Status: in Hiatus. Been working on chapter 3, but having writers block

The Girl with the Green Ribbon

Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"He's taken a liking to you for a while now you know?" Harriet jokingly comments as she brushes Guinevere's hair. "I can see it in his eyes"

The sun pears through the glass window of her room. Lighting it as if it were a place in Heaven. A grand room you'd only imagine to be in fairytales. The giggles of the two echo off the walls, bringing everything to life. So full of life.
Seasons have come and gone and the bond between both Guinevere and Jim remains strong. Their feelings towards each other is undeniable. Played like a game where neither wants to believe it. So innocent. So young. "Just be careful Guinevere... " Harriet gently folding the green ribbon into a knot across the neck of the gleaming daughter. Caressing the neck as if it's entranced her. "...I wouldn't want to see you get hurt". With the light of the sun shining down on her pale face, she understands the deep meaning behind those words. She smiles and embraces her mother, the one who's always been there to protect her. "Thank you".

Out of the room, she quickly walks towards the front door where Jim is patiently waiting for her outside.
"So It's always gonna be this way huh? Waiting outside for 15 minutes just so you could have ribbon put on?"
Guinivere smiles and jokes. "You'd think by now you would arrive later from now but yet you STILL decide to come early."
"Well yeah...."
"Why?" Guinevere interrupts. She's grown more confident since that day. Even picked off a few of Jim's personality. Becuase of him, she was able to break out of her shell. And here Jim is with no words to say. His breath was taken away by her and couldnt respond back. "SHUT UP Guini! Your the weirdest of the weird". And runs up ahead.
She laughs hysterically and does her best to keep up. Walking as quickly as she can.

They're in love. And as winter passes by, that love is shared. Together in love. Together by a fireplace during Christmas Eve, they embrace in love's tender kiss. Just then his hands slide from her face down to her neck, the tips of his fingers touch the ribbon. She gasps.
"DON'T!"
startled yet not so surprised, Jim takes back his hand and apologizes. Not knowing what to else he picks up a black box underneath the Christmas tree. "Merry Christmas". She opens the box and sees a velvet choker with a ruby placed in the middle. It looked expensive and could only imagine how hard it took to buy it. She's grateful but there's nothing to say. She knows what he's thinking. He would want nothing more than to place it around her.
She loves him. More than anything. She unravels the green ribbon around her neck.

"Please....be gentle"

He looks towards Guinevere and nowhere else. His gaze is fixated toward her neck. a thin line is visible that surrounds the neck. He's shocked and full of questions. He wants to speak but the tension is too strong. He could only bring himself to come closer and put the choker. His hands are shaking. The vast living room feel like it's getting smaller. The fire in the pit gets hotter. His fear is unexplainable and unlike anything he's felt before. Eyes are gazing upon him, whispers are in his ear, he's burning inside. *snap* the choker is attached to her neck. Jim's fears slowly fade away.

"I love you."

These words were true. So true she felt it deep down inside more than ever and shed a tear and gently embraces her lover.

*DUD*

a door opens with a loud sound. Jim jumps back and looks at the door

*THUMP*

another sound is made. As if something dropped to the floor. Jim looks back to his love and...

the room grows smaller. voices whisper. invisibles eyes staring. fear.

Jim yells in fear. Unable to escape the image he's witnessing runs towards the door. Away from the one he loved.

Guinevere is now shedding tears. A never ending cry. The tears rolling down the left side of her pale beautiful face as she watches him leave never to come back again. She tries to follow him in complete despair but couldn't bring herself to go out the door. She's crying....with her head still on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if the story seems rushed. I was wondering whether to extend it by another chapter but I figured I might as well get the ball rolling. This story isn't about Jim and Guinevere. This is the beginning of a grander tale between Guinevere and Lucas. Who I'll be introducing in the next chapter titled "Fast Forward". I hope you all enjoyed this origin and are intrigued to find out what's next for Guinevere, what happens to Jim, and who the hell is Lucas.

Thanks guys and girls.