It's Not Easy To Be Me

Nightmares

When he was young, he would have nightmares. Terrible nightmares. Nightmares of ghouls which were within every cupboard but only came out of night when little boys, wary of the scolding that took place after wetting the bed, trekked their way through the rooms to the bathroom. Nightmares of doctors and their needles. Nightmares of the day the gun fired and the blood splattered. The latter were the wost, for when he woke up he remembered how scared and alone he felt on and after the day that had provoked the dreams.

He found comfort in super hero cartoons. Batman, Robin, and Superman all had their parents die and yet they managed to be happy and beat up bad guys without ever failing. Sometimes they came really close to losing the criminals, but they never did in the end. All of the heroes always got the bad guy, even if Mr. Freeze had frozen their legs or Lex Luthor had made a necklace out of Kryptonite.

Years later at the age of seventeen, he still had nightmares. Of course, not about cupboard-ghouls or needles. That was ridiculous. No; now violent drug dealers, suicide bombers, and sometimes a guy in bright colored clothing being killed in as many horrible ways are his twisted mind could think of occupied his mind at night.

Marcel Muerte had became a vigilante named Desperado since he was young, and now the task of ridding crime from the world rested on his shoulders.