Crumbling Pretense

1/1

Sitting in the back of the glee room with her fellow classmates, Quinn Fabray sat with her arms rigidly crossed against her chest, just slightly resting on her baby bump. As much as she tried, she couldn’t refrain her eyes from the scene that was unfolding before her. Standing right in the center of the room with all eyes on her, Rachael Berry was singing her heart out. She was hitting every high note and causing everybody to get goose bumps.

That is everybody but Quinn.

Resisting the urge to cause a scene and run out, Quinn wrapped her arms around her swollen belly and shut her eyes. She didn’t like what she was seeing or hearing.

Quinn wasn’t stupid. She knew that Rachael was singing for Finn. Everything she done was for him. Rachael was the reason why Quinn felt the way she did nowadays. Once Rachael had Finn, Quinn felt like everything had completely collapsed under her feet. She no longer was popular, no longer had a real family; all that was left with was a baby that she wasn’t even going to keep.

Applause soon erupted from everybody around Quinn. They were all congratulating Rachael and they had all managed to put aside their true feelings for and tell her that she was probably the best performer in the whole Glee club. Finn had even gotten up from his seat to kiss her.

Secluded from it all, Quinn quietly stood up and swiftly walked to the door. Everybody was so consumed into Rachael that they didn’t notice her leaving. As soon as she walked into the hallway, her pretense crumbled.

Quinn was broken.