Status: great amazing

Bad Boy Best Friends With Good Girl

jealousy? what are you talking about?

Sunday passed uneventfully and soon, it was Monday again. Ethan didn't come over on Sunday and so far I hadn't seen him at school yet. I knew that he had come back on Saturday night because the window was open when I woke up, but it was obvious that he had left quickly when he realized I was asleep. Texting him wouldn't work. He was probably with Anna anyways.

The events on Saturday still affected me to some degree even though I didn't want to admit it. Why did he decide to walk Anna back home? And what was their 'project' about? I knew I said that I would trust him, but currently, it was proving to be a rather difficult task.

Opening my locker before homeroom, I discovered a slip of paper that was obviously dropped in previously. Reading it quickly, I smiled at what it said. It was another invitation for the Art Club. They were discussing the 'art-fair' again. Not like there was going too much to discuss. Hazel probably had it all planned out already. I decided to go nonetheless. After all, it was a personal invitation given by the President. And who could turn that down?

I was still a little skeptical about the events that had happened on my little shopping escapade. Maybe Ethan was right when he said Nathan was a fake. But then again, who could doubt those beautiful blue soulful eyes? My head felt like it was going to die from stress. When did my life get so complicated?

"I see that you got my invitation," I heard a voice behind me say. "You're coming right?"

Turning around quickly, I found myself staring at perfection. I had forgotten just how amazingly beautiful he was over the weekend. It was like he was a shining star; I could feel the gazes on us (or rather, him) already.

Instantly smiling, I nodded. "Of course I'm going. Same room same time right?"

"Yeah. Just don't get lost again. Or crash into people," he joked, an irresistible twinkle in his eye.

"I'll try, I'll try, but I probably won't get far without your wonderful guidance, Oh High One," I replied back, mocking a bow.

It wasn't like me to initiate a conversation with a person of the opposite gender, but something about him just made me want to keep on talking. Take that joke for example; when did I get so confident to even think of saying that? But it was said and done. Plus, it wasn't like he got mad.

"Now that you mention it, I have the perfect fix to that situation." Taking my phone out of my back pant's pocket in one graceful movement, he quickly typed in ten digits; obviously his number. Returning the phone in my shocked hands, he winked and walked away.

"See you at 2:30!" he shouted over his shoulder.

I still couldn't believe that Nathan had given me his number. Out of all the possibilities, he chooses to become friends with me? A basic nobody? Letting out a dreamy sigh, I leaned back in my chair, waiting for fourth period to start. It didn't matter what was thrown at me today. I was in a beyond happy mood and nothing could ruin that.

"And what are you so happy about today?" Ethan asked, suddenly appearing next to my desk.

Jumping, I placed my hand on my heart. "Geez you scared me. Don't do that ever again." And then realizing his question, I hesitated. Should I answer it truthfully? Considering his reaction to Nate the other night, he definitely wouldn't be happy to know that he had given me his number. And I didn't want him mad at me again. But then again, if I were to lie and have him find out, his anger was going to be a hell of a lot worse.

"Oh it's nothing. Just another invite to the Art Club," I said casually. And that was partially true. I was excited for the meeting, but it wasn't the real reason for my good spirits. But what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him right?

"Another one?" he asked, his voice containing an edge of annoyance.

Why was he irritated now? There wasn't anything wrong with the Art Club right?

"So you'll be seeing that dumb president again right?" he added, in a softer, more toned down voice.

And then I made the connection as he said those words. Nathan was the club president. Thus, if I spent more time around the Art Club, I would be spending more time around Nathan, which obviously disagreed with Ethan on every level.

"Probably not. Since he's the President, he'll have more important duties than a meeting right?" I didn't know why but I denied and lied about Nathan. It felt like we were in a secret relationship or something. Frowning at the thought, I was actually glad when the teacher came in and class began.

What was happening to me?

I arrived at the art club at 2:30 sharp, proud that I made it in time without any help. The room was already jam-packed though and I made my way to the back again. This time however, no one stared at me. Hazel, the speaker this time, was already on the platform and she had this irritated look on her face, obviously impatient for everyone to be quiet and listen to her. It was weird how it went. When I wasn't apart of the Art Club, I used to look up to Hazel, but now that I got to know her a little better, she seemed to be one of the most disagreeable people I had ever met. Of course she was an amazing artist and the vice-president so even if I wanted to, I couldn't express my thoughts out loud.

