Status: Patience, young grasshopper, is a virtue.

Seize the Day

party

Allie jumped from her window ledge and landed straight into Kelly’s arms. A thrill ran through her that only intensified when Kelly smiled at her.

“You cool?” he asked and set her on her feet.

Thank God she had changed clothes and put on some make-up since going upstairs. Her original plan had been to change at Caitlyn’s house and be dropped off at Kelly’s, but obviously that had to change since she couldn’t even leave the fucking house.

All was good now though. She was wearing a denim miniskirt and her favorite feather print tank that looked great against her skin—not to mention it made her boobs look awesome. Allie wondered if Kelly noticed things like that about her and seriously hoped he did. Sometimes it felt as though he was attracted to every girl but her.

She brushed her fingers through her hair quickly. “Yeah. You didn’t see anything, did you?”

Kelly smirked. “Well…I’m not going to say I didn’t.”

Allie smacked his arm and felt her face heat up. She was grateful that it was nighttime and he couldn’t see her blush; she always looked like a tomato. “Let’s just go. I need a drink.”

“And I need to get laid,” he chimed in.

Allie plastered on a smile. When he said things like that it made her want to cry—did he not see her? Was she just some asexual being?

“Like any girl would want to sleep with you,” she joked. She could think of more girls than see could count on her fingers and toes that would willingly throw themselves right into Kelly’s pants. They all probably had a better shot at him than she did.

They snuck out of her background, Kelly boosting her over the fence before throwing himself over, and ran to his crappy VW. It used to be a bright lime green back in the ‘70s but the paint was all but gone now. The radio didn’t even work anymore.

“I’m surprised your car hasn’t keeled over yet,” Allie said once they were safely in the car and driving off. She gave her house the bird before they turned the corner.

Kelly rubbed the dashboard affectionately. “Don’t talk about my baby like that.”

Allie laughed. “Whatever loser.” She manually rolled down the window. “Got a smoke?”

“Glove compartment,” he said shortly.

She opened it up and grabbed the carton of cigarettes and a lighter. Allie wouldn’t say she was addicted per se—it was just that she felt the need to being doing something with her hands every time she was alone with Kelly. She needed to distract herself.

Allie watched Kelly drive while she smoked. Every now and then he would look over and grin cutely at her, and she wanted nothing more than to run her fingers through that mop of curly brown hair of his. And Allie was positive that his eyes—his marvelous brown eyes—were the only eyes worthy of the cliché “eyes that sparkle”.

Although Allie lived for parties, she knew that this one wouldn’t be her style. It was going to be a college party and she would know no one. Except for Kelly. She planned on gluing herself to his side so he wouldn’t dare leave her alone. After all, he was the one she came for.

She put her feet up on the dashboard to show off her long legs. She’ll be damned if she goes through the night without receiving a compliment from him.

“Legs down, Riles.”

Allie glared at him and blew smoke in his direction. “Fuck you, Parker.”

He grinned. “Don’t tempt me.”

Her stomach turned to jelly and her legs fell back down. Breathe in, breathe out. He was more unpredictable than the weather here, and infinitely more confusing than the things they try throwing at her at school. Was she one of the boys or was she his sexy friend that also just happens to be a girl?

“Are we there yet?” she asked. She flicked her cigarette out the window and let her hand get caught in the cool night air.

“Almost. You sure you can handle this, baby Riles?” He looked at her and smirked tauntingly. “There’s going to be lots of big men trying to get into that short little skirt of yours.”

She rolled her eyes. “So then it’s not so different from a high school party.”

Kelly laughed. “You’ll see.”

*


“Shit,” Allie cursed to herself as she pushed through the crowds of drunk and sweaty people. Another dude grabbed her ass and she ignored it.

Damn Kelly for ditching her as soon as they made their appearance. He was off to chase some tail and left her to fend all for herself. It was almost immediately when she was approached by several guys—none of them quite her taste. Kelly was. Unfortunately, Kelly was also an asshole.

She ran straight into a very broad chest and was pressed even more against him by the rude people making their way by. Allie looked up at him to apologize, but he cut her off with a smile. “You look like you need a drink.”

Allie groaned. Whatever appeal the college boy had disappeared with those seven words.

He chuckled. “I’m guessing that wasn’t your first offer.”

“Not by a long shot.” She tried not to frown. She hated those people that acted so miserable at parties—it just made them look stupid. Why would they be there in the first place?

Well, she was certainly more understanding of them now.

“I’m Alex,” he introduced himself. He stuck out his hand, but in their forced proximity it was sort of just wedged between them.

Allie shook it and felt a smile coming on. “Allie.” At that moment, another douche bag pushed their way through and she was shoved into Alex’s chest again. She smiled apologetically.

He grinned. Allie decided that he was cute and much more decent than the others guys she’d met here—so far.

Allie wasn’t too surprised when he took her by the hand and led her out of the heavy crowd. They temperature dropped about a hundred degrees and returned to normal when they reached outside. The music still pounded and there were others around them, but at least they could talk without shouting.

She sat down on the steps as a couple made their way out of the frat house and towards what she assumed would be one of their dorms. Alex sat down too, at a respectable distance.

“You don’t go here, do you?” Alex said it like he already knew the answer.

Allie sighed. She was tempted to just kick off her heels and be done with this whole night. “Nope. A friend of mine has some friends here or whatever.”

“And so far it sucks?” he guessed again.

“Pretty much. He ditched me.”

Alex hadn’t been anticipating that her friend had been male, but he took it in stride. “What kind of loser ditches someone as pretty as you?”

Allie smiled at him, but she wasn’t falling for it. He thought she was pretty for all the wrong reasons. And she wasn’t going to sleep with him no matter what he said. “Thanks. Tell him that, would you?” She laughed bitterly.

Alex offered her his cup and she took it gratefully, throwing back what was left. The alcohol tingled on her tongue and warmed her stomach. She was pretty sure that after avoiding so many things, it had been her first drink all night. How sad.

This party was just one big fucking mistake. Kelly was probably off fucking the brains out of some girl and she was stuck sitting on some steps.

She could have fun too. In fact, that was why she was honored enough to be friends with the great Kelly Parker; they both had the wild streak that wasn’t easily satisfied.

So why the hell was she not enjoying herself? That needed to change. Now.

She scooted closer to Alex. “So you really think I’m pretty?”

He nodded eagerly. “The prettiest girl at the party. By far.”

Allie grinned at him. That always felt nice.

She rested a hand on his thigh and bit her lip. Fuck you, Kelly, she thought, and snaked her hand around the back of his neck to drag his lips down to meet hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
No subscribers. No comments.

Image