Lost in Darkness

Home

Jen couldn't imagine what Cali was going through. She was scared for her friend and was glad that she and Brian could help. At the moment she felt pretty useless and prayed that this psycho would be caught soon. She hated seeing Cali so scared.

Ever since Cali had woke from her nap Pinkly had stayed glued to Jen's side. She was currently laying by her feet as Jen loaded the dishwasher. Brian had gone to take a shower leaving Jen with her thoughts. She wanted nothing more to find this person herself and give him a piece of her mind but deep down she knew it would have no affect. Jen was just glad that Cali was finally safe and sound in the home she shared with Brian. Neither of them would let anything happen to her.

Hearing footsteps behind her Jen turned her head and smiled when she saw Brian walk into the kitchen in nothing but his boxers and a pair of socks.

"When are you coming to bed baby?" He asked leaving a soft kiss on the side of her head.

"I don't know I'm not very tired." She said as she placed the last glass into the dishwasher. "I'm worried about Cali."

Brian wrapped his arms around her from behind and rested his head on her shoulder. "Me too babe but she's safe now. No one is going to attack her here."

Jen sighed and leaned back into his chest as he tightened his grip on her waist. "Bri?"

"Hmm?"

"What if it were me instead of her? What if I were being stalked instead?"

"I'd hunt the piece of shit down and kill his fucking ass. No one messes with my girl and lives."

Neither of them said anything for several minutes until Brian leaned in and began placing soft kisses on the back of her neck.

"What are you doing?" Jen asked glancing back at him.

He smirked. "Well, Cali and Jimmy are out for the night and I was thinking..."

"Brian Elwin Haner Jr we can't.. we have house guests." She said while trying to get out of his arms but he only pulled her back to his chest.

"They're asleep. Besides our bedroom is upstairs. They won't hear anything."

Jen raised an eyebrow. "You've said that before and Jimmy ended up listening outside our door."

"If I promise to lock it will you come upstairs and play with me?" He asked and pouted when she wouldn't budge. "What if I do that thing you like with my tongue?"

The brunette shivered at the thought. Brian knew he had won so he picked her up bridal style and ran up the stairs to their bedroom.

------


Cali was wide awake with Jimmy softly snoring in her ear. Anytime she'd hear a noise she'd jump and knew there was no use in going back to sleep. As soon as she would try something would jolt her awake.

She had heard Brian and Jen's conversation and wasn't surprised that Brian would try to get some while Cali was staying with them. He had always been a pervert and was glad that she couldn't hear anything coming from their bedroom.

It was almost three in the morning when Cali heard her stomach growling. Groaning she climbed out of the bed as quietly as possible and slowly made her way to the kitchen. Jen always kept night lights on in the hallways so you would be able to see and Cali was thankful that she'd be able to see instead of constantly running into walls.

Walking into the kitchen Cali flipped on the light and nearly screamed when she saw Brian sitting at the counter stuffing his face with a sandwich.

"Jesus Boogie." She said as her breathing went back to normal. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry." He apologized with a mouth full of food. "I was hungry."

Cali rolled her eyes and began to root through his refrigerator. "Gee I wonder why." She mumbled, her eyes scanning each shelf until they landed on a huge block of cheese. Without asking she grabbed it and quickly took off the plastic wrap it was covered in. She took a huge bite and heard Brian chuckle behind her.

"What's so fucking funny?"

"Nothing really. Jen and I went shopping before you got here so we stocked up on cheese for you."

"Oh. Thanks I guess." She paused and looked around for something to drink. "Is Jenna sleeping?"

Brian smirked. "Yeah she's pretty wore out."

Cali made a face at him. "You could have just said yes or no. I don't want to know what you do in that bed with her."

He chuckled and got up to put his plate into the sink. "Well I'm going to bed. We're right upstairs if you need us."

Cali nodded and watched him walk away. She finished eating her cheese and made her way back to her bedroom.

------


Jen knew Cali wasn't a morning person and never ate breakfast but Brian and Jimmy were another story. They both had been whining that they were hungry so Jen went into the kitchen to make some food. She decided to make a huge stack of waffles and a pack of bacon.

"No eggs?" Brian complained as he started making coffee.

"Cali doesn't eat eggs."

"So? She doesn't have to eat them."

Jen looked at him with one hand resting on her hip. "You know if she even smells them she'll go nuts. No eggs."

"Please baby." He begged wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. "You like eggs too."

"I know I do and so does Jimmy but I'm thinking of Cali here. No eggs."

He pouted but never let go. "You're mean."

"I am not."

"Jenna if he wants eggs so fucking badly just make him some so he'll stop bitching." Cali said as she made her way into the kitchen. "The coffee's not done yet?"

"Sorry." Brian said as he stepped away from Jen. "It'll be done in a couple minutes."

Rolling her eyes Cali looked to see what Jen was cooking and noticed a huge pile of bacon that was already done. She snatched a couple pieces before grabbing a coffee mug.

"Take as much as you want Cals." Jen said as she finished another waffle.

