Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Fear.

“I’m sorry.” I had just finished crying to Adam over Skype, and by the look on his face I knew he was running out of things to say, “I know you were just trying to help and everything.”

“It’s fine, G. You’ve had a lot of other stuff going on.”

“Yeah, well everything is pretty bad right now. I just want to go home.” A contorted look came onto his face,

“They turned your room into a nursery, G.” I felt my face grow hot, but only for a second. I kind of knew that was going to happen.

“Oh.” I glanced down for a second.

“Sorry.” He shrugged.

“Yeah, well I figured it was going to happen. “Do you know where they moved my stuff?”

“The attic.” He nodded. “I helped move your stuff, if that helps. I did the best I could.” He smiled weakly.

“Well, um.” I put on a smile. “What does the nursery look like? Is it nice?”

“It’s weird, G.” He scrunched up his nose. “It feel like your suppose to be here. We painted the walls this weird green. She doesn’t want to know the sex of the baby.” She asked me to help her with the color, but there were like sixteen shades and they all looked the same. We settled on mocha mint chip seaweed, something.”

“You picked out baby colors?” I felt a smile creep onto my face.

“I picked out the nursery furniture.” He put his hand to his forehead.

“What?”

“Well, you’re mom’s always working and her baby daddy over there isn’t exactly father of the year. I thought that teen mom shit was scripted? No, that shit exist.” He nodded his head as if he’d been traumatized.

“What color is the furniture?” I changed the subject because I felt like I didn’t know anything about my sister.

“Dark cherry oak.” He said sheepishly. “You know, I should go into interior design… or counseling.” He smirked.

“You don’t have to do that stuff, Adam. All this isn’t your problem.”

“You know what you’re Mom said to me over dinner last night?” He looked confused and a little offended. “She told me that she wished your sister had gotten knocked up by me.” I slapped a hand to my mouth and felt my eyes go wide.

“Oh my gosh.” I didn’t even know what to say. Sure Megan had always had a weird crush on Adam, but I wasn’t going to let them exploit his good nature the way they were doing. Really, he was doing most of the things I should’ve been doing. And even though the situation was screwed up, my sister was pregnant and I wanted to enjoy the small things I could with her, but I’d miss it all.

“I’m sorry.” I ran out of things to say.

“I’m just holding down the home front.” He smiled. “Everything is going to be fine.” I felt the warmth in his voice. I needed that.

“I have a problem.”

“Damn, another one?” He teased.

“Well, he seems like a problem to me.” I shrugged.

“That other guy right? The blonde one.”

I nodded.

“I know you like him, but don’t let him catch you on the rebound. You remember what happened that time you broke up with Jack? You sort of liked that Dan kid and you hooked up with him after forcing down a couple shots at Courtney’s Party last summer. I had to take you to Myrtle beach with me and my family for you to recover from that one.” He was careful with what he was saying, but not too careful.

“I know.”

“And what happened to Dan?” He knew the answer.

“He pretended like nothing happened, even though I liked him a lot.”

“And what happened to you?” He looked at me tentatively.

“I messed everything up.” I looked down and bit back my lip.

“Don’t screw it up.” He pointed at me.

“I know.” I looked at my cell phone. “I have to go.”

“Don’t!” He said before hanging up.

I began to type away on my laptop until I found what I was looking for. I picked up my cell phone and began to carefully type the number in. It felt as if it were taking forever. It rang twice before being picked up.

“Benjamin Danes Attorney at Law.”

“Hello, my name is Sarah Andrews-” I began.

“Yes?” She thought the line went dead. “Are you looking for a legal consultation?” She said sweetly.

“Yes. I’d like to make an appointment with Mr. Benjamin Danes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short , but crucial! Feedback please :) Don't be shy.

-Lady Love