Over-Dressed and Under-Age

3.

“I see you found Gerard,” Susie smiled as she sipped on a cup of tea.

“Well, I found him.” Gerard said.

“Why don't you take Frank on a tour around the place, show him where everything is?” Susie suggested.

“Would you like a tour?” Gerard was now looking at Frank.

“Sure,” Frank shrugged and then they walked back out the room.

“Here is the kitchen,” Gerard said as they walked into a rather large kitchen, it was all made of wood with a table in the middle with a sink on it, it was just your usual kitchen. “That's the back garden,” Gerard pointed out the glass door and Frank looked, it had a pond and he could very faintly see gold fish swimming around. It had trees with apples of vines with grapes, it was all very fancy and lovely look. “Keep up,” Gerard said, Frank turned around and followed Gerard upstairs. “Bathroom,” it was a regular bathroom, your basic toilet, sink, shower and bath. “This is Susie and Jake's room is that one. That's Gran's room, that's Mikey and Alicia's room.” Gerard then walked up another flight of stairs. “That's Melody and Charlie's room, that's Sandy's room, that's Tyler's room, that's my room and this is your room.” Gerard said as he opened a door and let Frank walk inside.

It was lovely inside, a singular blue bed sat next to a huge window, a wall window pretty much. You could see for miles on end and very faintly the sea, there was a wardrobe, a TV and a desk.

“Wow,” Frank smiled.

“I know it's not much but you can do what you like to it. Now, would you like to see around the farm?” Gerard asked as they walked out the room.

“Okay,” Frank smiled as they walked down all the stairs and out the house.

“Well, this shed is for equipment,” Gerard explained as he opened a shed door very near the house. “The one next to it is for fruit and vegetables that are waiting to be picked up by the lorry.” Gerard opened the shed next to it, it looked huge inside but it was empty, the lorry had probably picked everything up already.

“This is huge,” Frank said as he looked at Gerard.

“Haha, every day at 6 pm it's stuffed full, we even have to keep boxes outside sometimes for the lorry to pick up. He do make a lot of money if you can not tell by the house. Anyway, follow me.” Gerard said as they walked up behind the sheds to another cottage looking building.

“What's this?” Frank asked.

“Chicken coop, we have chickens, sheep, goats, three cats and a horse to herd the sheep in.” Gerard explained. “Oh, and goldfish.”

“I thought this was a vegetable farm.” Frank asked as he counted the chickens inside the coup, there were seven.

“Yes but we keep all the animals for dairy, well sheep for wool, goat for milk and chickens for eggs. Cats because most of us are cat people, a horse to make travelling around the farm easier and a goldfish to make the pond nicer. Moving on,” Gerard smiled as he power walked on. “This field is currently filled with grapes,” Frank looked over a fence that was about ten yards behind the house.

“That's a shit load of grapes,” Frank smiled as he saw all the vines of grapes growing up fences etc.

“Yeah, we have about 150-200 grapes a day, up here is our orchid.” Frank looked up and saw this huge, endless land of trees.

“Bloody hell, that's like three times bigger than the house.” Frank gasped.

“Yeah we have everything, apples, pears, oranges, bananas you name it.” Gerard smiled. “Straight up that hill is the sheep, goats, horse etc. Over there is our strawberry plants.” Gerard walked about 30 meters over to a filed that was about as big as the grapes, the same except filled with strawberries. “We get about 300 strawberries a day.” Gerard shrugged as he walked away over to the other side of the house. “A field for corn, a field for a mixture of things from aubergine to carrots, or cucumber what ever. That's a field for potatoes, that's a field for different flowers, yes we grow flowers as well and that field there is just filled with tall grass. That's about it really,” Gerard took a deep breath.

“This place is huge,” Frank smiled as he looked around him.

“It is you'll adjust to it though.” Gerard smiled as they made their way back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think?