Status: Active

You Came Along

One of those nights

I took my words back, fast—even before we started heading towards the house where the so-called party was being held. It wasn’t going to be such a long night after all. The residence was already trashed the moment we arrived, there were men lying on the Bermuda grass at the front lawn. And the place reeked with vomit and vodka mixed together. One of Nathan’s friends came up to him; he was wearing his everyday clothes. A varsity jacket that indicated he was a part of the football team, a red frat shirt and pants. He was a bit too drunk, but he still managed to speak. “Hey man, the party’s over. There were cops everywhere!” he slurred, before falling down the blue carpet in the living room. Nathan tugged my arm and we headed to the kitchen, where Rick, the school’s most famous quarter-back, and Tiffany, the most popular chick in town slash owner of the house, were at. Tiffany’s eyes were bloodshot from crying, while Rick held her hand while rubbing her back with his other hand. “T-they t-trashed the h-house! I’m g-going t-to be so d-dead when m-my parents c-comes home.” she cried louder. Rick tried shushing her but she only pushed him away, before bolting upstairs into her room and then slamming the door so hard we heard it all the way to the kitchen.

“Shit. Nathan, got a hand? I need to get those assholes out of the house before Tiff’s parents arrive.” Rick stated, he was already sobered up. Nathan nodded and they started towards the living room, where three guys were still not finished smoking pot. “Hey, get that shit out of here and go home.” Rick commanded. Then, the three guys hurried up, took their things and scurried out of the house in a flash. There were a few broken vases, some of them may be antiques and some looked like souvenirs from different countries. “Annie.” Nathan called me, holding a cloth up. “Can you start at the kitchen please?” he asked politely. Of course, the women always stay at the kitchen. Blah. I took the cloth from his hand and headed towards the kitchen. Wow, I thought to myself. All my life, I have never agreed to clean up somebody else’s mess until now, what the hell was I doing? I shrugged the thought off and started placing the used utensils down the sink.

Just as I was about to head to the living room to go check on Nathan, a guy suddenly appeared from the under the island counter, he crawled slowly towards like that girl from The Ring. “Holy shi—“I staggered backwards; Nathan then passed by and stopped. “Hey, everything okay in there?” he asked worriedly. I nodded at him in reply, taking a step back again. He continued cleaning up, totally missing the guy who was on the floor, only an inch or two away from my feet.

“What the hell are you doing down there?!” I almost screamed. He looked so wasted and wasn’t able to answer my question. Instead, he just kept crawling until he was able to reach for my foot and he did. “Let go of my leg! Jesus!” I shook his hand off, but he just held tighter. His hand grasped my leg and I wasn’t able to move. “You better let go of my leg or I swear I’ll send you straight to your grave.” And with that, he let go. He slowly turned his head and looked up on me. His blue eyes meeting mine, his long dark mullet hair was tousled and it covered most part of his face. “You are drunk as fuck.” I stated. He then giggled softly before turning unto his back. And by then, I got a good look on his face. His cheeks were flushed and his lips were extremely red and it was swelling bit, like he was punched or something. He was beyond wasted and he was wearing a Nirvana shirt. ‘Must be in a band’, I thought to myself again. “Can y-you help me up?” he spoke. “Pleaaase.” He said, slurring. I bent down and took his hand before pulling him up with force that he staggered in front of me. “Oops!” he said playfully, and then regained his balance and just stood there in front of me. Then there was that long awkward silence between two complete strangers. I broke that silence off by clearing my throat and carrying on to washing the used utensils. However, the guy just stood there still. “You know, you’re going to start puking if you don’t sit down and sober up.” I said softly, not even bothering to look at him.

As I was almost done cleaning everything and putting it back to its designated place, I saw the guy sat himself down on one of the elevated plastic chairs at the island counter. “I’m thirsty.” He grumbled. He folded both his arms down the counter and rested his head in between it. “Here” I said, placing a glass of water in front of him. He looked up and took the glass, “thanks.” He mumbled, before chugging it down.

“You should really head home or sober up or whatever.” I stated before retreating to the sink. Wait, what am I thinking? Washing dishes at someone else’s house? Serving water to a wasted, but cute, stranger? And now, what? Acting like a concerned Mother? Seriously Annie, this has to stop.

He got up from the chair and took the glass with him and headed to the sink. “Thanks again.” he kind of mumbled. “I should go.” He added. His eyes were still in contact with mine. “Okay.” I replied, diverting my attention to the empty sink.

“I’m Alex by the way.” He blurted out, raising his hand. He seemed a bit sobered up now since he wasn’t staggering anymore. It was then that I’d realized how good-looking he really was; his eyes gleamed even if he looked really hammered. I took his hand and shook it, totally forgetting the fact that I should be avoiding contact with people. “Annie.” I replied, with a smile.

He smiled charmingly before walking to the front door, stepping out and closing the door oh-so-gently behind him. And I was there, smiling foolishly and wonderstruck by how perfect he looked, regardless of his whole existence that smelled like Vodka and vomit all together.

But this wasn’t supposed to happen. Me, smiling like an idiot in front of this guy named Alex isn’t supposed to happen. I think I might have lost control over this, over myself. And these stirrings I feel, I don’t quite understand. And I think I don’t like it at all.
Maybe, this would all be gone tomorrow Morning. Just maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there. Sorry it took me a long time to follow this up, I don't know. I guess I started looking for inspiration and this kind of slipped my mind. But anyway I am back on track! I changed the whole appearance though, have you noticed?

Haha! Still, comments are much appreciated.