Shameless

Uno

"Caiden! Mom said to start getting ready for school, bro." My twin brother, Alex, walked out as soon after telling me this. It was 4:30 in the morning, I had been up for a half hour now. Sticking my head out the door I saw him drinking a Pepsi on the stairs.

"You mean she's sober?" I joked, almost making him choke. Before he died, Grandpa Ellis(Our mom's dad) told us about our moms drinking problems and how that was 90% of the reason we came about(our mom had us at 15). The three years since then, we've teased her about it. Last year, when our dad got himself blown up fighting for his country(I know, thats not a good way to put it, but he really was blown up-- Car bomb), Mom started teasing us about liking boys. Alex, being the laid back jokester he is, would joke along. Me, I would bite my lip and leave the room because I was the only one, besides my dad, that knew I was gay. My mom didn't know until 3 months ago, when she walked in on me and my then boyfriend, Matt, making out. I had no choice but to tell her the truth. Oh my god! Sorry. I got sidetracked. Let's get back to Alex almost choking on his soda.

"Yup, she's clean. Now go get dressed, gay boy" he said. I rolled my eyes and went back into my room. Grabbing my girl jeans, a faded Ten Feet Under With A Knife shirt, and a deathbat hoodie before going to shower. Unlike my brother, I took really quick showers. He took like an hour, I took only fifteen minutes. I quickly dried off and got dressed before I went downstairs, only to find my mom reading an article called "Raising Teen Boys" in a magazine. "Good morning Caiden"she said as I sat on the counter with a handful of cherries and some V8. Thats another thing about me, I only eat meat in extreme situations.

"Mornin' Maman. Where did Alex go?" I said.

"Walmart. Last minute school supplies. Don't forget to pack your lunch." she said. I walked over to the cabinets and frowned when I opened them.

"Um, Mom? The cabinets are empty and we only have V8 and cherries in the fridge" I said. She looked up and frowned.

"You have a car, go get something. I'll go grocery shopping later." she handed me my debit card and I grabbed my bag. I would just go on to school after I was done at Walmart. "Have a good day, Caiden!" She yelled as I opened the door.

"LOVE YOU MOM!" I yelled back, closing the door behind me. Oh what today would bring.

-Breydon-

"Come on Kennedy, sleep!" I yawned as I begged my three month old brother to sleep. He just cried harder. I was running late, and he wasn't helping it. So I just changed him and placed him in him carseat before I grabbed his pacifier. He stopped crying long enough for me to grab my bag and get to the car. I quickly pulled out and drove to Walmart.

"Good morning, Breydon" Alexa, the manager, said as I walked in. She was in my science class.

"Good morning, Alexa. Remember, science test today in Walkins." I said going and getting formula and diapers. As I walked to school supplies, I bumped into someone. A boy about my age.

Damn, he's cute. Wait! Shut up Breydon! He's probably straight

"Oh! Sorry, that was my fault. I'm Caiden" he said.

"Oh, ha-ha. Sorry. No sleep last night. I'm Breydon" I said. He smiled. God, his smile made my knees weak. Ugh! I had to stop this. '

"Cute kid. He yours?" he asked pointing to my little brother.

"Oh, I take care of him. He's my brother, Kennedy. My dad died and my mom walked out on us a month ago. And my grandma is too old to take care of him" I said. He nodded.

"Thats sweet. Well, I have to go. See you at school, Breydon" he said and left. Oh. So he went to school with me. Great.

Dear Lord, give me the strength to put up with my brother and his asshole friends today.