You're Never Gonna Find It if You're Looking for It

What The Hell Is Wrong With You!?

“Hazel….Hazel, come on. Get up.” Zoë said, rubbing my back in bed.

I only grumbled in return.

“You can’t let a guy ruin you life like that. Especially since you weren’t even going out.”

“I just don’t see much point in really anything. Whenever I find something I love, it belongs to someone else. It’s total shit, I’m fucking done.” I growled at her.

She sighed, and then suddenly jumped off my bed. “I have an idea…”

“What?” I asked, looking up at her. She only smiled maniacally.

“You’ll see.” She shut my door quickly, and I rushed out of bed.

“Zoë! ZOE, what are you going to do?”

“Something I might regret, but I love you, so I’m going to do it.” Zoë said, shutting the front door behind her.

I would have chased after her…but I wasn’t sure if this side of her was entirely safe to mess with.

You’d probably never guess it by looking at the small figure that is Zoë, but she can be a total maniac when no one stops her. She’s like the hulk, okay until you piss her off. Then she totally changes to this whacked out girl that will go out of her way to do what’s on her mind.

Whatever she was planning on doing now, I was slightly terrified. Though I guess, if she was doing it to make me happy, it can’t be all that bad…

…Right?

***************

Oh God…how wrong I was proven to be.

I got a phone call from her later that night.

She was in jail.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell are you in jail?” I asked, slightly drunk.

“Well, I went out and stalked that little bitch that Jeph was going out with. I didn’t do much to her or anything, but she called the cops.”

“Dude, what’d you do?”

“I just…to put it simply, I bullied her around. She kind of threw herself around to make it look worse then it actually was, though.”

“Dude, that fucking blows.”

“Yeah, dude, I know. I have to stay the night in here, and my time is pretty much up. So I’ll talk to you when I get out.”

“Oh alright. Talk to you tomorrow then…”

“Yup, bye.” She hung up.

See what I told you?

She’s like the fucking hulk.

But what can I say? We’ve been best friends for what seems like forever. She kicks more ass then any of my other friends ever have. I was going to stick with Zoë. She’s badass like that.

I got totally trashed that night. I think I had at least 15 beer cans lying around in random spots on the floor. I woke up with the worst hang over in the world. And worst of all, Zoë wasn’t there to bring me my normal Advil and water.

So I lied in bed for about an hour, thinking about everything that’s really happened since I met Jeph. Then, I finally got the will power to get up and actually get the Advil.

It had been so long since I’d gotten them myself that I actually forgot where they were. Maybe it was an after-effect of the alcohol, but I’m not too sure.

Hey…I had to work today. Imagine that. This is the only day where I have this bad of a hangover, and I have to work.

I was going to be late if I didn’t get showered and eat within a half an hour.

I took a lightening bolt speed shower, and got out two breakfast bars I didn’t even know I had.

I made it just barely in time to the dead end coffee shop I worked at.
And, without any shock in the world, whom else would I see there?

Jeph was sitting at a table in the back with Bert, and his gaze was stuck on me.

The girl who was working before me left just as I was coming in, so I was running the whole place by myself. Great…. fucking grand and peachy.

I started to work for a little bit, before Bert came up to the counter.

“Umm, I’ll have the explanation of what happened to Jeph’s girlfriend, as large as you’ve got.” He said.

“Would you like it to be sugar coated?” I asked.

“Sugar’s sweet, but not right now.”

“Well, I guess apparently Zoë just kind of stalked her around and threatened her. I don’t know how, she failed to tell me. But then, Jeph’s girlfriend beat herself up to make it look worse. Then she called the cops.”

“Yeah, I never really liked Katrina. I’m pretty sure she’s the most preppy girl Jeph’s ever dated. You stood much higher of a chance of Jeph liking you then her.”

“Well how come he was so touchy feely around her when I went to that café?”

“Because he wanted to make her happy, and he knew their relationship was falling apart anyways. He broke up with her last night.”

“What for?”

“Well, let’s see here. 1). He likes you more than he’d ever like her, 2). She’s an overdramatic.”

I sighed in defeat. Okay, Bert had definitely won it. Jeph liked me more then he liked Hazel.

“So is that what he was trying to tell me that one day after he took me to the café?”

“Umm, I don’t know. Let me go ask him.” Bert ran off to go ask. Meanwhile, I took somebody’s money so they could fill their mug with coffee. Bert came back shortly after they took a seat. “He said yes.”

I smirked. “Well, what else did he want to say?”

“I don’t know, let me go get him.”

“No, Bert!” But he was off before I could protest anymore.

Jeph came back in a little bit.

“Well, what else did you want to say?” I asked.

“I-it wasn’t all t-that important…” Jeph said, obviously lying.

“Dude, just tell me. I don’t care, because I want to know if it’s about me.”

He rubbed his neck uncomfortably. Jeph obviously felt really awkward, I wonder what for?

“Would…would you like to go out on a date sometime with me?”