Status: One Shot; Done.

All That She Wants

One.

She rubbed at her eyes as she slipped into consciousness. A warm breeze swept past her face and she mindlessly sat up from her previous position of lying in her bed. While most women in their low-twenties were stressed about their schooling or new job, Renee look over at the clock with next to no care in the world. Seeing it read ‘12:45,’ she sided on getting up. It was days like this that she was especially glad she didn’t have to worry about those typical things.

After leisurely getting out of her bed, she slid her feet into a pair of slippers and made her way down the steps of the stylish beach-side house. As she entered the kitchen, the girl stifled a yawn. Renee opened the fridge (which matched the rest of stainless-steel appliances that graced her kitchen) and searched for a few moments before pulling out a bowl of fruit.

Deciding against eating inside, the blonde-haired woman grabbed a glass of tropical juice with her fruit and headed outside. As walked onto the wooden porch that surrounded the house, she set her items on the small glass table. Residing beside the table was a longue chair. She, then, sat herself in the overly comfy chair and glanced out at her view. She was greeted by a sandy beach and the sound of fairly calm waves. The girl ran her hand through her hair; pushing it away from her bright blue eyes.

Renee ate her meal while listening to the calming sounds around her. She was just finishing off her juice when her phone rang obnoxiously from her side. Letting out a sigh, she set her glass back onto the table to her right and picked up her phone.

Mindlessly answering the call, she spoke, “Hello?” Her voice sounded even but a touch of annoyance laced through the simple word.
“Renee!” An overly excited voice spoke. The blonde instantly recognized the voice; it was her old friend, Stephanni. It wasn’t that the two ever had a falling out, but after all that happened in the past few months Renne realized she was tired of the past life she was living. To get away from that, she tried to end all connections with her past; moving away and cutting ties with friends. Stephanni, though, was persistent and insisted on calling even if it was surely racking up her phone bill; international calls would do that to you.
Sticking with an even voice, Renee replied, “Yes?”
“Are you okay?” Stephanni sounded anxious; worried. Every phone called start this way. The seemingly simple question has so much more meaning to it. If someone just heard that question being asked, they assume it was the girl’s way of asking, ‘How are you?’ But that was not the case.
“I’m fine.” Renee took a breath before continuing, “Anyways, thank you for calling, Stephanni, goodbye.” The girl on the other line started to reply, but was cut off with a dial tone.

Renee set her phone back on the table and let out a sigh. Even though she always said she was fine, she wasn’t. Cutting off ties and leaving everything you ever knew was hard. The girl believed that although she was faced with though times now, that it would pay off and eventually leaving her past behind would be the best decision.

She looked up at the house behind her. Several hundred thousand of her parents’ dollars were spent on this place. It was actually one of the first things she did after she found out of her family’s death.

The girl sat at a computer desk in her bedroom. She was sitting in a slouched position on a leather computer chair with her feet up on the desk in front of her. She typed away, her mind deep into a conversation with her friend; they were planning to meet up at the mall on the weekend. It was then that her phone sounded. Since it was the home line and not her cell phone, she assumed it was one of her parent’s colleagues. Being polite, she went to answer the phone and tell the caller that her parents were out.

The young woman reached for the phone and answered casually, “Hello?”
Instead of being greeted with a friendly voice, as expected, she was met by a serious one. “Is this Miss Renee Hill?”
Suddenly worried, the girl’s usual bubbly voice turned quiet, “Yes it is. May I ask who is calling?”
There was a moment of stale silence before the deep voice spoke, “This is Constable Paul Redmond, and I’m very sorry to inform you, Miss Hill, but your parents and brother were involved in a very serious car accident and all passed away at the scene.”

The girl tried to keep composure, but failed to do so. Tears sprang to her eyes and her voice was completely choked up as she finished her short talk with the police officer. Just like that, her whole family was gone.


Trying to escape her lonely life, she left her hometown the day after the funerals and moved to a small tropical beach town. It was for the past three months she lived there.

Deciding to end her pity party, the young woman brought her dishes from her meal inside, before getting changed into her bikini and heading to the beach. Unlike back at home, her former home rather, (when she had to travel five hours to visit a decent beach,) she only had to walk a few feet away from her house to lie on the sand.

The girl walked down the porch steps from her house and was greeted by the warm of sand creeping between her toes. She let out a happy sigh as she walked through the sand, until she was just close enough to the water. Renee decided to forget using a towel and just lay on the sand, letting the warmth sooth her body as well as her mind.

Her ears were met by silence aside from the soft sound of waves crashing to the shore and of the hum being emitted from the wind. Her body lay so still, it would appear lifeless to a passerby, aside from the tiny movement of her thumb making circles in the sand.

Renee spent the day lying by the water, dozing off occasionally. She fidgeted with her hands a few times, but otherwise remained still through the entirety of the afternoon. Soon, the sun began to set, making the scene appear almost picturesque to the girl in the middle of the scene. When the sun disappeared behind the ocean, though, she stood up and headed back to her house; her home.

