Over-Dressed and Under-Age

1.

Everything was so different here from where Frank if from, there is less people, see buildings. Even the air smells different, not that he was complaining, he just knew this is not going to be fun. He was in the south coast of France right now; originally he is from London so you can see the difference. London has millions of people there, millions of buildings and a lot more pollution. Though here, in a different country there are just endless fields, no people rushing to work, no cars beeping their horn in frustration. Nothing like that.

“You'll get used to it,” Frank turned his head to see his auntie smiling at him.

“Yeah, I suppose. How long am I here for?” Frank questioned eager to know so he can count down the days.

“Well, I'm going away for a month but if you want to stay for longer that's fine.” Frank just nodded subtly.

Frank lives with his auntie, has done since he was five years old. His parents couldn't look after them; they were both mentally unwell due to either alcohol or depression. So Frank's auntie, Rose, took him and he has stayed with her for twelve years now.

“Why couldn't I go with you?” Frank asked.

“Frank, you're 17; you're a big boy now. Anyway, you need some sort of work experience and why not now? It is a perfect opportunity.” Rose smiled.

“Still though, while you're in Rome I have to work.” Frank complained as he rolled down the car window and lit up a cigarette. “Plus, these people won’t even speak English.”

“I've told you, Gerard is your age and he does, most of them do, you'll be fine.” Rose sighed as she kept her eyes on the deserted road. “Do you not think it would be cool working on a vegetable farm?”

“What's “cool” about it? Getting your hands dirty, heavy lifting, getting up early. I'd probably have to walk 5 miles to get to a shop to buy fags!” Frank was just trying to pick an argument.

“You know, the more you piss me off now the easier it will be to just leave you there and live in Rome.” Rose half smiled, “not long now.”

That was the end of the conversation, Frank just turned his head to look out the window and let his mind wonder about what the next month will be like. It couldn't be good, no good will come out of it. He's never done any labour work before, the only time he got up early was when he went to school, he mainly just moans at everything.

“That's where you are staying,” Rose pointed to a building about 100 yards away. Frank looked up and saw a big building standing there, if had lots of fields round about it, all filled with different vegetables; there was another three buildings on the land. Behind the house there was a hill with a ranch on it, if Frank was not mistaken it had a flock of sheep grazing around.

“Jesus this just keeps getting better and better,” Frank said sarcastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, but it will get better <3

Zoe x