Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Lost.

I couldn’t tell you exactly where I was. I didn’t really know . This was Kayla’s idea, It was always Kayla’s idea, but I couldn’t pretend that this wasn’t a good one. I was having too much fun.

There was something about putting large amounts of oppressed, gifted, music students on a private beach at the tip of Long Island. We were probably all running wild, but I hadn’t noticed. Illinois didn’t have real beaches.

The enormous house rested on a smooth cliff, there was sand and teenagers scattered all the way down to the sea. I had lost track of Kayla hours ago and for the last half hour I was trying to figure out where I was, maybe even who’s house I was at. I couldn’t remember. I had been too busy laying in the sun for hours. My white cut off shorts, nearly glowed against my skin.

The downstairs was over-flowing with people. I could barley move, and in my quest to the bathroom I had dogged six spilt beers. The four bathrooms on the first floor were all occupied and none of them were actually using the bathroom. I didn’t know how there were so many people in this house and equal amounts scattered on the beach. They couldn’t all possibly be from Hildebrandt; there had to be locals mixed in.

The upstairs had partially been spared. Sure, there was a little over six couples in the open den. Everything was so large here. There was a zig-zag of cherry wood stairs, opening up to a sort of second foyer. One direction led to an open, loft like den. I didn’t dare to even try. I only wanted to go to the bathroom, not have a threesome. Hallway number one it is.

I made the best guess I could. It didn’t help much. I was in a navy blue room with a large white bed in the center. There were three shelves full of books, and a desk with a MAC book on it. There were posters littering the perfectly clean walls. There was a basket of clean laundry neatly stacked in the corner, and a vintage record player sitting on a leather chest. I ran my fingers over the stack of records next to it.

“Hey! No one’s suppose to be-” I turned around so quickly that I knocked the stack of records over.

“Sorry.” I touched my slightly throbbing wrist.

“Oh.” Johnnie was standing in front of me, with a t-shirt in his hands. He walked towards the knocked over records.

“No.” I put a hand to his bare chest in an attempt to stop him. “I’ve got it.”

“Relax.” He continued to help me.

“I’ve got it.” I breathed.

“What are you doing here?” He narrowed his curious gray eyes at me.

“Bathroom.” I neatened the stack, making them straight and organized. I felt my face get hot as I ran my fingers over the top of them.

“There’s three and a half downstairs.” I watched as he analyzed me, asI analyzed him. He pulled on his shirt.

“They’re all… occupied.” I looked away uncomfortably.

“That kind of occupied?” He smirked. “There’s one right there.” Her pointed to the door he just came out of.

“Thank you.” My bladder was near explosion, and I could hear him snickering.

“Where’s Reid?” I heard him ask as I washed my hands.

“Work.” I opened the door, tucking my hair behind my shoulders.

“So, how’d you end up at my house?”

“It was Kayla’s idea.” I played with the fringe of my shorts.

“She ditched you? Right?” He knew my answer.

“I had fun anyway.” I shrugged.

“Had?” He raised an eyebrow.

“It’s sort of…” I trailed off. “What did you talked to Reid about two weeks ago? How’d you get him to come back”

“You’re smarter than this. Give yourself some credit.” He looked completely annoyed, as if I should’ve realized something.

“What?”

“Come on, you’ve barley seen me in the last two weeks. It’s not like we spend massive amounts of time together, we’re not suppose to, but I don’t see you anymore, and you don’t see me.” He shoved his hands in the pockets of his blue board shorts.

“So?” I rolled my eyes.

“Reid spends just enough time with you to keep you away from me.” He was looking at me like he was waiting for something.

“That’s not funny.” I smile.

“I wasn’t joking.” I’m trying not to piss you off, but this is boarder lining bullshit.”

“Stop.”

“You want to know the only reason her let you off your leash tonight?” A condescending smile on his face. “Because he was forced to. He figured Kayla could be your chaperone, because she’s the only other person that doesn’t want you with me more than he does.”

“Stop giving yourself so much credit.” I teased lightly.

“Stop it. You know what I’m talking about.” He was angry and it was getting harder to ignore it. “He leaves you at parties with at least two friends when he’s working and he drops you off and picks you up from Fitz’s class. You don’t do your homework, you probably still haven’t made up with Adam, and you’re never home before curfew anymore. I would know, Kayla’s only had to sneak you in eight times and you must’ve been drunk for at least three. Four if you count last Sunday.”

“Shut up.” I felt my voice raise an octave.

“Do you even remember what you do with Reid? Ever?”

“Of course I do!” It was none of his business.

“When was the last time you practiced?”

“Why does it matter?” I tired my best to stand my ground.

“It doesn’t , but I’m sick of sneaking your drunk ass home at night.

“You’re such an asshole.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Let me know when you hit rock bottom, Gabrielle. I’d love to know who’s going to be there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I told you there would be another one. So what do you think of Johnnie at this point? And Reid? I'd love to know. The feedback means a lot so don't be shy.

Always,
_Lady Love