Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Burned.

So Kayla has officially been ignoring Johnnie for three days and at this point I wish she hadn’t kicked the habit. It’s like telling a lifelong smoker they stopped producing cigarettes in the world. You’re just asking for trouble. Johnnie has been occupying himself with a new “Friend” her names Vanessa and she’s blonde petite and pretty. Sweet too. Dull, but sweet.

Classes have started already. It’s Wednesday. I have four types of piano classes, a music theory class and a vocal class mixed into my days. My favorite teacher believe it or not is my vocal teacher. Mr. Shapman. Amazing genius. Thirty something and the wisest man I’ve ever come across. Johnnie is in my music theory and my vocals. It’s terrible. Kayla is in my vocal also and it’s like war of the words in there. While she’s dying for his attention, I’m brushing it off. He could give two shit’s that he’s been crossed off her list and she dies every time she hears rumors of what Vanessa and him have been up to in her dorm room.

Me on the other hand; I’m happy as could be. The elimination of Johnnie’s many visits to my dorm has minimized the time I’m obligated to spend actually around him. It’s great. I haven’t snapped at a person in days. The worst part is Kayla won’t shut up.

Now it’s a sweet typical Wednesday and I’m walking from the vending machine back to my room after two piano classes and an extra help vocal session. I shake my bag of Doritos and Skittles in my hand. I open the door to a giggling Kayla. She had no shirt on and the red strap to her bra is slipping off her should as Johnnie is kissing her neck. Shirtless.

“Can we work out some sort of schedule for these things?”

I drop my bag on the floor. I’ve become immune to semi-naked people. I knew this would happen. Kayla is so weak. Johnnie jumps away from Kayla as if she’s an infectious disease.

“Baby why’d you stop?” Kayla whines.

“I’m not putting on a live porno. Kayla get some freakin dignity,” He grabs his white t-shirt off the floor and walks by me.

“Sorry Gabrielle.” He mumbles.

“I’ll consult you when the schedule is done up.” I yell down the hallway. I look back at Kayla and she’s slipping her shirt over her head.

“Sorry.” She says in a barley audible tone.

“It’s fine.” I pop a dorito into my mouth.

“You think he’ll ever look at me like he looks at you?” She sits on the edge of my bed.

“He doesn’t look at me in any certain way Kayla.” I laugh.

“Yes he does. He looks at you like he owes something to you. Like he actually cares what you think. He doesn’t look at anyone like that. Especially not me.”

“Kayla. That’s not true.” I touch her shoulder.

“Yes it is. I guess I deserve it.” She shrugs.

“No you don’t. He’s just in a bad mood, I’m sure that’s it.” It’s my attempt at making her feel better.

“You think?” She looks up at me with this gleam of hope.

“Absolutely.” Alright I can’t even believe myself at this point.

“You’re amazing. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She walks out of the room.

“Johnnie, that’s for sure.” I mumble biting into a dorito. I go into the lounge, and there are lots of people just roaming around. I take a seat on a vintage looking couch. Just across the coffee table, Johnnie flinches as Kayla touches his shoulders in an attempt to massage him.

“Kayla stop.” He orders.

“Johnnie.” She whines.

“Stop it, Kayla please. I’m really not in the mood.” He’s trying to be nice.

“Johnnie...” She moans childishly.

“Kayla. Stop it.” He pushes her hands away.

“But Johnnie,” She touches him again.

“Fuck off.” He jeers dropping his head into his hands. Kayla proceeds to take cautious steps away from him.

“You’re Gabrielle right?” A tall, quite gorgeous brunette boy with brown eyes that make you want to go for a swim in chocolate, asks taking a seat next to me.

“Depends on who’s asking.” I joke.

“I’m Reid. You’re in my music theory class right?”

“I believe so.” I smile.

“ I know this sounds kind of weird coming from me, but would you want to be partners for the music theory project?” Well someone likes to get down to business.

“What?” I smile.

“Oh. That was bad.” He runs a hand over his face with red cheeks and a nervous grin

“You came over here to ask me to be your partner, outside of class?” I raise an eyebrow.

“Yeah? In my head it sounded better than asking you to get coffee.You know what? I’m just gonna-” He points towards the exit, face red.

“No! Wait.” I smile.

“We’re not done embarrassing me?” He laughs and shoves his hands in his pockets.

“Let’s get coffee tomorrow morning before class. No judgment.” I laugh. “Then you can walk me to music theory, where we can talk about our project.” I bite my lip and smile.

“Alright.” He nods and walks towards the exit.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Johnnie shouts looking up at me.

“What?”

“You’ll go out with him, but not me?”

“You don’t want to go out with me. You want to hook up with me. There’s a huge
difference. Besides, have you ever even asked me?” I raise an eyebrow at him.

“Fine. Gabrielle would you please go out on a date with me on Friday?” A slew of words and they rush out of his mouth.

“Well Reid just asked me to coffee? Didn’t you see? Besides I’m not one to juggle boys. What sort of girl do you think I am?” I tease.

“My type of girl that’s for sure.” He’s frustrated as he runs a hand over his face. He knows I would never go out with him. That’s not where my morals lay as a girl and my morals as a follower of girl code. Him and I will never go like that. Like toothpaste and orange juice. I walk down toward my dorm. Stupid Johnnie.

“Reid is a tool. Just so you know.” He yells.

“You’re just jealous.” I chime.

He doesn’t say anything back, and that’s when I know that I’m screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Reid? Johnnie? Gabrielle? Kayla?

Comment :)