Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

Chapter 21: Time

Chapter 21: Time
After spending the night at the Sharp’s guest bedroom, I went back to the condo, content to find it empty. Slowly walking through the bedroom, I gathered up one of my large suitcases and a duffel bag and began folding my clothes in them. I decided to leave some back, but brought the majority of my side with me. When I was passing by the bathroom, the picture on the bedside table caught my eye. I grabbed it and examined the picture, and it was one of the ones from our Cabo trip. Jon and I were walking in front of the group hand in hand; Kendall had snapped the picture and gave it to me as a little souvenir. Smiling sadly, I put down the picture and continued packing. Hoping to leave before Jon came home from practice, and I would leave unnoticed.
Making sure I had everything I needed and printed out my flight information, I quickly sent an email to all my professors and Dr. Lindt about an immediate family emergency, they all understood and told me take all the time I needed. I felt guilty for lying to them, but I had to think of something. I quickly walked out of the condo where Abby was sadly waiting for me to take me to the airport.
“Are you sure this is what you want to do?” Abby asked sadly, I nodded and kept a straight face when all I really wanted to do was cry. She grabbed my hand and began driving to O’Hare where my plane would be waiting for me to return back home to LA.
“Call me when you land okay? Just so I know you’re safe.” I nodded to Abby as she hugged me, and I returned the hug and heard my flight number being called, “I better go,” I told her softly. She wiped her tears and smiled sadly at me. “I hope you know what you’re doing, I love you, and so does Jon.” With a final goodbye, I left Abby standing at security and walked to my gate, my heart breaking with each step.
JON’S POV:
After rushing out of Johnny’s Ice House, I sped home quickly after hearing Kaner and Sharpie talking about Abby taking Karoline to the airport. My heart thudded harshly as I nearly sprinted to the door. Once I stepped inside, I ran to the bedroom to find the closet nearly empty and the bathroom also empty of Karoline’s things. There was no trace that she was here, except for a note, a framed picture, and Karoline’s engagement ring and promise ring.
‘Dear Jon,
If you’re reading this, it means that I’m gone. I’ve decided to go back home and recollect my thoughts and to just think. What you did, it really hurt me. It makes me feel like I’m not good enough for you, which you had to go to HER to confide in. I hope you take this time to really figure out what you want. Because Jon, I don’t know if I can ever trust you again. You promised me, that you would never hurt me, never cause a single tear, and never break my heart. You broke your promise and I think this whole separation would do us good. It should help you and also myself to see if we’re really meant for each other. Because they say that "If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” I hope that we could return our love back to where it was. But until then, time and space is what we need.
I love you,
Karoline.’
Tears fell from my eyes, smudging the letters on the paper, and I crumbled to the ground. Pressing the picture to my chest. Never in my life had I thought I would ever feel like this, I never wished to feel like this, but it was my fault. It was my fault for contacting Gabriella, but I didn’t know why, it just happened one day. I didn’t mean to call her, I didn’t mean to see her at the bar, I didn’t know what to do. If I could turn back time, I would.
That night, I stayed in the same spot, crying loudly, knowing that I may have lost the best thing in my life. I just hope she’ll forgive me, and come back to me; because we are meant to be.
KAROLINE’S POV:
“Attention passengers, we have reached Los Angeles, California. The time is 1:44 in the afternoon, with clear skies and a temperature of 87 degrees. If your visiting, I hope you enjoy your stay, and to others ‘Welcome Home’.” Said the Captain of the plane. I looked out my window, smiling to myself as I saw below my city. When we landed, I pulled out my phone to see Scott’s text saying he was already waiting at the baggage claim with Rob. “I hope you enjoy you’re stay Miss Kardashian,” said the air hostess, “Thankyou.” I replied politely, she and her partner waved me goodbye and I made my way to baggage claim glad to be unnoticed. “Kare!” someone yelled, I looked up from my phone to see Kylie and Kendall running full speed towards me. “I. Cant. Breathe.” I said as they squeezed the living daylights out of me. “Oh! Sorry! We’re just so excited to see you!” they both said excitement in their voices. I laughed softly, and went to hug Rob and Scott. “They wanted to keep it a surprised,” Scott said as I eyed him suspiciously. I shook my head and laughed it off, “Figures,” Rob had grabbed my luggage and we made our way to the car, heading home to Calabasas to Mom’s house.
“Oh my baby, I’m so sorry about what happened, I just can’t believe it.” Mom said as she hugged me tightly when I walked through the front door. “Yeah,” I replied not really wanting to talk about it. “You must be exhausted, why don’t you go upstairs and take a nap, and later tonight, we can have a big family dinner to welcome you home. Sound good?” Mom said softly, I nodded and went upstairs into one of the guest bedrooms and lay on the soft duvet. Curling up, I finally let out the tears and cried myself to sleep for another time.
“Sometimes, you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”

TO BE CONTINUED.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. Yes. Don't kill me.
But this story is done.
The sequel will be up tonight, it's only a prologue chapter for now.
I can't believe it took me this long to finish this, but it's finally done.
If you haven't read yet, but I did start another story, based on Ryan Callahan and the New York Rangers. It's called "Shine Bright Like a Diamond"
Subscribe to it, comment it, and love it. :)
Love you guys who stayed with me throughout this story and to all the viewers.
<3.
Elizabeth Tran.