Status: Active :3

The Last Goodbye

19th Birthday.

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I knew I must get up early. Today was very important. We would be moving Harry to a safe place tonight as the protection held over his house would break when he turned seventeen in the near future.

"Amsterdam? Are you awake?" Mad-Eye said gruffly through the door. Usually he wouldn't talk to me, but after taking the correct subjects, I was allowed to be an Auror. I was deemed to be of Mad-Eye's standards.

"Yeah." I mumbled and crawled back into the warm bed.

"Good. We've got a big day ahead of us, so we best get a move on." He growled and hobbled away, his gnarled walking stick banging the wooden floors of the Burrow.

"Oi!" Two familiar voices said from the doorway.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I whined, pulling the covers over my head. I heard the twins shuffling towards me and they shoved me onto the ground. "Ow!"

"Being awake and being up are two different things!" Fred said.

"So get up. Come on!" George said excitedly and they disappeared from the room. I pulled myself up and rubbed my weary eyes.

"Bloody hell." I muttered, looking through my trunk for some clothes. I dragged some out, quickly got changed and went downstairs.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone shouted as I got to the foot of the stairs.

"What?" I said, still half asleep.

"Have you forgotten your own birthday, Amsterdam?" George said, grinning.

"I guess I have." I said, blinking at how bright it was down here. "Is this really the time for this?"

"Of course it is." Ginny said. "We're going to do birthday stuff now, then some more when Harry gets here."

"Alright." I said, too tired to argue with anyone. "Where are my presents then?" Everyone moved aside and there were gifts wrapped up on the table. "Oh, I wasn't being serious."

"Just open them." Fred said. I plopped into a chair and Fred slided a present towards me. "This one's from me and George." I grinned and ripped it open. There were many Weasley products inside. Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-Bangs, Ton-Tongue Toffees, Patented Daydream Charms, Decoy Detonators, Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, Portable Swamps and heaps more.

"Thank you so much!" I said, jumped up and hugged them both.

"Open ours next!" Tonk said, handing me another box. I tore it open and found a little bracelet which was drowned in delicate white paper. It had little charms on them, a wolf, a wand, a broomstick, the sorting hat and other little magical things.

"I love it! Thank you." I said and tied it loosely to my wrist.

I opened more and more presents. Mad-Eye got me a book, 'Magick Moste Evile' by Godelot, the rest of the Weasleys got me Omnioculars and I got a few other little things.

"Now, we need to discuss the plan for tonight." Mad-Eye said.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my fucking fifth book of this series! FIFTH ONE! So if you haven't read the others, go back and start with "The Times I Had With Them" NO CHEATING. Okie dokie, Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets will follow soon after this story (:
-Ellie x