Over-Dressed and Under-Age

2.

As they drove up the man-made dirt path Frank looked around. There was two large sheds there and a cottage type thing, then the house. There was a few children running around with baskets of fruit and vegetables, a few chickens were clucking their way around. The house looked pretty old, made out of stone but with huge open windows.

Rose stopped the car and they got out, Frank followed right behind his auntie as she chapped the door and walked inside.

“Bonsoir!” Came the voice of a woman as she walked out into the hall way to greet them. She looked a little younger than Rose, 32 maybe? She has two plaits in her hair and was wearing a red checked shirt and blue skinny jeans. Typical farmer.

“Bonjour! Oh it's been too long,” Rose smiled as she gave the woman a hug.

“It has been, so you must be our new worker, Frank? I'm Susie” To Frank's surprise she spoke fluent English.

“Yes, nice to meet you,” Frank said as he held out his hand.

“And you,” she smiled as she gently shook his hand. “Come in, everyone is in the living room.” Susie said as she walked through into a room. Frank and Rose obediently followed her in, the living room was huge. A fireplace sat in the corner with a roaring fire, two children sat in front of it; they were playing with a cat. A man, a younger looking woman and an elderly woman sat there on separate couches, the couches were facing either the fireplace of the huge open window. In the middle of the room was a wooden coffee table with china cups of tea and a tea pot.

“Please, sit down,” Frank turned his head to see the younger woman was talking to him; she looked older than him, about 25. She had loose bunches in and looked like a normal person with decent looking clothes. Frank mentally slapped himself for saying such a thing, and then sat himself down on the closest couch, Rose sat next to him and Susie sat next to the man, who is presumably her husband.

“Qui est ce?” the elderly woman said to Susie.

“Frank, il va nous aider sur la ferme de” Susie said then turned to Frank.

“I was just introducing you,” she smiled and Frank gave a small wave to the woman. “I so apologise my mum does not speak English very well.”

“Hello,” the elderly woman smiled at Frank and Rose. “Me Jayne,” she introduced

“Hello,” Frank and Rose said.

“Okay, that's Alicia, who is my older nephew's fiancée.” Susie pointed to the woman who told Frank to sit down, Frank smiled at her. “This is my husband Jake,” she pointed to the man next to her. “There is Melody and Charlie they're three and they're my children. We also have Tyler who is ten and is also my little one, and Alicia's little one, Sandy who is eight. And there is Gerard who is eighteen, about your age. He will be working now but should be with us soon.”

“Can't wait to meet them,” Frank said half smiling as he took in the information

“Frank is a bit cranky about coming here, he doesn't do hard work.” Rose laughed as did everyone else.

“I'm sure you'll like it here, sport.” Jake said as he wrapped his arm around Susie.

“I'm nipping out for a cigarette,” Frank mumbled to Rose as he stood up and walked out the room.

“Fag break,” he heard Rose say as he opened the door and stood outside.

Frank sat down on the bench that sat just next to the door; there he got a good view of things. He could see the fields and saw distantly two children running around. Frank took out a cigarette and lit it up; down by his feet two white chickens were walking around, pecking at the ground. It was almost sunset and Frank could see the sun perfectly. He had never seen it so free; it's normally hidden behind tall buildings or grey clouds.

“Bonsoir, Etes-vous Frank?” Frank lifted his head as he blew out smoke and saw a boy there. He was wearing a white, loose shirt with brown three quarter lengths with braces that hung over his shoulders. He was carrying an empty basket and placed it next to the bench. He had shoulder length black hair and a smile on his face.

“I'll assume that means am I Frank? And yes I am.” Frank replied putting the cigarette butt between his lips and inhaling.

“So you speak English,” the boy spoke, his voice was very soothing. He sat next to Frank and pulled out a pouch of tobacco and quickly rolled himself a cigarette before lighting it up.

“Yes, as do you. I'll take it you're Gerard?” Frank guessed looking at him.

“Famously yes,” Gerard chuckled as he sat back and out the cigarette between his lips. “So how long are you here for?”

“A month,” Frank replied bluntly. After that there was silence until they both finished their cigarettes, then they walked inside to see everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longer this time, I hope you like it

Zoe x