Status: Active :3

The Last Goodbye

Flying To Muriel's.

The broom gave a nasty lurch under both mine and Tonks weight then jerked through the air. We climbed higher and higher into the sky. Suddenly, we were surrounded in the clouds. At least thirty hooded figures, suspended in the mid-air formed a vast circle in the midst of which the Order members had risen, oblivious.

Screams, a blaze of green light on every side, we flew through the air. I left Tonks to steer and I whipped my wand out of my pocket on instinct. I sent spells in all directions, careful not to speak. I wouldn't be seen as Harry if they heard my voice.

I turned my head and a death eater, prepared to knock Tonks off my broom was on my left. I quickly aimed at the moving figure and stunned him in the face. I gasped, I didn't think I would get him. We had to stun and disarm our way through the crowds of death eaters on our tails.

Then I saw him. For the third time in my life, I had come face to face with Voldemort. He glared at me and he sent a green jet of light at me. I quickly sent the disarming charm back at him, trying to push him back midway. Just as I thought his spell was about to hit me and I was about to die, he turned his head and flew away.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I duelled Lord Voldemort and didn't die. My hands were shaking, one hand holding my wand, the other around Tonks's waist. I blinked out of my daze and reminded myself of Mad-Eye. Constant vigilence. I kept my eye out for more killing curses heading our way, but it seemed Voldemort had gone after a different Potter. Hopefully not the real one. Hopefully not Fred or George.

After much turmoil, we arrived at Ron's Auntie Muriel's house. We stumbled to the ground and an angry elderly woman came out of the house.

"Where have you been?! You've missed your portkey!" She screeched. Tonks swooped under my arm, I felt like I was going to fall. Everything was upside down.

"You-Know-Who knew we were coming tonight. Thirty of them up there, including You-Know-Who himself." Tonks panted. "You did amazing, Hayley! I'm so proud of you!" I grunted in answer, too tired to say anything.

"You'll have to fly over to The Burrow!" Muriel growled and stalked back into her house. I shook my head.

"No more... no more flying." I panted.

"Come on, Hayley. Let's get it over and done with." Tonks said. I stared at her groggily then nodded.

We stood at the barrier of the protection spells. The skies looked clear, but I kept my wand out just in case. We zipped away from Muriel's toward The Burrow.

We didn't encounter anymore death eaters on our journey, but I watched for any that could be following us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoooly jesus! What an action packed chapter.
-Ellie x