Titles Without Names

Stopwatch;; A Captain Jack Harkness Interlude

I couldn’t stop screaming; it was even painful to me. I’ve seen this sort of thing, only once. I guess I knew he was going to die. I hoped to hell I was wrong, and hoping I was wrong wasn’t like me, not one bit.

“Jack?” He asked. Only it wasn’t Ianto.

“Who the hell are you?!” I spat, “You’re killing him!” I heard Owens footfalls, and I held up a hand to stop any questions.

“Don’t worry, he won’t be harmed. I’m not here to make enemies…with you.” So much malace conveyed through his voice. I thought it was somebody familiar, but I had to be wrong.

“What do you-”

“Shut up!” He snarled at me. I was silenced; there was something familiar about this. But wrong. “Arrogant as ever. Look, you know what I want. It’s not much, it’s only fair. I need to find him.”

“I wont let you kill him<.” I leant back, and smilied. The Doctor. Always after him, it didn’t matter where I was. Somebody, anybody. Always.

“Well, that’s excellent. But I don’t want him dead.”

“Well, what do you want?” I frowned.

“I need him. Apparently, he’s the only person in the universe who can remove the…blessing,” Ianto spat. “That the families put upon us. It’s a curse, and I can’t stand her. I hate her, so much. I’m also pretty sick of sitting down here.” Suddenly, I knew who it was.

“Jarrah?” And how the years had twisted her.

“Jack, I’m desperate. She chokes me and hurts me with her presence. I miss the sun, and the light. Everything she takes for granted.”

“What do you need me for?”

“Find him. Jack…I’m sorry for this…and can you tell Ianto I’m sorry for this?” Ianto/Jarrah stood. I rose, and felt his/her embrace. He slumped, and I clung to him. For minutes, nothing happened. I could feel my heart race as I considered the worse. Something stirred in him, my Ianto…I stopped. I couldn’t not wonder where that sentiment came from. My Ianto? He was coming to.

“Jack?” he asked, “What..?”

“Shhhush.” I held him closer still. Jarrah…The Doctor told me this would happen. But not what to do about it.

I hated not knowing what was happening.