re trying to be a bitch Gabrielle it’s really hot." He whispers getting close to my ear. His breathe tickles my ear. I freeze. Hot? I don’t want to be hot to Johnnie. I don’t want to be anything to Johnnie. I just turn and look straight ahead as a teacher begins orientation.

“Welcome to Hildebrandt Arts and music program. If you’re not ready to work your talented little asses off, the exits are to the left and right. Don’t waste your time or mine because there are thousands of kids that would give a kidney for your spot. This is the finest music and arts program in the country and one of the top five in the world. Listen kids if you can make it here. You can make it anywhere. If I find you unsuitable for this program you will be asked to leave. Look to your left and look your right because by next Monday twenty-five percent of you will cease to be in this program. If you break strict curfew of twelve p.m. It’s over. Goodbye. If you’re caught with or under the influence of alcohol or drugs pack your bags. If you possess any of these things book your flight home. We don’t need that sort of rift raft here. Get caught in the wrong wing boys and girls, past twelve o’clock it’s over. Miss too many classes or if you’re tardy to much, you will receive detention. This isn’t high school. This is Hildebrandt so detention isn’t what it used to be. We do things differently here. Break any rules or cut any classes and you will feel the consequences. Do what you came here to do and we won’t have any issues. Your weekends are yours. Do with them what you wish. Curfew still applies unless you have prior arrangements to go home for the weekend. This is it kids. You want this? You work for it! Any questions?” Her tight bun stated stiff on the top of her head, and her red lips went into a tight line.

The room is dead quiet because I’m sure everyone’s scared shitless. Johnnie? He’s smiling. He thinks it’s funny.

“New kids..” He nods his head smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy? Love this business. Comment this for me :D I would love to hear you! What do you think of the characters?

Always,
-Shy;