Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Force.

Electives. I hate electives. They never seemed to present a problem in high school, but suddenly I’m sitting in my acting class that I did not sign up for and my teacher, Mr. Fitz is shouting about the value of chemistry in paired acting and I’m sinking deeper into my chair. It’s too damn early for this.

“I know that every single one of you do not want to be here. I know that you were accepted into Hildebrandt for all sorts of things, but none that included acting. You may wonder what you are doing here, but you really consider yourself talented, don’t you think that you should be able to push yourself? Feel uncomfortable!” He’s running his hand over his tired looking, clean shaven face. “Feel angry!” He jumps onto the small stage in the narrow classroom and stomps his feet. “FEEL!” He screams and tucks a lock of his thick, dark long-ish locks behind his ear. “Something.” He whispers.

He’s insane.

“You don’t want to be here? Good. Neither do I. Do you honestly think I want to waste my time with a bunch of bratty children who think they’re too good for me?” He cocks an eyebrow and takes a sip from his water bottle, before setting it back on the brown stool next to him. “Prove. Me. Wrong.”

“Miss me?” Johnnie slides into the seat next to me. Late, of course.

“Shut up.” I snap.

He winks at me and slides an arm around me.

“Personal space!” I hiss.

“Come on.” He squeezes my shoulder.

“You’re repulsive! Stop touching me!” I scream and slap a hand over my mouth. Oh My.

“You!” Mr. Fitz points directly at me.

“I am so sorry!” I put my hands over my face as my cheeks take red.

“Perfect.” He smiles. “Johnnie, stand up and bring the girl with you.” He points to the center of the stage.

All eyes follow us as smiles, satisfied. I stare intently at the back of his head, hoping it will combust. Still, my cheeks are turning red and I know he’s enjoying it. He stands in the middle of the stage and smirks as I take the spot next to him.

“You’re name?” Mr. Fitz glances at me.

“Come on, Fitz-” Johnnie starts.

“Shut up.” Fitz motions towards Johnnie.

“Gabrielle.” I cross my arms over my chest.

“Beautiful. Alright class.” He notions towards me, but scans over everyone else. “Look at her stance. Look at how she turns away from him, rejecting him completely. Her arms are crossed over her chest and she want absolutely nothing to do with him.” Fitz smiles. “How did you describe him?”

“Repulsive.” I glance at Johnnie.

“Can you feel the hatred?” Fitz stands behind me. “Can you feel the chemistry?!” He shouts as he walks over to Johnnie.

“Ew.” I mumble.

“I love it!” He clasps his hands together.

“You don’t believe me, do you?” He laughs and looks at me. Johnnie, completely content with the situation.

“I’m sorry, no I don’t.” I breathe.

“Memorize the highlighted scene.” He shoves a fringed book in front of me. “ Specifically the one in purple.” I glance over at Johnnie. “Together.”

Johnnie is officially the most satisfied person on the planet, and my eyes about to come out of their sockets.

“I love this class.” Johnnie smiles.

“Be ready to present in front of the class on Friday… for a grade.” Fitz ushers us off the stage. “Run off my little guinea pigs. You two will prove me right!” He paces across the stage. “ All of you, take note! Chemistry in acting, is unavoidable! No matter how deep the repulsion!” He smiles directly at me and Johnnie nudges me and I swat him away.

Welcome to the class from hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Comments! I love them all! Thank you all so much <3 what did you think of their class? Their assignment? Fitz? Tell all!

-Shy;