‹ Prequel: Tell the Truth
Status: Do not leave me! Im so close to getting to another update

Tell Me Lies

No Exceptions

"You deserve better, someone with more, experience." I press my back against a wall as I eavesdrop into the monologue Marissa has been repeating to Lucas while she sat on his lap.

"She can't love you as much as I can."

Lucas' silence obviously doesn't ruin her shot into trying to talk Lucas into a night in bed with her.

"I love you, and I know you still love me-"

"I love Esther." Lucas states as if it isn't news to him.

"Then why are you here, with me?!"

"Hey," a small husky whisper caught me off guard and I jumped up, trying to hold in a squeal. I knew who this was and I wasn't going to even talk to him. "Is he ignoring you?" Niko asks, meeting my eyes.

I arch my eyebrow at him and continue to listen to Marissa.

"Like you are with me?"

I bite my lip from feeling any guilt towards Niko as still listen. Marissa keeps talking about how I'm probably the worst in bed and what not. This was getting tiring and I didn't want to keep on listening.

At least he still loves me right? I feel my heart drop. It's good, I mean, Lucas and I will get married, probably live in our own place together. We'll travel, make love and have two beautiful children. The perfect life. the life that I want and Lucas will do anything to accomplish it.

Lucas will do anything for me.

Except leave me for see Paul. My heart drops again.

"You know we're gunna have to talk about this, I can wait," Niko states, leaning his weight onto the wall I pressed my ear on. My stomach drops as I feel guilty for ignoring him. my eyes flicker to his honey brown ones and they stay there, he smiles apologetically.

I know he didn't mean to be all sudden, and like an asshole by just that smile. I nod a bit before realizing what I was doing, it was his fault Lucas wasn't with me now, and I focus on Marissa. Frowning a bit as I heard more talk about how I'm not good enough.

Which is true, I'm not good enough, I'm not even sure if I'm over Paul let alone able to marry Lucas.

"Come on," Niko whispers offering his hand to trail me away from them. It's clear that he can read my facial expressions, but who can't?

"You don't need to hear this, Lucas won't do anything to hurt you, you can trust him." I eye his hand again, hoping it was just an easy prank for me.

"You need some air," Niko mumbles, eying me.

I grab his hand and feel more guilt spill through me as Cynthia catches a glimpse at us and disappointed gazes into my eyes.

Niko smiles a bit before realizing that he was smiling and keeps his straight facial expression.

Our steps were cautious and quiet. That wasn't the reason Lucas was in the hallway and away from Marissa. His eyes catch mine instantly as he figured I was there the whole time listening to Marissa. Then his gaze falls to Niko and I's hands locked. My eyes drop to the floor for a moment.

I was certain he hated me. My gaze raises to find Lucas glaring at Niko, flexing his jaw, then glared at me.

Yell at me, Lucas. I wanted to tell him.

Call me a whore, scream at me, do something.

He takes in a deep breath through his mouth and my eyes widen, hopeful that he will yell at me, but he doesn't.

Lucas spins back around and grabs Marrissa's hand trailing them both upstairs. Disappointment fills my emotions and I bite my lip, guilty that I hurt him once again. "Lucas," I whisper, knowing he could hear me, they all could, but Lucas doesn't stop and Marrissa doesn't want him to.

Will they... My eyes start to water as I think of the possibilities. My grip loosens but Niko holds on tighter, knowing I needed a hand to hold. Their steps quietly made it to Marrissa's room. Jealousy hit me hard across the face. He wouldn't dare do anything.

"He won't tap that, not tonight, he's too hurt." Niko mumbles walking a few steps in front of me so he was in my view.

"He knows we aren't doing anything, he just needs to blow off some steam."

I bite my lip and look away from Niko, before dropping his hand and walking away.

I don't need this, I spent most of my childhood and teenage years filled with drama. That's the last thing I need in here.

It took me a moment to realize I was following the steps of Lucas and Marrissa. My feet froze for a while before I turned back around and walked where I came from.

Niko leaned on the railing at the bottom of the stairs, holding back a smirk, then offered his hand again as I reached the last step.

"Do I get an exception for today?" I ask, specifically asking about me being pranked for the day. My eyes land on his honey brown ones, as I arch my eyebrow.

"No exceptions, you know that." His smirk widens but he doesn't drop his hand.

"Fine." I whisper holding his hand and walked with him in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
No, nothing will happen between Niko and Esther....yet. Hey! Comments will make me update a lot faster, I hope you guys know that :]

ALSO! I would love to know what you think about this story, how is the story going so far? Add me as a friend, message me, I do not bite and I am not as popular as you might think so just be giving.

After all Thanksgiving is coming soon, so maybe there will be a very giving gift for you fans and black Friday will be a nice gift too huh? So comment, it's all about the giving and returns here.