Once again, I didn't see Nathan at all. Looks like he really does have more important stuff to do, I thought. A bit of disappointment flew through my body even though I would never admit it. I didn't like him like that, but he seemed to have a quality that drew people in. Plus, I always seemed to have the most agreeable conversations with him. He was a people-person. That was one thing that I was sure of.

"Thank you all for coming again today. As you all know, the art fair is coming up … " Hazel had started talking and I snapped back out of my thoughts. Even though her voice seemed to bore me to sleep, I did my best to pay attention and listen. Eventually, however, I found myself doodling in my notebook. It couldn't be helped! Most of the people in the room looked bored out of their minds too; I wasn't the only one. After thirty minutes, she still seemed to have stuff to say and that's when I just fully zoned out. In fact, I didn't even realize when she stepped down and Nathan walked up the platform. It wasn't until he actually started talking did I notice.

"President here!" he said in his amiable voice, making me immediately perk up and start paying attention. "I just wanted to inform you guys that for this year's Art-Fair, we will be holding a contest. There will be three prizes and first place will get their piece displayed at the college fair. It is an amazing opportunity for all you beginner artists out there. Of course, all you old seniors like me can join too, but it's mainly for the novices or the new club members. Feel free to draw, paint, sketch, watercolor, or whatever you feel like doing as long as it's a piece of art. The topic is broad-ranged and there aren't really any restrictions. Just don't copy and do your best and you'll be fine. I can't wait to see the entries!" With a wink and wave, he walked off the platform. Immediately, a lively and excited chatter swept over the room. Everyone who had seemed to fall asleep just five minutes ago was perfectly awake and alert now.

No one bothered asking me about my ideas or thoughts, but then again, I had only been to two meetings. I understood that. All the more reason to win and show the world what you got, I thought to myself. I was determined to win this contest. Even though it wasn't a big, known contest, it would give me the little victory that I needed to boost my confidence. Plus, Nate would be impressed and so would Ethan. A win-win situation eh?

I spent the rest of the afternoon lying on my bed, thinking of ideas for the contest. My entry would have to be original, drastically different from anything anyone had ever seen. It definitely couldn't just a painting of something; it needed to have something special, something that once seen, it couldn't be forgotten.

And I couldn't think of anything.

Four o'clock, five o'clock, six o'clock … the hours ticked by until it was entirely dark outside. Ethan hadn't come over and I didn't really care about homework so I just lay on my bed the entire afternoon. Seven o'clock, eight o'clock … Suddenly, my phone buzzed against my pocket and I woke up from my thoughts and opened it, wondering who it was. And who else would it be but Nate?

The text itself was a simple, 'just making sure i gave you the right numba =P' but I immediately was put in a happy mood, a pleasant aura surrounding me now. Responding quickly, I typed every letter down carefully to make sure there were no mistakes and sent it. Smiling now, I was just about to get out of bed when I realized Ethan was in the room.

"What is up with you and scaring people? That's already the second time today!" I shouted, scared out of my wits.

He chuckled at my expression for a second before taking my place on the bed. Crossing his legs over, he shrugged, a hint of a smirk on his lips. "Not my fault you're just un-observant."

Yeah. As much as I loved Ethan, he sure had a way of annoying me. "Excuse me?" I gasped, in a fake surprised tone, but I let it go and went downstairs to get a snack. Since I had been home alone, I hadn't bothered to make dinner but now my stomach was complaining about it. When I got up, I saw that Ethan was looking through my phone, a frown on his face.

"When did you start texting Nathan?"

I quickly snatched my phone from him and put it on the table behind me. "Why were you going through my phone?"

He ignored my question. "When did you start?" His gaze locked with mine and I could see the conflicting emotions shifting through them and I sighed.

"Just now. He gave me his number at school this morning and I had just replied to his text before you came. It's no big deal. Really."

He pursed his lips in a tight line, but nodded. Glad that he wasn't pursuing the topic, I sat down next to him. When did my life get so complicated?
♠ ♠ ♠
commentt