The heiress shook her head. "If I did that there wouldn't be any left plus I'm not very hungry."

"Alright." Jen watched her for a few seconds before finally finishing up the food. She set the food down on the table and sat down next to Brian who was already filling his plate with food.

"I'm really worried about her Bri."

"I know baby but like I said before she's safe here with us. This psycho isn't going to get her as long as she's here with us."

Jen nodded and quietly at her breakfast.

------


Brian and Jimmy had gone to the studio leaving Cali at home with Jen. Neither of the girls minded. Cali sat on the couch with Pinkly while Jen was busy working in her office. She kept the door open in case Cali needed her and worked on her latest project. She had always loved art and found at an early age that she could draw. She had gone to the Art Center in Pasadena and now worked for her own company. Every six months or so she'd have a show at a gallery in Los Angeles and even sold some of her work online.

Jen smiled as she finished up her latest drawing. This piece was for her own personal collection and something she was quiet proud of. Brian had been wanting her to draw a portrait of the two of them but she had been so busy that she never had the time. Now that work was a bit slow she had the time to concentrate on it. She planned to get it framed and give it to him as a present.

Glancing at the clock the brunette noticed it was half fast two and that her stomach was growling. Putting her pencils away she got up from her seat and headed towards the kitchen for a snack.

"Cali are you hungry?" Jen asked as she searched the cabinets for some cookies.

"I already ate." The younger woman yelled.

Finding the package of cookies Jen took a couple before calling for Pinkly. She hadn't been out for a while so Jen decided to let her run around outside while she went to check the mail.

The mailbox was jammed full and it took Jen a few seconds to get everything out. She smiled as Pinkly ran around the yard and decided to let her stay out for a while. It was a gorgeous day out and she didn't see a point in staying cooped up inside all day. She thought about asking Cali to join her but decided against it knowing that she'd just say no.

Jen sat on the front steps as Pinkly ran around and thought about everything her friend was going through. She was glad that Cali was now safe with her and Brian. They would do anything to protect her from this psycho. The only thing that really bothered Jen was not knowing who it was. This person could be anyone and could appear at anytime without warning. The thought of that scared the living shit out of her. She may be taller than Cali but she'd never be able to fight him off. Not the way the other guys could.

Pinkly was ready to go inside so Jen got to her feet and opened up the door. She followed the dog inside and made her way into the living room where the movie Cali was watching was ending. She dumped the pile of mail onto the coffee table and sat down beside her friend on the couch.

"How was the movie?"

Cali shrugged and took a sip of her Pepsi. "Would have been better if Boogie was here."

Cali loved The Nightmare Before Christmas but never liked it as well without Brian to watch it with her but it kept her mind off of things for a few hours and for that she was thankful.

"You sure got a lot of mail today."

Jen nodded and headed into the kitchen for a drink. "Yeah. It's like that almost everyday though." She opened the can and took a long sip before looking at Cali. "I'm not sure when Brian will be home but we can do something if you want."

Cali shook her head. "I'm not leaving this house until that fucker is caught. Thanks though."

The brunette nodded and tried to think of ways to keep them entertained. She couldn't come up with anything which pissed her off but was thankful when the door opened and Brian walked in with Jimmy right behind him.

"Hey baby." Brian kissed Jen and smiled. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Jen said kissing him back. "You look exhausted."

"I am."

"There's a ton of mail on the coffee table. I didn't go through it but it's probably just junk or bills."

Nodding Brian headed into the living room leaving Jimmy in the kitchen with Jen.

"How was she today?" Jimmy asked quietly.

"Pretty good. She watched movies most of the day."

He nodded before giving her a hug. "Thanks again for letting her stay. It means a lot to me."

Jen smiled at him. "No need to thank me Jimmers. I just want her to be safe and for this nutcase to be caught. I hate seeing her like this."

"Me too Butterfly." He paused and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Hopefully we'll catch this guy soon and this will all be over with. I love you and Brian to death but I have a feeling we're going to be ripping out hair out soon."

She giggled softly and took another sip of her soda. "I think you may be right. The sooner this sick fuck is off the streets the sooner we can all get back to having a normal life."

Jimmy smiled before heading into the living room where Cali was quietly talking to Brian. She smiled when she saw him and practically jumped over Brian to get to him.

"You're home." She said excitedly as she landed in his arms.

He laughed and held her tight in his arms. "You missed me didn't you?"

"Of course I did. I always miss you when you're gone."

Brian and Jen exchanged smiled as they watched the young couple. It was nice to see them happy and relaxed even if it only lasted for a few minutes. It gave them some hope that this would all be over soon and they could get back to planning their wedding.

Cali announced she was tired and dragged Jimmy back to the bedroom they were staying in. Brian immediately turned the volume up on the television as she started to think about dinner. They knew what they were doing in there and really didn't want to hear it but figured it was payback for what they had done the night before.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this has taken so long to get up but I have had so much going on lately. Thanks to everyone that has already commented and subscribed. I'd like to thank Cali for allowing me to be a part of this story. Glad you all like it so far.

Comment and subscribe...