Status: Finished.

Twisted Symphony

Ice.

“Chicago?” Reid raises an eyebrow as he grips his iced coffee.

“No. It’s more like, backwoods Illinois. You know? The parts no one knows about?” I touch my cup.

“I don’t see it.” He cocks his head to the side. His eyes squint and he smiles with perfect smile lines lightly etched into his face.

“How about you?” I lean towards him, resting my elbows on the wooden table.

“Guess?” He rests his arm on the empty chair next to him.

“New York.” I shrug easily.

“I wish.” He shakes his head.

“California.” I smile, sure of myself.

“Nope.” He glances at my nearly empty cup. “You want another?” He points at it.

“No, I’m fine. I already put a double shot of espresso on this. I’ll already be off the wall in music theory. Thanks though now don’t get off the subject.” I tease. “Where are you from?”

“The middle of nowhere.” He runs a hand over his face and it takes on that same pink tinge.

“Like Illinois?” I laugh.

“At least you have Chicago and people can associate you with that. I’m from Idaho.”

“What?” I snort because it’s the last place in the world that I would associate Reid with. His face goes to fire.

“I don’t look like a farm boy to you? I should! I live on the biggest potato farm in the state.”He smiles and I’ve already busted into laughter.

“I’m sorry. I’m not mocking you. It’s just.. I. You’re funny.” I bite my lip and tuck a lock of hair behind my ear.

“You’re cute.” He smiles and his face drops. “Well obviously I have no idea how to talk to girls, so let’s just disregard that last comment?” He’s flustered, but I can’t help but find him adorable.

“You’re sweet.” I try reassuring him.

“More like handicap to the opposite gender. My sisters tell me I don’t have any swag. Whatever that means.”

“Farm boy.” I tease.

“Stop. Girls like you are the reason I own no flannel.” His mouth twists into a grin.

“Girls like me?” I cross my arms over my chest.

“Not like that…it’s like.. I-” He fumbles over a few words.

“Relax. I’m kidding.” I get up from my chair and Reid throws a ten on the table. “We’re going to be late for class.”

“There’s a party tonight.” He picks up his blue spiral notebook from the table and I pull at the door.

“Yeah?” I glance at him. Come on Reid, you can do it.

“I don’t know if it’s you’re scene, but it’s at some kids loft downtown. It’s really his mom’s art studio, but she’s out of town and he sort of likes to use the place. Would you be into it?” He hangs his hand on the back of his neck.

“Yeah, sure.” I smile.

“Yeah?” His eyes are full of surprise.

“Yeah.” I nod.

“Great.”

"Reid?" I breathe.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing." I shake my head.

Reid Cameron. What a curious boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
REID!!!

Comments comments comments! Yes!