The Game

Hours later

A few hours later, Mikey sat beside Monica in French class.

The school day has half over, and she seemed quite happy. No one had messed with her today, at least not badly.

Sure some girl she didn’t know tripped her but she could deal with that.

Monica wrote on a piece of paper, folded it and tossed it to Mikey.

Partners? - Mon Mon
Everyone knew they were going to do speaking today.

Sounds good – M

He tossed it back and she smiled at him.

"Find a partner, get out your paper from yesterday and get started!" Madame Piatt clapped her hands.

Doing as told, Mikey and Monica faced each other and he began with the boring dialect on the paper.

"Le temps est beau aujourd'hui. Avez-vous d'accord? " (The weather is nice today. Do you agree?)

Not looking at her paper she replied "Oui, je le fais. Le soleil brille et le vent est chaud." (Yes , I do. The sun is shining brightly and the wind is warm.)

He chuckled and she giggled knowing the fall weather was none of the sort.

"Je veux être un chirurgien." (I want to be a surgeon)

Setting her paper on her desk, Monica improvised; "C'est une profession noble. Je veux être un cow-boy allemand nommé Gustav." (That is a noble profession. I want to be a German cowboy named Gustav.)

He laughed, a deep but musical sound. "Eh bien, Gustav, vous parlez très bien français." (Well, Gustav, you speak French very well.)

She smiled "Oui, oui, je le fais." (Yes, yes I do)

He grinned and they spoke in French completely off subject for the rest of class.

When the bell rang everyone rushed out and into the crowed hallway overflowing with people. Mikey could see over everyone's heads so he wasn’t surprised when Monica jumped on his back, locking her arms loosely around his neck.

He gripped her legs and grinned as he walked them to AP Algebra.

"I’m so TALLLLLL!" She yelled down the hall making people look up at her.

He set her down as soon as they went into the room. She got on her toes pecked his cheek and skipped to her seat.

Mikey blinked, grinned and took his seat beside her.

Mr. Burt taught the lesson for the day and gave a worksheet as usual. Monica and Mikey finished early and turned to face each other, whispering quietly.

"Why so happy?" He asked as if he didn’t know.

"Katelyn and Erin aren't here today." she beamed and her crystal blue eyes shining.

He smirked knowingly, not that she noticed.

They chatted the rest of class and Mikey carried her to Gym noticing how she had to get new gym clothes when she changed.

He sat beside her on the bleachers playfully pushing her with his shoulder, grinning.

She shoved him and grinned back.

They’d lightly flirted over the past month.

As the teacher took attendance Mikey got lost in his thoughts.

Mikey’s POV***
I wonder if anyone else messes with Monica. Katelyn would appreciate company, someone to watch die like Erin.

I still need to cremate her, I’ll do that after I do my homework. Holy god Monica is so hot. She’s dainty and petite, so I could over power her if I wanted. (I’m a topper obviously, I like small girls who I can take even if they don’t want me to)But she is also kindhearted, fun, random, and good at ignoring those that are mean to her.

But when I’m done, she won’t have to.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

After school they went to Monica’s house to study. This would put off Mikey’s cremation agenda but if Katelyn was still alive she’d starve soon so that’d be okay.

"Hey honey.....whos this?" A kind woman greeted them warmly.

"Mom this is Mikey, my best friend. Mikey this is my mom." Monica wrapped her arms around Mikey’s waist as he shook hands with her mom.

"Call me Chelsea dear." her mom said.

Mikey said something polite and Monica towed him upstairs to her room. He couldn’t help but stare , the room was just how he imagined it, and yes he'd imagined it. Mikey left the door open knowing her mom was trusting a boy she didn’t know and would be nervous with him alone with her daughter behind a door.

He respected that, this woman was a very good mother he could tell.

Monica patted the bed telling Mikey it was okay to sit on it. He sat on the bed 2 feet from her and she pulled her homework out of her bag, he did the same.

They pulled out English homework and worked together. It’s the same homework and teacher, just a different block.

An hour later they were done with all homework watching ‘Halloween’ together.

When the credits came to the screen, Monica stood and put in another movie.

It was ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’

Mikey grinned and scooted closer to where she sitting so when she sat back down they’d be closer.

He wanted to kiss her, at least. But he didn’t want to ruin their friendship.

Every 20 minuets or so, her mom would walk by and glance in. She was a little suspicious of Mikey, so he knew she really cared for Monica.

Mikey liked that she was protective of her daughter, and didn’t label him as ‘no good’ or ‘nerd’

After the movie Mikey stood and stretched, careful to allow his shirt to go up to flash his 8 pack at Monica who’s eyes widened for a moment before she took care of the movie.

"I’ve gotta go. This was fun." He said.

"Yeah it was." She looked a little sad.

"See you tomorrow." He said, unsure if he should kiss her.

He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead and shuffled out passing her mom in the door way. Chelsea Counterman had seen what he did and looked thoughtful, giving him a ‘good move’ look as he passed.

Chelsea approves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wasn't that cute? Funny how he can kill someone, plan to cremate them, let a girl bleed out and starve, AND kiss a girl (more or less)