Status: Updated often.

Speechless

Twelve.

Everything was fucked up. It was all my fault, too.

I hated everything that I did to Adelaide. As cliche as it is, she was the best thing that happened to me and I've fucked it up. She didn't deserve to be hurt the way I hurt her. I was fucked up on drugs. I just wanted her to talk. Now that she has, I didn't want to hear what she had to say.

I believed she was still angry about me hurting her, but I'm sure she doesn't hate me. I still had a chance, right? I wanted nothing more than a second chance. I wanted to show her the real me, the permanently sober me. I would not give up. I had one week to get her to come back to me. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but was I able to accomplish it?

I strolled inside the clothing store Ads was working in yesterday and walked up to the front counter.

"Aye. Can yeh tell meh where Ads lives? It's really important." I asked the red head behind the counter. Neither Ads nor the girl she was joking with yesterday were at work today. Perfect.

The red haired girl nodded as she stared at me with wide eyes. "Yeah, sure, you're Matt Nicholls, aren't you?" She gasped when I nodded and let out a loud squeal before writing Ads' address down. She smiled big as she handed it to me.

"Thanks, love." I nodded once before exiting the store.

---

"Red roses, or these purple things?" I asked Oli as I stared down at the flowers. He rolled his eyes and pointed to the roses.

"Just get those an' let's go 'fore I grow a vagina." He huffed as I paid the lady for the flowers. I sent him a smirk before shaking my head.

"Yeh already have one, mate, chill yeh shit. Now go away, I'm about to hunt down Ads." I stated as I pulled the address out from my pocket. I scanned over the words before saying bye to Oli, who walked in the wrong direction toward what he thought was the hotel. I didn't say anything. It would be funny later.

I had to ask a few people for directions before I finally got to the apartment building Ads' stayed in. I looked at the paper for the floor and apartment number then walked inside and up the stairs to her floor. I found her apartment a few minutes later and knocked on the door, wasting no time. I needed to see her.

"Jen, I told you, it's no-" She stopped as she opened the door and saw it was me, and not this so-called Jen person.

"Aye, Ads. Can I talk teh yeh?" I asked, showing her the roses. She looked pretty pissed to see me at first, but her expression softened when she saw the roses. I knew that would work.

She nodded her head as she smelled the roses then walked off to put them in a vase of water. She sat them in the middle of her kitchen table before she walked into the living room and sat on the couch. She looked up at me with raised eyebrows.

"Well, talk." She stated simply. I nodded as I walked over to her and sat down beside her. I took her hands in mine and was surprised when she didn't pull away.

"I still love yeh, Ads, more than anything. And when yeh left, I sobered up fast. Since that day, not one drug had entered meh body. Ask any of the guys. I even went teh rehab. I lost yeh and it tore meh apart, but I still stayed away from drugs and alchohol. Teh be honest, I really need yeh. These past two years have been rough without yeh. I can't get yeh out of meh head. Yeh like meh own personal brand of heroin. Yeh the only drug I need." I let out a small laugh as I finished, feeling the heat rise up in my cheeks. I've never admitted any of this to any one before. She was the only one who needed to hear it any ways,

She sighed before looking down at our hands. "I still love you, too, Matt, but I don't know if I can trust you again. You put me through a lot. I told you what my mom and I went through when she did drugs. You were worse than her. You fucking scared me to death. I really thought you were going to end up killing me."

I let one of her hands go to rub my face as I sighed. I felt fucking terrible, still, for the way I treated her. I never wanted any of it to happen, but I also didn't want to give up drugs then. Now, I'd give up any thing to just be with her again.

"Look, I'm only here for six more days. If I can prove teh yeh that I've changed and that I won't ever put meh hands on yeh like that or talk teh yeh like that ever again in the next six days, will yeh come back with meh?"

She stopped my free hand from rubbing my face and held it in her own as she thought for a minute. "Honestly. I've tried to forget about you and I can't. You were my first real love and I always thought you would be my last. Ever since I moved here, I haven't had a boyfriend because I haven't been able to get over you, no matter what you've done. If you can prove to me in the next six days that you've changed, I'll come back with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
(;