When she reached the classy beach-styled home, only a few seconds later the girl immediately retreated to her bedroom. There, she dug through and pulled things from her closet, which was overflowing with clothes –ranging from sweats to fancy dresses.- After laying a couple of possible outfits on her bed, she stood back a few feet and gave them all a one-over. She placed her index finger on her chin as she surveyed her possibilities. After a few seconds had passed, she took a few steps forward, so she was standing beside her bed. Renee ran her fingers down the fabric of a royal blue dress before tossing it to the floor, deciding against wearing it. Then, she reached for a bright pink strapless dress. The young woman held it in her hands for a brief moment before coming to a decision that this would be the basis of the outfit she was going to wear.

The girl stripped out of her previous outfit and slipped into the pink dress that had previously lay before her. From there, she slipped into the mid-sized ensuite. She left her hair in it natural beachy waves and added a few layers of makeup to her face. After doing so, she did a once-over in the mirror before heading back out of her house.

She walked down her driveway before unlocking and climbing up into her SUV. It was something else she spent her inheritance on.

The drive was only about twenty minutes; she was there before she knew it. Renee parked her car in the back lot and hopped out. As she walked towards the building, she scanned her surroundings. This was the place she spent most of her nights since she moved to the area.

As Renee walked in, she felt numb; the blasting music and hypnotising lights always did it to her. Maybe that’s why she always came here; it let her forget everything that was wrong. And the drinks were good too.

The long-legged blonde made a bee-line for the bar portion of the club. For it being fairly early, the place was packed; just something else she loved about the area: the residents partied hard. It also helped that it was August; tons of tourists were around due to bring on summer break or holidays.

After pushing by more than handful of people, she was at the bar. Renee sat down on one of the barstools closest to her and put her elbows on the bar. Within a few seconds, a bartender was in front of her. He was one she recognized from previous visits; a male, probably in his mid-twenties, fairly short dark hair with bits of a beard starting to grow in.

“And what would you like Miss?” The man sent her a wink.
The girl didn’t reply to the wink, but just ran her hand through her blond hair, “I’ll start with a margarita, thanks.” She sighed lazily, making her charm appear effortless; Hell, it practically was.

The drink was slid in front of her about a minute later. Also in front of her, was the bartender. He leaned over the bar as she sipped on her drink.

“So what’s your name?” He asked, his voice sounding deep and husky to her, with his breath tickling her neck.

The girl drowned the rest of her drink quickly, before leaving her empty glass and the man at the bar.

She pushed her way onto the dance floor and pulled in the closest man to her. He openly obliged and instantly pressed his front to her back.
Their body’s moved to the beat of the song and they quickly grew tired and sweaty. After a few songs, the body behind Renee stopped the swaying. The girl turned around; finally getting a good look at the boy she spent the past few songs with. She had to look up; noticing how tall he was. He had mid-length brown hair that flipped at the sides, and deep brown eyes to match. She also noticed that he appeared to be growing in a beard and moustache. Good looking and probably about her age; why not. Her eyes trailed down a tiny bit, catching the smirk on the man’s face.

“Wanna go get’ta drink?” The man asked.
Renee nodded eagerly; she was desperate for a buzz, “That would be great.”

The two walked over to the bar, and Renee intentionally led the man over to the opposite side she was on previously; no need to run into that bartender again.

The blonde man ordered a beer, while Renee settled for a strong fruity drink. After sharing a couple more drinks, they two fled back to the dance floor.

The night continued as so; splitting time between the bar and the dance floor, where things were getting more heated by the minute.

A while later, a slower song blasted through the club. The floor was fuller than before, if that was possible, and the two were feeling a bit too tipsy.

Renee spun around in the man’s arms, so they were facing each other. She pulled him by the collar of his shirt; bring their bodies closer together. As the song played, the man started kissing down the blonde girl’s neck. As he found her soft sport, she let out a slight moan as her head flew back and her body melted into his. After regaining a little bit of self control, the two swung along-side the beat of the music for a few more seconds before Renee leaned in and bit on the man’s lip. He responded eagerly; pulling her in closer and running his tongue along her lip. Her mouth opened; slightly agape, allowing entrance. She strung her arms around his neck, and toyed with his hair as he ran circles along her waist. It gave her shivers even through the material of her dress.

The man was the first to pull away, “Wanna get outta here?” He asked.

Renee grabbed his hand and pulled him along to the door. The two stumbled out of the club.

“I’m staying a few minutes away from here,” The man’s voice slurred slightly, and he took the lead.

Within a few minutes and several falls later, the two young adults reached a fairly large beach house. The idea to look closely at the house was put aside as the man pushed his lips upon hers as he unlocked the door.

The two made it inside before stripping down. Renee was pushed onto a bed, which was conveniently near the entrance of the house. The man reattached his lips to hers and explored all depths of her body throughout the night.

The next morning, Renee woke up with a headache and sore body in general. She was sure she’d feel worse if she wasn’t used to this kind of thing, but she was. Nearly every night it was the same thing; she was the hunter and he was the fox. She just needed someone for the night to fill the emptiness that had been left in her heart those years ago, and this did the trick.

The girl slid out from under the man’s body and exited the bed. She walked past the counter where she saw his driver’s licence lying.

Josh Bailey.

Every night it was passion, just to be forgotten about in the morning. He was just another baby to her; just another name to add to her list and just another void filled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this didn't turn out exactly as I wanted it to, but I had to rush to finish it off. I know it's a bit of a stretch from the original theme of the contest, but with the meaning of the song, I just found it necessary.

I hope you liked it! Thanks!