Sequel: Bright Lights
Status: In the Works :]

Keeping Up With Toews?

4: Jonathan vs. Kris

JON POV:

When Karoline and her brother Rob went for a walk and everyone else left also,so I was left with her mom.

“So Jonathan, tell us more about your career and your lifestyle.” asked her mom.

“I was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I play in the National Hockey League for the Chicago Blackhawks, and I live a plain hockey life.” I replied.

“So you travel alot?”

“Yes, but I do get days off. Some for holidays, and stuff like that.”

“How did you meet Karoline? We always ask her, and you two been keeping the relationship a secret for a while,”

“I meet her at a charity event that was held in Chicago, we both bumped into each other and we just clicked. I asked her out on a date and we went on from there.”

“Why did you two keep it a secret for so long? Why now did you two decide to go public?” she asked seriously.

“We kept it a secret because we wanted to keep it private. We both don’t really like the media, and since we both get a lot of those, we thought it’d be best if we didn’t publicize our relationship for the world to see. We love each other.” I told her,

She smiled at me and patted my arm. 

“Your perfect for Karoline, and you passed the test.”

We both smiled and I hugged Kris and we decided to head back to the rooms.

I said bye to Kris and I went into my room to see it empty. There was a note on the bed and it said “Jon, went to the pool with my brother and sisters, come there when you get back. Love you <3 :] -Karoline”

I changed into my trunks and went to the pool area. I heard shouts coming from one area and one of the voices sounded like Karoline. I hurried there to see Karoline in Kim’s boyfriends face. It looked like he was about to hit her when I saw his fists clench.

“I don’t think that would be a great idea.” I told him once I reached Karoline. I pushed her behind me and gave Kris the ‘if you punch my girlfriend, i’ll kill you’ look. He backed down and went to where had stormed off too.

I turned towards Karoline waiting for an explanation.

“What happened?” I asked her,

“Kim was trash talking Rob by calling him a loser and crap like that, and I defended him by calling Kim a attention grabbing bitch, who needs to worry about her own sucky life and not worry about Rob’s. And then Kris stood up and was backing up Kim and that’s where you came in.” Karoline said animatedly.

“Karoline, you shouldn’t of but in, that was their business. Not yours, I know your defending your brother, but I know he can handle it himself.” I told her.

Karoline looked at me in disbelief and stormed off to where our room was directed.

I sighed loudly and followed her, but was stopped by someone grabbing my arm. I turned to see one of Karoline’s sister Kourtney holding her son Mason.

“Don’t, let her cool down for a little bit.” She told me and by the look in her eyes, I listened.

I sat down in one of the lounge chairs and rubbed my forehead in fustration.

“What you said was true, but in our family that’s how we stick up in our family, we fight, then we get along. Some things we say hurt, but it doesn’t really mean we mean it. Karoline loves Rob and she would defend him and take a bullet for him” Kourtney said to me.

“I just didn’t want that guy all up on Karoline like that, if he’d hit her, I’d kill him.” I told her.

“You really love her don’t you?”

“I do, so much you don’t even know.”

“She loves you too and you make her really happy.”

“I hope I do, I try to keep her happy, but with me traveling so much I wonder how she is still with me.”

“Karoline has patience, she will wait for someone she loves no matter how long it takes,”

“Sometimes it feels like our relationship is too good to be true.”

“Do you see yourself married to her and have a family?”
I looked at her and smiled,

“I do every single day since the day I met her. She’s everything I asked for, she’s the most perfect person in my life. I hope one day that I can see her walk down the alter in her white dress and be my wife.”

Kourtney smiled at me and patted my shoulder,

“Your good,” and walked off. I looked at her confused as she walked away, I sighed and decided to go see Karoline when I crashed into a body. I looked down to see Karoline and smiled slightly.

“I love you.” she said as she wrapped her small arms around my waist and hid her face into my chest.

“I love you too Karoline, so much, also I’m sorry for making you mad. Your sister Kourtney told me how your family works and I understand why you did it.”

“Your getting along with everyone well,”

“Except for Kim and her boyfriend” I told her,

I looked down at her face and saw it all scrunched up. I kissed her nose and chuckled.

We both went to the room and took a shower together and spent the rest of the night laying on our bed looking out onto the beautiful sunset with my arms wrapped around her and my head resting on top of hers.

“I love you” I whispered in her ear and kissed her head.

She squeezed me tight, and drew a small heart where my heart was actual located.

This night is one of the nights I enjoyed, laying down with her made me feel all good inside and I couldn’t wait to marry her and spend the rest of my life with Karoline.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait! i've been busy with school, football games, and stuff!

i'm writing the 5th chapter right now and will post maybe tonight or tomorrow! :]

p.s. don't forget to comment, rate, and subscribe!

i'm trying to get 100 readers, 30 subscribers, and 20 comments by the 8th chapter!